News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,910 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1185 on: April 15, 2010, 08:40:55 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 15, 2010, 11:40:40 AM
Whole lotta teabaggers running around the loop today. Pretty entertaining. They've got signs and everything. It's nice to be able to see what real Americans look like. I've been living in a fantasy land.

Anyway, what's up with people waiting until the last minute to pay their taxes? Am I just lucky to have an accountant for a father or what?

Some people couldn't e-file* because of some ridiculous laws that prohibit new residents from e-filing so they actually had to print their return out and actually go drop it off in the mailbox because the mailman doesn't pick up outgoing mail from their apartment and they forgot because they've been hellas busy ok.

/not sayin
//just sayin

* just in wisconsin (but it's not me per se).

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1186 on: April 15, 2010, 11:01:57 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 15, 2010, 08:40:55 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 15, 2010, 11:40:40 AM
Whole lotta teabaggers running around the loop today. Pretty entertaining. They've got signs and everything. It's nice to be able to see what real Americans look like. I've been living in a fantasy land.

Anyway, what's up with people waiting until the last minute to pay their taxes? Am I just lucky to have an accountant for a father or what?

Some people couldn't e-file* because of some ridiculous laws that prohibit new residents from e-filing so they actually had to print their return out and actually go drop it off in the mailbox because the mailman doesn't pick up outgoing mail from their apartment and they forgot because they've been hellas busy ok.

/not sayin
//just sayin

* just in wisconsin (but it's not me per se).

There are other reasons that one cannot e-file.  I made an 83(b) election this year, for example (connected with the new cheddar-stacking gig) and as it turns out if you do an 83(b) you cannot e-file.  //just sayin
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1187 on: April 19, 2010, 07:45:56 PM »
Some guy on some motorcycle messageboard...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565866
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1188 on: April 19, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1189 on: April 19, 2010, 11:37:50 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 19, 2010, 08:46:41 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on April 19, 2010, 07:45:56 PM
Some guy on some motorcycle messageboard...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565866

Good read - how did find that?

Same place I first read about John Tesh banging Oprah Winfrey: The Poor Man (via some commenter at Balloon Juice).
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1190 on: April 20, 2010, 08:45:49 AM »
This is amusing.

QuoteThe Tea Party movement's dirty little secret is that its chief financial backers owe their family fortune to the granddaddy of all their hatred: Stalin's godless empire of the USSR. The secretive oil billionaires of the Koch family, the main supporters of the right-wing groups that orchestrated the Tea Party movement, would not have the means to bankroll their favorite causes had it not been for the pile of money the family made working for the Bolsheviks in the late 1920s and early 1930s, building refineries, training Communist engineers and laying down the foundation of Soviet oil infrastructure.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1191 on: April 23, 2010, 08:22:34 AM »
More analysis on Health Care Reform and the news isn't good...

http://legalinsurrection.blogspot.com/2010/04/numbers-were-lie-all-along.html

QuotePresident Barack Obama's health care overhaul law will increase the nation's health care tab instead of bringing costs down, government economic forecasters concluded Thursday in a sobering assessment of the sweeping legislation.

A report by economic experts at the Health and Human Services Department said the health care remake will achieve Obama's aim of expanding health insurance — adding 34 million Americans to the coverage rolls.

But the analysis also found that the law falls short of the president's twin goal of controlling runaway costs, raising projected spending by about 1 percent over 10 years. That increase could get bigger, however, since the report also warned that Medicare cuts in the law may be unrealistic and unsustainable, forcing lawmakers to roll them back.

What is crushing financial debt on an unsustainable entitlement going to do to this nation? We are about to find out.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1192 on: April 23, 2010, 08:24:25 AM »

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1193 on: April 23, 2010, 12:59:44 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 23, 2010, 08:24:25 AM

Wait...what.....what....what were we talking about.......

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1195 on: April 27, 2010, 09:20:50 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 23, 2010, 04:50:11 PM
General Motors paid back its original TARP loans...

... with other TARP money.

Fuck you, Ed Whitacre.

I have seen that ad and wondered if it was true but haven't bothered to research it. I know GM's sales were down by over 30% since the bailout, so i kinda wondered where they came up with the cash when they clearly weren't selling cars. A car company owned by the Obama Administration telling lies now? Unpossible!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1196 on: April 27, 2010, 09:28:24 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 23, 2010, 04:50:11 PM
General Motors paid back its original TARP loans...

... with other TARP money.

Fuck you, Ed Whitacre.

According to a news source and not "Reason":

Quotethe Associated Press reported, GM received a total of $52 billion from the U.S. government and $9.5 billion from the Canadian and Ontario governments as part of its bankruptcy reorganization. The U.S. considered $6.7 billion of the $52 billion as a loan.

In fact, GM still owes $45.3 billion to the U.S. and $8.1 billion to Canada, money it received in exchange for shares in the company. GM said it hopes to repay those amounts with an eventual public stock offering, the AP reported.

So, GM paid back the loan portion of the US bail out funds.  This totaled $6.7 billion.  But, they still owe Canada $8.1 billion.

It would be just as accurate to say that GM paid back the US with Canadian funds as it would be to say that they used "TARP" funds to pay back the loan.

Bottom line: GM has paid back a loan quicker than they were supposed to.  That's good, right?

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1197 on: April 27, 2010, 09:59:21 AM »
My latest outrage is with Chris Dodd. But first a refresher course.....this is a man who was neck deep in the housing crisis, and fought George Bush's attempts at regulatory overhaul by exclaiming nothing was wrong with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. He also helped write the massive stimulus bill, that did nothing it promised. His little fingers also dabbled in helping write the Health Care Reform bill that is so badly written with budget gimmicks, and flat out false hoods, it can't possible do anything its promised to do.

Now Senator Dodd, who will choose retirement rather than face the voters (who will likely vote his ass out), has moved onto Financial Reform. Basically everything this guy touches is a crap sandwich smothered in a fat philly fans vomit.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/chris_dodd_carve_outs_for_cronies_MT1U7GBEPvzX3QXProqC9L

QuoteThe Senate bill, sponsored by Democrat Chris Dodd, claims to subject all "too big to fail" institutions to greater federal supervision, but in fact it only mandates such regulation for bank-holding companies. Regulators would have to make a case-by-case decision on whether to apply it to other financial companies.

That's no minor oversight, because insurance companies, like AIG, tend to have thrift charters rather than bank charters. So, as the bill stands now, AIG and other insurers that accepted massive bailout funds, such as The Hartford, would not be automatically covered. That's a head-scratcher only if you forget that most insurance companies reside in Dodd's home state, Connecticut.

QuoteRemember the mortgage crisis? Well, the primary consumer-protection law for homebuyers is the 1974 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act. The law requires the timely, accurate disclosure of relevant closing costs and prohibits "kickbacks" for the steering of settlement services.

For example, your real-estate agent cannot, under RESPA, be paid a fee for steering you toward a certain home inspector, title company or other closing service. Yet, under the Dodd bill, real-estate agents would be exempted from RESPA. If that weren't bad enough, the Dodd bill exempts insurers and attorneys -- both now subject to RESPA -- from its consumer protections, too

I almost forgot, Chris Dodd was leading the charge in the Auto Bailout as well, I believe him and Barney Frank helped craft that as well.. He was also the one that wanted then GM CEO Rick Wagoner removed and replaced with the someone that never ran a car company, but he is apparently pretty good at smoke and mirrors budgeting.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1198 on: April 27, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »

Interesting.

Mainly because the whole time I was reading that, I was thinking about titties.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1199 on: April 27, 2010, 10:08:38 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 27, 2010, 10:02:54 AM

Interesting.

Mainly because the whole time I was reading that, I was thinking about titties.

I assume that's the reason for his Reon Kadena avatar.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.