News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,912 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1725 on: June 28, 2010, 03:13:46 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 03:05:38 PM
I would kill to fire a .50 cal Barrett one day.

I'd definitely still recommend the shotgun in this instance...

/lawsuit bait
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1726 on: June 28, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 28, 2010, 03:13:46 PM

/lawsuit bait

THI.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1727 on: June 28, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 28, 2010, 03:13:46 PM

/lawsuit bait

Kill them with the SPAS-12. Use a .50 cal on Theriot. Done deal

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1728 on: June 28, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »
Quote from: flannj on June 28, 2010, 03:09:57 PM
Yes the shotgun is a more effective home defense weapon.
And in many ways safer because it is less inclined to overpenetrate in a home environment.
But it is unwieldy in comparison and a bit harder to store safely and with quick access.

A pump-action shotgun is safer for the average Joe for more reasons than just not accidentally shooting the neighbors when you inevitably miss, and I'd count "unwieldiness" as one of them, as it encourages having a plan, including properly aiming the thing, rather than fantasies about running around with laser sights and springing from behind corners and so forth.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1729 on: June 28, 2010, 04:20:50 PM »
Why are Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee bashing Thurgood Marshall?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1730 on: June 28, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 04:20:50 PM
Why are Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee bashing Thurgood Marshall?

Is that a trick question?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1731 on: June 28, 2010, 04:40:55 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 28, 2010, 04:39:04 PM

Listening to many of them today, you'd think that Marshall was some kind of radical activist who literally tore up the constitution and wiped his ass with it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1732 on: June 28, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 04:40:55 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 28, 2010, 04:39:04 PM

Listening to many of them today, you'd think that Marshall was some kind of radical activist who literally tore up the constitution and wiped his ass with it.

I'll just continue to assume that he did...in a good way.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1733 on: June 28, 2010, 06:15:05 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 28, 2010, 04:19:44 PM
Quote from: flannj on June 28, 2010, 03:09:57 PM
Yes the shotgun is a more effective home defense weapon.
And in many ways safer because it is less inclined to overpenetrate in a home environment.
But it is unwieldy in comparison and a bit harder to store safely and with quick access.

A pump-action shotgun is safer for the average Joe for more reasons than just not accidentally shooting the neighbors when you inevitably miss, and I'd count "unwieldiness" as one of them, as it encourages having a plan, including properly aiming the thing, rather than fantasies about running around with laser sights and springing from behind corners and so forth.

What? You don't think spray and pray qualifies as having a plan?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1734 on: June 29, 2010, 09:25:19 AM »
I know Matt Taibbi hasn't been a favorite round these parts, but I enjoyed his latest bile-soaked rant about lapdog reporters.

QuoteAs to this whole "unspoken agreement" business: the reason Lara Logan thinks this is because she's like pretty much every other "reputable" journalist in this country, in that she suffers from a profound confusion about who she's supposed to be working for. I know this from my years covering presidential campaigns, where the same dynamic applies. Hey, assholes: you do not work for the people you're covering! Jesus, is this concept that fucking hard? On the campaign trail, I watch reporters nod solemnly as they hear about the hundreds of millions of dollars candidates X and Y and Z collect from the likes of Citigroup and Raytheon and Archer Daniels Midland, and it blows my mind that they never seem to connect the dots and grasp where all that money is going. The answer, you idiots, is that it's buying advertising! People like George Bush, John McCain, Barack Obama, and General McChrystal for that matter, they can afford to buy their own P.R. — and they do, in ways both honest and dishonest, visible and invisible.

They don't need your help, and you're giving it to them anyway, because you just want to be part of the club so so badly. Disgustingly, that's really what it comes down to. Most of these reporters just want to be inside the ropeline so badly, they want to be able to say they had that beer with Hillary Clinton in a bowling alley in Scranton or whatever, that it colors their whole worldview.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1735 on: June 29, 2010, 09:33:26 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 29, 2010, 09:25:19 AM
I know Matt Taibbi hasn't been a favorite round these parts, but I enjoyed his latest bile-soaked rant about lapdog reporters.

QuoteAs to this whole "unspoken agreement" business: the reason Lara Logan thinks this is because she's like pretty much every other "reputable" journalist in this country, in that she suffers from a profound confusion about who she's supposed to be working for. I know this from my years covering presidential campaigns, where the same dynamic applies. Hey, assholes: you do not work for the people you're covering! Jesus, is this concept that fucking hard? On the campaign trail, I watch reporters nod solemnly as they hear about the hundreds of millions of dollars candidates X and Y and Z collect from the likes of Citigroup and Raytheon and Archer Daniels Midland, and it blows my mind that they never seem to connect the dots and grasp where all that money is going. The answer, you idiots, is that it's buying advertising! People like George Bush, John McCain, Barack Obama, and General McChrystal for that matter, they can afford to buy their own P.R. — and they do, in ways both honest and dishonest, visible and invisible.

They don't need your help, and you're giving it to them anyway, because you just want to be part of the club so so badly. Disgustingly, that's really what it comes down to. Most of these reporters just want to be inside the ropeline so badly, they want to be able to say they had that beer with Hillary Clinton in a bowling alley in Scranton or whatever, that it colors their whole worldview.

I've had that dream. That frightening, terrible dream.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1736 on: June 29, 2010, 09:39:27 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 29, 2010, 09:25:19 AM

All of this is b.s. Only Fox News does this. Everybody else is ont eh level.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1737 on: June 29, 2010, 10:49:10 AM »
Matt Taibbi's takedown off Lara Logan is fantastic.

QuoteWhen I first heard her say that, I thought to myself, "That has to be a joke. It's sarcasm, right?" But then I went back and replayed the clip – no sarcasm! She meant it! If I'm hearing [Lara] Logan correctly, what Hastings is supposed to have done in that situation is interrupt these drunken assholes and say, "Excuse me, fellas, I know we're all having fun and all, but you're saying things that may not be in your best interest! As a reporter, it is my duty to inform you that you may end up looking like insubordinate douche bags in front of two million Rolling Stone readers if you don't shut your mouths this very instant!" I mean, where did Logan go to journalism school – the Burson-Marsteller agency?

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/matt-taibbi/blogs/TaibbiData_May2010/122137/83512

Fuck the mainstream media.  Cowards, all of them.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1738 on: June 29, 2010, 10:56:23 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 29, 2010, 10:49:10 AM

QuoteWhen I first heard her say that, I thought to myself, "That has to be a joke. It's sarcasm, right?" But then I went back and replayed the clip – no sarcasm! She meant it! If I'm hearing [Lara] Logan correctly, what Hastings is supposed to have done in that situation is interrupt these drunken assholes and say, "Excuse me, fellas, I know we're all having fun and all, but you're saying things that may not be in your best interest! As a reporter, it is my duty to inform you that you may end up looking like insubordinate douche bags in front of two million Rolling Stone readers if you don't shut your mouths this very instant!" I mean, where did Logan go to journalism school – the Burson-Marsteller agency?

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/matt-taibbi/blogs/TaibbiData_May2010/122137/83512

Would you like some crackers for your FACESOUP?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1739 on: June 29, 2010, 11:07:53 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 29, 2010, 10:56:23 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 29, 2010, 10:49:10 AM

Would you like some crackers for your FACESOUP?

Oyster crackers please.

Fuck.