News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,893 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #930 on: March 25, 2010, 01:58:44 PM »

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #931 on: March 25, 2010, 03:42:06 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 25, 2010, 10:50:21 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 25, 2010, 10:41:19 AM
Really, shouldn't Comar be off faxing pictures of nooses to Democratic lawmakers right now?

I think MikeC's more of a coffin-on-the-lawn sort of guy.

Cool Eli, gets his news from the Democrats themselves. The coffin story was debunked already, The Politico and Democratic Underground have gone into damage control mode for reporting that as fact. For those that don't know, damage control for Dem's is changing the original article with the new updated (and correct) information without ever letting the readers know it was wrong in the first place. Nor explaining why it was wrong, and how it slipped past their fact checkers and editors. It helps to not get your political hit pieces from Carnahan and the Democrats themselves.

But hey lets move onto what the Health Care bill is not going to do. You see our new health care bill changes a pretty important law dealing with Medicare part D prescription coverage. It also allows the Obama administration to how should we say.....fudge the numbers?

QuoteHere's the skinny: The government used to offer corporations a subsidy to provide Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage plans to their employees. Why? Well, because businesses could offer the plans more cheaply -- it would cost a business only $665 per person to provide the coverage, whereas if those people were getting that coverage through Medicare, it would cost nearly double that.

So the subsidy was in fact a net-cash-winner -- by shelling out some money to induce businesses to provide the coverage, we avoided the additional costs of Medicare having to provide it.

So: Obama and the Democrats need some fake "savings" to claim their bill is "reduces the deficit." What do they do? They cut the subsidy.

On paper, gee, that saves money. But in the real world, that induces corporations to stop playing ball, stop offering Medicare Part D coverage, and dump those employees and retirees into Medicare again, costing the government even more money. Verizon just signaled it will likely be doing just that.

The Verizon Memo...

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YTk1OWNjNGNmYWJiOTIzY2E4YjYyYmJjOTJhMGQwZDg=

QuoteBut surely the Congressional Budget Office, in scoring the Democrats' bill, accounted for the possibility that employers would drop their retiree drug plans, thus increasing Medicare Part D outlays and canceling out — or even exceeding — that extra $5.4 billion in revenue, right? No, the CBO did not. "We tried to get them to score it," says a spokesperson for the American Benefits Council, which recently put out a study warning that the tax change would encourage employers to cut back on their retiree plans. "But CBO can only score what's in front of them, and we couldn't get them to account for retirees that would be added to Part D."

Chalk it up as another budgetary gimmick in a bill full of them: A provision that is likely to increase government spending got scored as $5.4 billion in revenue.

That mythical 1.2 trillion in savings is quickly drying up, no matter how many times Chuck to Chuck reprints it he can't make it true.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #932 on: March 25, 2010, 03:49:10 PM »
I'M GOING TO DISPROVE YOUR PARTISAN TALKING POINTS WITH MY PARTISAN TALKING POINTS AND MINE WILL BE RIGHT BECAUSE I AM A REAL AMERICAN, YOU LIBTARD HOMOCRAT!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #933 on: March 25, 2010, 03:51:47 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on March 25, 2010, 03:42:06 PM
But hey lets move onto what the Health Care bill is not going to do.

Slice Glenn Beck's dick lengthwise for you to reduce the choking hazard of the macaroni and cheese?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #934 on: March 25, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »
It helps to not get your political hit pieces from Carnahan and the Democrats themselves.

Please tell us where you get yours.  It'll save a lot of time.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #935 on: March 25, 2010, 03:56:46 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 25, 2010, 03:51:47 PM
But hey lets move onto what the Health Care bill is not going to do.

Slice Glenn Beck's dick lengthwise for you to reduce the choking hazard of the macaroni and cheese?

While I did love this post, it did make me think of Glenn Beck's dong, which I did not want to do...ever.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #936 on: March 25, 2010, 03:57:38 PM »
Really, shouldn't Comar be off faxing pictures of nooses to Democratic lawmakers right now?

Cool Eli, gets his news from the Democrats themselves. The coffin story was debunked already, The Politico and Democratic Underground have gone into damage control mode for reporting that as fact. For those that don't know, damage control for Dem's is changing the original article with the new updated (and correct) information without ever letting the readers know it was wrong in the first place.

Damage control for Dem's what?

Dem's Politico internets?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #937 on: March 25, 2010, 04:13:15 PM »
As long as we're still in debunking-particular-incidents-to-prove-that-it's-my-side-that's-being-victimized mode, this...

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/03/richmond-police-statement-on-cantor-office-vandalism.php

QuoteRichmond Police Investigate Cantor Building Vandalism

March 25, 2010

The Richmond Police Department is investigating an act of vandalism at the Reagan Building, 25 E. Main St., Richmond, Virginia. A first floor window was struck by a bullet at approximately 1 a.m. on Tuesday, March 23. The building, which has several tenants including an office used by Congressman Eric Cantor, was unoccupied at the time.

A Richmond Police detective was assigned to the case. A preliminary investigation shows that a bullet was fired into the air and struck the window in a downward direction, landing on the floor about a foot from the window. The round struck with enough force to break the windowpane but did not penetrate the window blinds. There was no other damage to the room, which is used occasionally for meetings by the congressman.

The Richmond Police Department is sharing information about the incident with appropriate law enforcement agencies.

At this time there are no suspects.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #938 on: March 25, 2010, 04:45:38 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 25, 2010, 03:57:38 PM

Cool Eli, gets his news from the Democrats themselves. The coffin story was debunked already, The Politico and Democratic Underground have gone into damage control mode for reporting that as fact. For those that don't know, damage control for Dem's is changing the original article with the new updated (and correct) information without ever letting the readers know it was wrong in the first place.

Damage control for Dem's what?

Dem's Politico internets?

Dem's Hearty Garlic Bread. In your local grocer's freezer.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #939 on: March 25, 2010, 04:55:47 PM »
How do we know that the "attack" on Cantor's unoccupied office was related to his political party and not to his religion?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #940 on: March 25, 2010, 05:01:31 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 25, 2010, 04:55:47 PM
How do we know that the "attack" on Cantor's unoccupied office was related to his political party and not to his religion?

How do we know it was related to Cantor?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #941 on: March 25, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »

Maybe they don't like his singing?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #942 on: March 25, 2010, 05:02:49 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 25, 2010, 05:01:31 PM

How do we know it was related to Cantor?

How do we know it wasn't actually Cantor himself that did it?  Huh?  Hmm?  What about the reverse vampires?

Save me, Glenn Beck.  Save me from myself.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #943 on: March 25, 2010, 05:04:17 PM »
I don't know, but if we're asking these questions we should ask the same questions about the attacks on Democrats, right?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #944 on: March 25, 2010, 05:07:19 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 25, 2010, 05:04:17 PM
I don't know, but if we're asking these questions we should ask the same questions about the attacks on Democrats, right?
You know good and well that they were all debunked by reliable news sources, troublemaker!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck