News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,912 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #2445 on: September 22, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on September 22, 2010, 07:31:37 PM
Quote from: Slaky on September 22, 2010, 12:43:09 PM
Quote from: Fork on September 22, 2010, 12:33:06 PM
Quote from: Slaky on September 22, 2010, 12:23:10 PM
Quick aside: I get emails from the Democratic Party. I should unsubscribe instead of just deleting them. Today's came from "Tim Kaine". He says that the Republicans are throwing a fit and are threatening to shut down government. Instead of inspiring me to act now and help fight these people, these emails have inspired me to give even less of a shit than I did before the election in 2008. That's hard to do. But honestly, American politics is devolving to the point where I just don't give a shit anymore. In fact I almost want to see some crazy shit go down. Let's get Beck/Palin into office in 2012 and make this country the Tourist Attraction everyone already thinks it is. Finish it off. A flag in every yard and a dead immigrant on every corner. AMERICA.

While we could romanticize the role of the Jester as one who speaks truth to power, the fact is that it's a pretty rotten kettle of fish when the voice calling for a reasonable, intelligent tone of discourse is Jon Fucking Stewart.

And sorry, but the hardcore right wingers (not people like Morph and TJ who I consider to be actual human beings) aren't listening to anything. They're just scary and angry. Democrats? Worthless pussies. All of them. All the snark and comedy is great for a laugh but there's no organization there.

Whoa, look at the crazy tea partiers! They're never going to win anything! I don't know about that. There's some pretty riled up people in that group and they're loud. Maybe I'm just distracted by the noise but I think they should probably be taken seriously.

These comments are so right that, if they could, they would jam a bunch of stuff into everyone's butt, and then rape everyone so hard the room would stink.

This. I've been legal to vote for 4 years and I'm already well south of apathetic about the whole process. This country is boned.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2446 on: September 22, 2010, 08:08:04 PM »
Quick aside: I get emails from the Democratic Party. I should unsubscribe instead of just deleting them. Today's came from "Tim Kaine". He says that the Republicans are throwing a fit and are threatening to shut down government. Instead of inspiring me to act now and help fight these people, these emails have inspired me to give even less of a shit than I did before the election in 2008. That's hard to do. But honestly, American politics is devolving to the point where I just don't give a shit anymore. In fact I almost want to see some crazy shit go down. Let's get Beck/Palin into office in 2012 and make this country the Tourist Attraction everyone already thinks it is. Finish it off. A flag in every yard and a dead immigrant on every corner. AMERICA.

While we could romanticize the role of the Jester as one who speaks truth to power, the fact is that it's a pretty rotten kettle of fish when the voice calling for a reasonable, intelligent tone of discourse is Jon Fucking Stewart.

And sorry, but the hardcore right wingers (not people like Morph and TJ who I consider to be actual human beings) aren't listening to anything. They're just scary and angry. Democrats? Worthless pussies. All of them. All the snark and comedy is great for a laugh but there's no organization there.

Whoa, look at the crazy tea partiers! They're never going to win anything! I don't know about that. There's some pretty riled up people in that group and they're loud. Maybe I'm just distracted by the noise but I think they should probably be taken seriously.

So very much this.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2447 on: September 23, 2010, 08:28:52 AM »

The Pledge To America. Long on rhetoric, short on specifics.

And nothing about earmarks...the entire document will be up in a little while, but if all they have about health care reform is "repeal", they just gave the Dems a lot of nice red meat to chew on (the GOP will take your insurance away!). It's almost as if they don't want to gain the majority.

All ideology aside, we're really boned this time around...we've either got Nancy Pelosi or John Boehner holding the gavel in January. Which means both parties will continue spending money like it's going to spoil.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2448 on: September 23, 2010, 08:32:51 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on September 22, 2010, 07:31:37 PM

These comments are so right that, if they could, they would jam a bunch of stuff into everyone's butt, and then rape everyone so hard the room would stink.

Big Ben is taking notes

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2449 on: September 23, 2010, 08:44:59 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 23, 2010, 08:28:52 AM

And nothing about earmarks...the entire document will be up in a little while, but if all they have about health care reform is "repeal", they just gave the Dems a lot of nice red meat to chew on (the GOP will take your insurance away!). It's almost as if they don't want to gain the majority.

All ideology aside, we're really boned this time around...we've either got Nancy Pelosi or John Boehner holding the gavel in January. Which means both parties will continue spending money like it's going to spoil.

Oh, they do.  They want the perks of power (including cash from lobbyists).  Just don't ask them to govern smartly.

But that goes for the Dems, too.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2450 on: September 23, 2010, 08:51:31 AM »

QuoteA GOP lawmaker involved in putting together the document said House Republicans realize that voters are angry with both Democrats and Republicans. The agenda contained in the "Pledge to America" is intended to convince such voters that their concerns are taken seriously by Republicans, who will act differently if returned to power than they did when controlling Congress during parts of the Bush administration, the legislator said.

Yeah right.

Although, the Dems pretty much suck as well.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2451 on: September 23, 2010, 08:54:51 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 23, 2010, 08:44:59 AM

Oh, they do.  They want the perks of power (including cash from lobbyists).  Just don't ask them to govern smartly.

This is has been going on since anyone alive can remember. Neither side is good at governing. Back to sleep.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2452 on: September 23, 2010, 09:04:06 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 23, 2010, 08:54:51 AM

This is has been going on since anyone alive can remember. Neither side is good at governing. Back to sleep.

When I was falling asleep last night watching Kolchak, the Night Stalker, I had a thought about the upcoming elections.  Maybe the Dems should lose control of both houses.  It'll allow Obama to natually pivot against the GOP (especially Boehner, who, while good, is not in Obama's league) and allow the GOP to be tagged with the sagging economy going forward.

Just a thought.

Also, I didn't think it was possible for the GOP to come up with a "contract" that was entirely lacking in specifics and may not even be a collection of poll tested bromides, but sure enough, they did it.  I believe in 94, exit polls (take them for what they're worth) indicated that about 70% of voters didn't care or know about the Contract with America, while those that had didn't let it influence their vote.

The generic congressional ballot is tightening of late (which doesn't reveal that much), so this is going to be a close election.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2453 on: September 23, 2010, 09:05:52 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 23, 2010, 09:04:06 AM

When I was falling asleep last night watching Kolchak, the Night Stalker, I had a thought about the upcoming elections.  Maybe the Dems should lose control of both houses.  It'll allow Obama to natually pivot against the GOP (especially Boehner, who, while good, is not in Obama's league) and allow the GOP to be tagged with the sagging economy going forward.

Just a thought.

Also, I didn't think it was possible for the GOP to come up with a "contract" that was entirely lacking in specifics and may not even be a collection of poll tested bromides, but sure enough, they did it.  I believe in 94, exit polls (take them for what they're worth) indicated that about 70% of voters didn't care or know about the Contract with America, while those that had didn't let it influence their vote.

The generic congressional ballot is tightening of late (which doesn't reveal that much), so this is going to be a close election.

I don't think that'll work. The average moran doesn't blame congress for anything. I mean, he knows he hates congress, but he's still going to blame the president. I can't find a link, but I remember hearing during the 2008 election that somewhere north of 50% of voters had no idea which party was in control of congress at the time.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2454 on: September 23, 2010, 09:06:45 AM »

Just a thought.

What the fuck?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2455 on: September 23, 2010, 09:07:23 AM »

Just a thought.

Who in the fuck, other than maybe Obama and a bunch of GOP mouthbreathers would beneift from your bright idea, Gil?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2456 on: September 23, 2010, 09:08:29 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 23, 2010, 09:07:23 AM

Just a thought.

Who in the fuck, other than maybe Obama and a bunch of GOP mouthbreathers would beneift from your bright idea, Gil?

It was just an idea.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2457 on: September 23, 2010, 09:09:40 AM »
Gil, stick to writing Voyager fanfic, and leave the political speculation to experts like MikeC, please.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2458 on: September 23, 2010, 09:11:02 AM »
DPD, but since most, if not all, of these solutions from the new GOP contract came from the America Speaking Out site, I think it's interesting that they are ignoring the second most popular recommendation on there.

QuoteThe second most popular item on the "job creation" section of America Speaking out was the user-submitted idea to "Stop the outsourcing of jobs from America to other countries that do not pay taxes into the U.S. and stop the tax breaks that are given to these companies that are outsourcing."

http://www.americaspeakingout.com/browse/questions/in/job-creation

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2459 on: September 23, 2010, 09:11:38 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 23, 2010, 09:09:40 AM
Gil, stick to writing Voyager fanfic, and leave the political speculation to experts like MikeC, please.

I'll just go back into my cave and finish my writings on cloture and jury nullification.