News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,894 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #2386 on: September 15, 2010, 03:04:02 PM »

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2387 on: September 15, 2010, 03:08:17 PM »
DPD, feel free to ignore this as the following post is a bit wonky, but I wanted to bring everyone's attention to what has been one of my biggest hobby-horses while I've been with the Board.  As Pen has been informed, we often have to take phone calls from citizens who do not know what their rights are under federal labor law.  Since 2000, the current chairman of the NLRB has advocated a regulatory requirement that employers post a notice informing employees of their rights under the National Labor Relations Act, akin to the minimum wage notice, OSHA poster, etc.  Well, while that process is currently underway, the President has signed an executive order mandating a posting of this type of notice with employers who have contracts or conduct business with the federal government.

Here is the link in case anyone is interested; I think this is an incredible step not in terms of policy, but simply in terms of informing employees and citizens of their rights.

/nerdwonk.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2388 on: September 15, 2010, 03:30:14 PM »
On O'Donnell...

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/christine-o-donnell-delaware-091510

QuoteShe is what politics produces when you divorce politics from government. She is what you get when you sell to the country that nothing government can do will help, and that the government is an alien thing, and that politics is nothing more than the active public display of impotent grievance.

She is what politics produces when you turn them into a game show and the coverage of them over to a generation of high-technology racetrack touts. She is what you get when political journalism reduces politics to numbers on a scoreboard, divorcing them from the real world consequences of what are increasingly seen as cute little eccentric decisions.

She is what politics produces when we abandon self-government for self-gratification. And that's the real obvious irony in her victory on Tuesday night, and the only thing about it that truly matters. Christine O'Donnell's campaign is a successful exercise in angry, misfit masturbation, with as little to do with the deadly problems this country faces as some guy wanking in the balcony of a grindhouse has to do with Romeo and Juliet.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2389 on: September 15, 2010, 03:36:19 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 15, 2010, 03:30:14 PM
On O'Donnell...

QuoteShe is what politics produces when you divorce politics from government. She is what you get when you sell to the country that nothing government can do will help, and that the government is an alien thing, and that politics is nothing more than the active public display of impotent grievance.

She is what politics produces when you turn them into a game show and the coverage of them over to a generation of high-technology racetrack touts. She is what you get when political journalism reduces politics to numbers on a scoreboard, divorcing them from the real world consequences of what are increasingly seen as cute little eccentric decisions.

She is what politics produces when we abandon self-government for self-gratification. And that's the real obvious irony in her victory on Tuesday night, and the only thing about it that truly matters. Christine O'Donnell's campaign is a successful exercise in angry, misfit masturbation, with as little to do with the deadly problems this country faces as some guy wanking in the balcony of a grindhouse has to do with Romeo and Juliet.

Man, talk about asshurt.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2390 on: September 15, 2010, 03:47:58 PM »
Quote from: CT III on September 15, 2010, 03:36:19 PM
On O'Donnell...

Man, talk about asshurt.

I think asshurt has jumped the shark.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2391 on: September 15, 2010, 03:49:27 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 15, 2010, 03:47:58 PM
On O'Donnell...

Man, talk about asshurt.

When did you get so asshurt about people saying "asshurt"?
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2392 on: September 15, 2010, 04:00:13 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on September 15, 2010, 03:49:27 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 15, 2010, 03:47:58 PM
On O'Donnell...

Man, talk about asshurt.

When did you get so asshurt about people saying "asshurt"?

TEC's asshurtedness about Gil's asshurtedness about the existence of asshurtedness makes me asshurt.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2393 on: September 15, 2010, 04:12:02 PM »
On O'Donnell...

God damnit. Politics is ruined for everybody. Gone are the astute, hard-working pragmatists of yesteryear. And by yesteryear, I mean ... 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2394 on: September 15, 2010, 04:16:38 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 04:12:02 PM
On O'Donnell...

God damnit. Politics is ruined for everybody. Gone are the astute, hard-working pragmatists of yesteryear. And by yesteryear, I mean ... 

never?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2395 on: September 15, 2010, 04:19:30 PM »
Sean Hannity must really be a schmuck to have made Karl Rove look reasonable.  

The GOP is going so far off the deep end, it's making the nomination of McGovern in '72 look downright moderate by comparison.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2396 on: September 15, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 15, 2010, 04:19:30 PM

The GOP is going so far off the deep end, it's making the nomination of McGovern in '72 look downright moderate by comparison.

It's true. I think Daniels would help the party return to the outskirts of credibility. But I don't know if he's electable by their standards. I mean, think about it. Has he ever killed anybody? Or even attempted to?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2397 on: September 15, 2010, 04:46:41 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 04:12:02 PM
On O'Donnell...

I think you highlighted the wrong paragraph to illustrate that particular asshurtedness. I think the graf you were looking for was this one:

The paragraph you quoted was bemoaning the way our media ignores substance and policy and reduces their coverage of the governance of our nation to he-said-she-said vapidness and horse race journalism. (Because policy is complicated and it's tough finding people with informed enough understanding of its ins and out to actually talk about its effects, and who really cares about that boring shit anyways?)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2398 on: September 15, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »
On O'Donnell...

The good thing about O'Donnell is that she has brought masturbation out in the open.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2399 on: September 15, 2010, 06:07:55 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 04:22:26 PM
Quote from: PANK! on September 15, 2010, 04:19:30 PM

It's true. I think Daniels would help the party return to the outskirts of credibility. But I don't know if he's electable by their standards. I mean, think about it. Has he ever killed anybody? Or even attempted to?

Has he even masturbated in public?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)