News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,919 )

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #2415 on: September 21, 2010, 05:05:02 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 21, 2010, 05:02:09 PM
Quote from: powen01 on September 21, 2010, 04:45:58 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 21, 2010, 04:34:29 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 21, 2010, 04:32:40 PM
Quote from: powen01 on September 21, 2010, 04:28:58 PM
Fuck these goddamn gutless fucking assholes too.

These dick wringers have a majority, and the one piece of action that doesn't require a massive investment of my tax money gets put off because they are a bunch of gutless fucking dickwads.  Fuck you Democratic Party.  

Actually, blame the Senate in general.

And the Republicans who filibustered.

Actually... Mostly the latter.

I reserve a hearty go fuck yourselves for those dipshits too; but the supposedly filibuster proof majority party that found a way to push through a massive healthcare bill?  No, they get the biggest fuck you of them all... this just needed a straight up/down vote, not the bloating it was loaded down with so they could avoid the actual vote and then blame it on Republicans.  They have the majority and no excuse.  To blame this on Republicans is gutless.  They could have done this without them.

Because the health care was a spending bill, it went through the reconciliation, no?  In other words, they passed the base bill and then passed the amendments that were not eligible for a filibuster.

This bill is all about the Republicans.  Lincoln and Pryor wanted to save their hides (or at least make them look more attractive to the fucking hayseeds in AR) and saw they wouldn't have gotten to 60 anyway.  Remember, there is no longer a 60-vote majority thanks to the gutless bitch from Mass.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  This shit also grinds my gears...

If the Democrats and/or Obama had any balls, we'd have at least a public option right now.

Just... just tell me who to fucking hate on right now.  I've got a lot to give. 

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2416 on: September 21, 2010, 05:05:50 PM »
They have the majority and no excuse.  To blame this on Republicans is gutless.  They could have done this without them.

Explain your math.

There are 57 Dems in the Senate plus 2 independents who caucus with them. That makes 59. They need 60 to break a filibuster.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2417 on: September 21, 2010, 05:12:02 PM »

These dick wringers have a majority, and the one piece of action that doesn't require a massive investment of my tax money gets put off because they are a bunch of gutless fucking dickwads.  Fuck you Democratic Party.  

I reserve a hearty go fuck yourselves for those dipshits too; but the supposedly filibuster proof majority party that found a way to push through a massive healthcare bill?  No, they get the biggest fuck you of them all... this just needed a straight up/down vote, not the bloating it was loaded down with so they could avoid the actual vote and then blame it on Republicans.  They have the majority and no excuse.  To blame this on Republicans is gutless.  They could have done this without them.

Because the health care was a spending bill, it went through the reconciliation, no?  In other words, they passed the base bill and then passed the amendments that were not eligible for a filibuster.

This bill is all about the Republicans.  Lincoln and Pryor wanted to save their hides (or at least make them look more attractive to the fucking hayseeds in AR) and saw they wouldn't have gotten to 60 anyway.  Remember, there is no longer a 60-vote majority thanks to the gutless bitch from Mass.

If the Democrats and/or Obama had any balls, we'd have at least a public option right now.

Uh oh.  You just done rattled JD's cage, Oleg.  Nice going.  Jerk.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2418 on: September 21, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
On gutless fucking assholes and another part of the filibustered bill...

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/dream-act-2010

QuoteHis name was Reyes, well-liked, a great soldier, and "squared the fuck away," as we'd often say in the Army. Our S.A.W. gunner, he would return enemy fire beautifully — and not much is beautiful about the Iraq war. We trusted him with our lives. And you know what changed when we discovered that he was a citizen of Peru instead of the United States? Absolutely nothing.

My infantry platoon had guys from all over the country — we looked like a recruitment ad that screamed diversity — so I had no idea that foreign citizens fought alongside us. Nor did I know that such a thing was possible. But it didn't bother me, and I actually thought it was incredible that Reyes would risk life and limb for a country that wasn't officially his.

No, what bothered me was that serving with our flag on his shoulder didn't guarantee Reyes citizenship upon honorable discharge; it merely helped his chances. He had committed to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic," but the United States would not commit to him.

You'd think that joining the military would essentially flick the naturalization switch from "safe" to "semi," meaning that he'd be good to go, but sadly that's not the case... yet.

Last week Harry Reid announced that he will insert the DREAM (Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors) Act into a defense authorization bill, granting permanent residency to young undocumented immigrants who honorably serve in the armed forces for two years. This infuriated Republicans, including John McCain, who called it "onerous" and "a pure political act" despite co-sponsoring the same bill in 2005, 2006, and 2007. (Colin Powell, still technically a Republican, approves of the proposal.)

McCain has obvious political considerations — he's up for reelection in a state hostile to immigration — but this flip-flop seems especially cynical. It blows my mind that he would threaten to block this reform. Foreign citizens have always participated in our nation's defense, sometimes when Americans were scared to send their own children. And who in the hell would want to join the military now? No one knows if Afghanistan is winnable, and we're going to be stuck in Iraq for years despite the official end of combat operations. (Why hasn't my victory parade invitation arrived in the mail?)

And besides, you can make at least triple the money as a civilian contractor. What's the fucking point?

Still, we desperately need more troops, and there's nothing more patriotic than willingness to fight and die in the hope of becoming a citizen. Immigrants are willing to work all the shitty, low-paying, demeaning jobs that most lazy Americans feel is beneath them. But military service isn't janitorial work — it's not beneath anyone — and if our lazy citizens aren't willing to serve their own country, then the honor should go to people who actually deserve to wear the uniform.

Reyes eventually became a U.S. citizen, but would've faced a legal nightmare if his application had been denied. And there's no good reason that a soldier like him should have to go through hell again.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2419 on: September 21, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »

This is the political equivalent of DA FYIRE AND DA PASHION arguments from the meatheads.  That if Obama had yelled louder, had twisted more arms, had cajoled somemore, there would be a public option.

First of all, he was never wedded it to it (for good reason, because it would have eroded private insurance entirely).  Second, the Democratic Party has several constituencies; there are several conservative Democrats in the Party. 

He got the best bill he could get out of the Senate.  Simple as that.

I think his record thus far in terms of legislative achievement is nothing short of extraordinary.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2420 on: September 21, 2010, 05:51:16 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 21, 2010, 05:43:58 PM

This is the political equivalent of DA FYIRE AND DA PASHION arguments from the meatheads.  That if Obama had yelled louder, had twisted more arms, had cajoled somemore, there would be a public option.

First of all, he was never wedded it to it (for good reason, because it would have eroded private insurance entirely).  Second, the Democratic Party has several constituencies; there are several conservative Democrats in the Party. 

I think his record thus far in terms of legislative achievement is nothing short of extraordinary.

Musta been hard to type that with his giant Kenyan dong blocking your view of the screen.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2421 on: September 21, 2010, 06:11:34 PM »

Bullshit.  He campaigned on a public option.  He could have easily marched into Nelson's and Lincoln's office and told them to get with the program or else they face a Democratic challenge in the primaries.  No yelling involved.

They pandered to their constituencies and they're going to end up losing anyway.  Fuck 'em.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2422 on: September 21, 2010, 06:12:39 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2010, 05:51:16 PM

Musta been hard to type that with his giant Kenyan dong blocking your view of the screen.

I wasn't passing judgment on whether or not he got the best bills possible out of Congress.  In terms of sheer numbers alone, with the stimulus, it's a pretty impressive track record.

LBJ would blanch at that record.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2423 on: September 21, 2010, 06:13:33 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 21, 2010, 06:11:34 PM

Bullshit.  He campaigned on a public option.  He could have easily marched into Nelson's and Lincoln's office and told them to get with the program or else they face a Democratic challenge in the primaries.  No yelling involved.

They pandered to their constituencies and they're going to end up losing anyway.  Fuck 'em.

Yeah, how'd that work out for Blanche?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2424 on: September 21, 2010, 06:21:12 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 21, 2010, 05:12:02 PM

I reserve a hearty go fuck yourselves for those dipshits too; but the supposedly filibuster proof majority party that found a way to push through a massive healthcare bill?  No, they get the biggest fuck you of them all... this just needed a straight up/down vote, not the bloating it was loaded down with so they could avoid the actual vote and then blame it on Republicans.  They have the majority and no excuse.  To blame this on Republicans is gutless.  They could have done this without them.

Because the health care was a spending bill, it went through the reconciliation, no?  In other words, they passed the base bill and then passed the amendments that were not eligible for a filibuster.

This bill is all about the Republicans.  Lincoln and Pryor wanted to save their hides (or at least make them look more attractive to the fucking hayseeds in AR) and saw they wouldn't have gotten to 60 anyway.  Remember, there is no longer a 60-vote majority thanks to the gutless bitch from Mass.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  This shit also grinds my gears...

Uh oh.  You just done rattled JD's cage, Oleg.  Nice going.  Jerk.

He knows I meant the other hayseeds.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2425 on: September 21, 2010, 06:27:50 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2010, 05:51:16 PM
Musta been hard to type that with his giant Kenyan anti-colonialist dong blocking your view of the screen.

Son of a Luo tribesman'd

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2426 on: September 21, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 21, 2010, 06:11:34 PM

I know it's hackneyed to say it, but sometimes you cannot let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #2427 on: September 21, 2010, 07:41:06 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 21, 2010, 05:05:50 PM
They have the majority and no excuse.  To blame this on Republicans is gutless.  They could have done this without them.

Explain your math.

There are 57 Dems in the Senate plus 2 independents who caucus with them. That makes 59. They need 60 to break a filibuster.

My math is WRONG.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2428 on: September 21, 2010, 07:55:21 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on September 21, 2010, 07:41:06 PM

Explain your math.

My math is WRONG.

That explains it!

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #2429 on: September 21, 2010, 10:02:40 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 21, 2010, 07:55:21 PM
Quote from: powen01 on September 21, 2010, 07:41:06 PM

Explain your math.

My math is WRONG.

That explains it!

Now I am just mad at myself.