News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Poll

Who is the next GM? I have a copy of Todd, Tom, Pete and Laura's short lists.

Omar Minaya
David Littlefield
Steve Phillips
Matt Millen
Jim Essian
Hawk Harrelson
Tom Osborne
Mark Dawson
Rocco the Hot Dog Guy
J. Joseph Ricketts
Sharon Pannozzo
Dale Tallon
Dan Evans
Jerry Angelo
Billy Bean
Larry Himes (RIGHT that wrong!)

Author Topic: Who will be the next General Manager? (Or the future's gonna be GREAT!)  ( 5,170 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Who will be the next General Manager? (Or the future's gonna be GREAT!)
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 25, 2011, 01:07:45 PM
Quote from: Brownie on August 25, 2011, 01:01:09 PM
Quote from: PANK! on August 19, 2011, 12:10:47 PM
Quote from: Slaky on August 19, 2011, 12:06:39 PM
How can you be celebrating the firing of a man who had a real job in this economy? He toiled in penniless anonymity for 17 years and this is the thanks he gets? Sent packing with no hope in sight? How is he going to feed his kids? How is he supposed to look in the mirror now that the paychecks had stopped? Sure, they were meager but it was enough to put a few scraps on the table (less the lion's share that he ate before he'd get back from those Jewel runs). But now, he's got nothing. No job and no future. And we have the gall to laugh and celebrate? How dare we.

He'll probably never find work again and you'll all be sorry you whooped it up when you see him panhandling outside of Sluggers looking gaunt and pathetic. Go ahead. Throw him a dollar or two. It's the least you can do to make up for your reaction.

Maybe he can pawn his honorary street sign from Park Ridge.

Park Ridge can kick a man when he's down! What's next, a village ban on pastries?

It's nice that the Trib tried to reach him for comment.

They should have just asked his daughter, wearing pink in the picture.