News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,895 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1170 on: April 15, 2010, 11:44:25 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 15, 2010, 11:40:40 AM
Am I just lucky to have an accountant for a father or what?

Ditto.  My refund's already been dispersed and spent.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1171 on: April 15, 2010, 11:46:37 AM »
Whole lotta teabaggers running around the loop today. Pretty entertaining. They've got signs and everything. It's nice to be able to see what real Americans look like. I've been living in a fantasy land.

Old white guys?

QuoteThe 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.

Quote from: MAD on April 15, 2010, 11:44:25 AM
My refund's already been dispersed and spent.

How many Bacci slices you get back?

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1172 on: April 15, 2010, 11:47:09 AM »

Some people don't get refunds, so they wait until the last minute to file.

/not sayin'
//just sayin'

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1173 on: April 15, 2010, 11:47:39 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 15, 2010, 11:46:37 AM
Whole lotta teabaggers running around the loop today. Pretty entertaining. They've got signs and everything. It's nice to be able to see what real Americans look like. I've been living in a fantasy land.

Old white guys?

QuoteThe 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.

My refund's already been dispersed and spent.

How many Bacci slices you get back?

RV, he's already folded them and put them in his pockets. Don't make him count them.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1174 on: April 15, 2010, 11:48:05 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 15, 2010, 11:47:09 AM

/not sayin'
//just sayin'

THI

Those bastards get my money at the last minute, and not before.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1175 on: April 15, 2010, 11:51:01 AM »
Quote from: Bort on April 15, 2010, 11:48:05 AM

/not sayin'
//just sayin'

THI

Consider me learned.

Quote from: R-V on April 15, 2010, 11:46:37 AM

Old white guys?

The 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.

Unsurprisingly, the five people I saw were older gentlemen of the Caucasian persuasion.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1176 on: April 15, 2010, 02:00:30 PM »

/not sayin'
//just sayin'

THI

You could always overpay and earn 4% interest on the overage.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1177 on: April 15, 2010, 02:06:20 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 15, 2010, 02:00:30 PM

/not sayin'
//just sayin'

THI

I was thinking of underpaying and hoping for the best. My tax attorneys at Snipes, Nelson, and Foxx recommended it.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1178 on: April 15, 2010, 02:10:24 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 15, 2010, 11:51:01 AM

/not sayin'
//just sayin'

THI

Consider me learned.

Me, I was just a combination of lazy and on vacation. That's how I found myself stuck in this spot...

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Illinois-Tax-Web-Site-Down-On-Tax-Day-90951509.html

QuoteIllinois residents who waited until the last minute to file their taxes are going to have a difficult time doing so on-line because the Illinois Department of Revenue's pin application site is currently down and will likely remain so throughout the day, officials say.

That means anyone who hasn't filed online before will need to call an 800 number in order to get their pin so they can file online.

But here's the rub: the provided 800 numbers give a perpetual busy signal because so many frantic tax filers are calling.

Fucking Illinois.

Enjoy that extra 6 bucks you just wrung out of me.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1179 on: April 15, 2010, 02:18:29 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 15, 2010, 02:00:30 PM

/not sayin'
//just sayin'

THI

When did the IRS start paying interest on refunds before April 15th?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1180 on: April 15, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »
For Bort...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/04/lunch_break_153.html

I'll let Wikipedia describe:

QuoteIn the film, Donald Duck is portrayed as an everyman who has just received his weekly pay. He is met by two physical manifestations of his personality — the classic "good angel on one shoulder, bad devil on the other shoulder" dilemma common to cartoons of the time — identified as the "thrifty saver" and the "spendthrift."

The "good duck" appears as a slightly elderly duck with a Scottish accent who wears a kilt and Scottish cap and urges Donald to be thrifty with his money so he can be sure to pay his taxes for the war effort. The "bad duck" appears as a zoot suit-wearing hipster who urges Donald to spend his duly earned money on idle pleasures such as "good dates". The good angel reminds of other "dates" - the dates when his taxes are due. (In the 1940s, income taxes were paid directly by workers every three months and not directly removed from employee paychecks as is done today.) The narrator explains that Americans should "gladly and proudly" pay their income taxes which are higher that year "thanks to Hitler and Hirohito."

A tug-of-war ensues between "spend" and "save" with Donald caught in the middle. Eventually the two sides give way and crash on opposite ends of Donald to reveal the "true" selves: the doors of the bad duck's club are revealed to be swastikas and the bad duck himself turns out to bear a resemblance to Hitler (his bow tie is now a swastika and he has grown Hitler's characteristic mustache) while the wall the good duck has crashed up against resembles the flag of the United States. The narrator then asks the audience if they are going to "spend for the Axis" or "save for taxes." Having made the seemingly obvious choice, Donald is assumed to shake hands with the bad duck, but it is revealed that he heads over to the bad duck to punch him out at the last second. He then goes to proudly pay his taxes with the good duck.

Looks like you even have a category set aside for this one.

The relevant moment comes a bit after the 2:00 mark.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1181 on: April 15, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1182 on: April 15, 2010, 08:14:27 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on April 15, 2010, 02:29:50 PM
For Bort...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/04/lunch_break_153.html

I'll let Wikipedia describe:

QuoteIn the film, Donald Duck is portrayed as an everyman who has just received his weekly pay. He is met by two physical manifestations of his personality — the classic "good angel on one shoulder, bad devil on the other shoulder" dilemma common to cartoons of the time — identified as the "thrifty saver" and the "spendthrift."

The "good duck" appears as a slightly elderly duck with a Scottish accent who wears a kilt and Scottish cap and urges Donald to be thrifty with his money so he can be sure to pay his taxes for the war effort. The "bad duck" appears as a zoot suit-wearing hipster who urges Donald to spend his duly earned money on idle pleasures such as "good dates". The good angel reminds of other "dates" - the dates when his taxes are due. (In the 1940s, income taxes were paid directly by workers every three months and not directly removed from employee paychecks as is done today.) The narrator explains that Americans should "gladly and proudly" pay their income taxes which are higher that year "thanks to Hitler and Hirohito."

A tug-of-war ensues between "spend" and "save" with Donald caught in the middle. Eventually the two sides give way and crash on opposite ends of Donald to reveal the "true" selves: the doors of the bad duck's club are revealed to be swastikas and the bad duck himself turns out to bear a resemblance to Hitler (his bow tie is now a swastika and he has grown Hitler's characteristic mustache) while the wall the good duck has crashed up against resembles the flag of the United States. The narrator then asks the audience if they are going to "spend for the Axis" or "save for taxes." Having made the seemingly obvious choice, Donald is assumed to shake hands with the bad duck, but it is revealed that he heads over to the bad duck to punch him out at the last second. He then goes to proudly pay his taxes with the good duck.

Looks like you even have a category set aside for this one.

The relevant moment comes a bit after the 2:00 mark.

Solid.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1183 on: April 15, 2010, 08:27:38 PM »

The "good duck" appears as a slightly elderly duck with a Scottish accent who wears a kilt and Scottish cap and urges Donald to be thrifty with his money so he can be sure to pay his taxes for the war effort. The "bad duck" appears as a zoot suit-wearing hipster who urges Donald to spend his duly earned money on idle pleasures such as "good dates".

I'd buy a zoot suit in an instant. Reminds me of the good old days when the fantastically queer "Briarhouse" used to be a men's vintage store just north of the Loop. I don't think I even want cufflinks that aren't enamel on copper any more.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1184 on: April 15, 2010, 08:29:59 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 15, 2010, 08:27:38 PM

The "good duck" appears as a slightly elderly duck with a Scottish accent who wears a kilt and Scottish cap and urges Donald to be thrifty with his money so he can be sure to pay his taxes for the war effort. The "bad duck" appears as a zoot suit-wearing hipster who urges Donald to spend his duly earned money on idle pleasures such as "good dates".

I'd buy a zoot suit in an instant. Reminds me of the good old days when the fantastically queer "Briarhouse" used to be a men's vintage store just north of the Loop. I don't think I even want cufflinks that aren't enamel on copper any more.

I'm saving up for a drape coat myself. Then I can give that Johnny Rotten what for.