News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,914 )

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #2520 on: September 28, 2010, 09:31:07 PM »

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2521 on: September 29, 2010, 09:35:45 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 28, 2010, 05:05:46 PM
Fuck Pat Leahy and Orrin Hatch in their respective pee-holes...

http://demandprogress.org/blacklist/coica

QuoteWhat bill are we talking about?

It's S. 3804, the Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA), introduced by Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) and Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT). It's currently being considered by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

What exactly does it do?

The bill creates two blacklists of Internet domain names. The first can be added to by a court, the second by the Attorney General. Internet service providers (everyone from Comcast to PayPal to Google AdSense) would be required to block any domains on the first list. They would also receive immunity (and presumably the government's gratitude) for blocking domains on the second list.

What kind of domains can go on the list?

The list is for domains "dedicated to infringing activity," which is defined very broadly — any site where counterfeit goods or copyrighted material are "central to the activity of the Internet site" would be blocked.

Bipartisan THI!
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2522 on: September 29, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »
Dammit. I was really looking forward to the next video dropping...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/29/okeefe.cnn.prank/

QuoteLusby, Maryland (CNN) -- A conservative activist known for making undercover videos plotted to embarrass a CNN correspondent by recording a meeting on hidden cameras aboard a floating "palace of pleasure" and making sexually suggestive comments, e-mails and a planning document show.

James O'Keefe, best known for hitting the community organizing group ACORN with an undercover video sting, hoped to get CNN Investigative Correspondent Abbie Boudreau onto a boat filled with sexually explicit props and then record the session, those documents show.

The plan apparently was thwarted after Boudreau was warned minutes before it was supposed to happen.

"I never intended to become part of the story," Boudreau said. "But things suddenly took a very strange turn."

According to the document, O'Keefe was to record a video of the following script before Boudreau arrived: "My name is James. I work in video activism and journalism. I've been approached by CNN for an interview where I know what their angle is: they want to portray me and my friends as crazies, as non-journalists, as unprofessional and likely as homophobes, racists or bigots of some sort....

"Instead, I've decided to have a little fun. Instead of giving her a serious interview, I'm going to punk CNN. Abbie has been trying to seduce me to use me, in order to spin a lie about me. So, I'm going to seduce her, on camera, to use her for a video. This bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who comes on at five will get a taste of her own medicine, she'll get seduced on camera and you'll get to see the awkwardness and the aftermath.

"Please sit back and enjoy the show."

Burns did not respond to CNN. The "CNN Caper" document warned O'Keefe about how to handle potential problems.

"If CNN gets advance warning and you find this out, you should simply cancel the operation, period," the document states. "You're in a position of strength. Make her [Boudreau] come to you. To leave the boat kills the operation."

The document discusses the potential fallout from the operation.

"If they pursue this as you are a creep, you should play it up with them initially only to reveal that the tape was made beforehand confirming this was a gag," the document states. "If they [CNN] admit it was a gag, you should release the footage and focus on the fact they got punked, and make sure to emphasize Abbie's name and overall status to help burden her career with this video, incident and her bad judgment in pursuing you so aggressively."

Finally, "if they go on the attack, you should point out the hypocrisy in CNN using the inherent sexuality of these women to sell viewers and for ratings, passing up more esteemed and respectable journalists who aren't bubble-headed bleach blondes and keep the focus on CNN."

These guys are real winners.

Via: http://gawker.com/5651120/james-okeefe-tried-to-trap-hot-blonde-reporter-in-palace-of-pleasure
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2523 on: September 30, 2010, 08:17:21 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 29, 2010, 06:59:29 PM

QuoteLusby, Maryland (CNN) -- A conservative activist known for making undercover videos plotted to embarrass a CNN correspondent by recording a meeting on hidden cameras aboard a floating "palace of pleasure" and making sexually suggestive comments, e-mails and a planning document show.

James O'Keefe, best known for hitting the community organizing group ACORN with an undercover video sting, hoped to get CNN Investigative Correspondent Abbie Boudreau onto a boat filled with sexually explicit props and then record the session, those documents show.

The plan apparently was thwarted after Boudreau was warned minutes before it was supposed to happen.

"I never intended to become part of the story," Boudreau said. "But things suddenly took a very strange turn."

According to the document, O'Keefe was to record a video of the following script before Boudreau arrived: "My name is James. I work in video activism and journalism. I've been approached by CNN for an interview where I know what their angle is: they want to portray me and my friends as crazies, as non-journalists, as unprofessional and likely as homophobes, racists or bigots of some sort....

"Instead, I've decided to have a little fun. Instead of giving her a serious interview, I'm going to punk CNN. Abbie has been trying to seduce me to use me, in order to spin a lie about me. So, I'm going to seduce her, on camera, to use her for a video. This bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who comes on at five will get a taste of her own medicine, she'll get seduced on camera and you'll get to see the awkwardness and the aftermath.

Burns did not respond to CNN. The "CNN Caper" document warned O'Keefe about how to handle potential problems.

"If CNN gets advance warning and you find this out, you should simply cancel the operation, period," the document states. "You're in a position of strength. Make her [Boudreau] come to you. To leave the boat kills the operation."

"If they pursue this as you are a creep, you should play it up with them initially only to reveal that the tape was made beforehand confirming this was a gag," the document states. "If they [CNN] admit it was a gag, you should release the footage and focus on the fact they got punked, and make sure to emphasize Abbie's name and overall status to help burden her career with this video, incident and her bad judgment in pursuing you so aggressively."

Finally, "if they go on the attack, you should point out the hypocrisy in CNN using the inherent sexuality of these women to sell viewers and for ratings, passing up more esteemed and respectable journalists who aren't bubble-headed bleach blondes and keep the focus on CNN."

Via: http://gawker.com/5651120/james-okeefe-tried-to-trap-hot-blonde-reporter-in-palace-of-pleasure

I always thought if this place as a sort of Palace of Pleasure.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2524 on: September 30, 2010, 08:36:37 AM »
Hey, here's some political talk I think we can all agree on!  http://www.uncoached.com/2010/09/27/15-hot-female-politicians-from-around-the-world/

As an example, here's the lovely Emma Kiernan of Ireland:

Quote*notice that zero are from the USA
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2525 on: September 30, 2010, 08:40:26 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 30, 2010, 08:36:37 AM
Hey, here's some political talk I think we can all agree on!  http://www.uncoached.com/2010/09/27/15-hot-female-politicians-from-around-the-world/

As an example, here's the lovely Emma Kiernan of Ireland:

Quote*notice that zero are from the USA

BONER

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2526 on: September 30, 2010, 08:53:42 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 30, 2010, 08:17:21 AM

What?  What would happen if this place were a Palace of Pleasure?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2527 on: September 30, 2010, 09:05:06 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 30, 2010, 08:53:42 AM
Quote from: Oleg on September 30, 2010, 08:17:21 AM

What?  What would happen if this place were a Palace of Pleasure?

Just notice that we have zero Marvin Gaye threads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2528 on: September 30, 2010, 09:40:40 AM »
My McAfee Site Advisor just popped up and told me that "We tested this site and didn't find any significant problems."  I think that they aren't trying hard enough, or perhaps aren't paying attention.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2529 on: October 01, 2010, 09:20:26 AM »
This might be one of those things America might have to apologize for.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39456324/ns/health-sexual_health/?ocid=twitter

I eagerly await Mitt Romney's full-throated defense of these experiments in the guise of American exceptionalism.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2530 on: October 04, 2010, 12:10:10 PM »
DPD, but as Thrill noted, a glimpse into the coming libertarian utopia: http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/Firefighters-watch-as-home-burns-to-the-ground-104052668.html

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2531 on: October 04, 2010, 12:36:10 PM »
I'm not sure why the FD wouldn't allow a non-buyer of the service a chance to pay a premium (several thousand dollars, I'm sure) to put out the fire, but...

I don't see what the problem here is. The guy didn't want fire protection (or at least to pay for it). Other people did. Those that did were protected. They live outside the city. Lower taxes. Fewer services.

People shouldn't be forced to make a choice most of us reasonably say is the correct one. But consequences of a poor decision can be a cruel bitch.

More on the "evil" fucking fire department that offered a service it didn't have to...

QuoteFire call
The fire that sparked the controversy apparently broke out about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at Gene Cranick's property on Buddy Jones Road, located outside the city limits of South Fulton.
Vowell explained that the property owner was not a paying member of the rural fire subscription service offered to county residents by the City of South Fulton. He said as per city policy, established by city ordinance, the call was declined and the city's fire department could not respond.
"I have no problem with the way any of my people handled the situation. They did what they were supposed to do," he said. "It's a regrettable situation any time something like this happens."
He said the South Fulton Fire Department did respond to a request to protect the property of the adjacent property owner, who is a member of the rural fire subscription service.
Vowell said county residents do not have guaranteed fire service since there is no countywide fire department to cover rural areas, but many municipalities offer rural fire coverage to residents in specified coverage areas for a nominal annual fee. South Fulton's fee is $75.
However, Vowell said residents in those rural areas cannot be forced to pay the fee and it's their decision whether to accept the coverage.
"We are a city fire department. We are responsible for the City of South Fulton and we offer a subscription (to rural residents). If they choose not to, we can't make them," he said.
He said Obion County government has been thoroughly studying rural fire protection and "has looked at it 100 different ways," with details of a proposal still being worked out. Ironically, the matter began to be discussed seriously just over two years ago following a similar situation where South Fulton firefighters could not respond to a rural call.
Rural service offered
South Fulton Mayor David Crocker said city officials don't want to see anyone's house burn, but he emphasized that South Fulton has a city fire department which is supported by city taxes in order to serve its residents — with a rural fire subscription service made available outside the city limits to county residents in the city's designated rural coverage area.
"We're very sorry their house burned," he said.
Mayor Crocker said if the fire department operated on a per-call basis outside the city, there would be no incentive for anyone to pay the rural fee. As an analogy, he said if an auto owner allowed their vehicle insurance to lapse, they would not expect an insurance company to pay for an unprotected vehicle after it was wrecked.
Vowell said people always think they will never be in a situation where they will need rural fire protection, but he said City of South Fulton personnel actually go above and beyond in trying to offer the service. He said the city mails out notices to customers in the specified rural coverage area, with coverage running from July 1 of one year to July 1 the next year.
At the end of the enrollment month of July, the city goes a step further and makes phone calls to rural residents who have not responded to the mail-out.
"These folks were called and notified," Vowell said. "I want to make sure everybody has the opportunity to get it and be aware it's available. It's been there for 20 years, but it's very important to follow up."
Mayor Crocker added, "It's my understanding with talking with the firefighters that these folks had received their bill and they had also contacted them by phone."
"My worst nightmare is that, for whatever reason, you don't respond to someone who isn't (a rural fire service member). That's why we're so diligent and adamant," Vowell said. "No one wants what happened yesterday. I don't want it, the fire department doesn't want it, the (city commission) doesn't want it."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2532 on: October 04, 2010, 12:38:39 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 04, 2010, 12:36:10 PM
I'm not sure why the FD wouldn't allow a non-buyer of the service a chance to pay a premium (several thousand dollars, I'm sure) to put out the fire, but...

I don't see what the problem here is. The guy didn't want fire protection (or at least to pay for it). Other people did. Those that did were protected. They live outside the city. Lower taxes. Fewer services.

People shouldn't be forced to make a choice most of us reasonably say is the correct one. But consequences of a poor decision can be a cruel bitch.

More on the "evil" fucking fire department that offered a service it didn't have to...

QuoteFire call
The fire that sparked the controversy apparently broke out about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at Gene Cranick's property on Buddy Jones Road, located outside the city limits of South Fulton.
Vowell explained that the property owner was not a paying member of the rural fire subscription service offered to county residents by the City of South Fulton. He said as per city policy, established by city ordinance, the call was declined and the city's fire department could not respond.
"I have no problem with the way any of my people handled the situation. They did what they were supposed to do," he said. "It's a regrettable situation any time something like this happens."
He said the South Fulton Fire Department did respond to a request to protect the property of the adjacent property owner, who is a member of the rural fire subscription service.
Vowell said county residents do not have guaranteed fire service since there is no countywide fire department to cover rural areas, but many municipalities offer rural fire coverage to residents in specified coverage areas for a nominal annual fee. South Fulton's fee is $75.
However, Vowell said residents in those rural areas cannot be forced to pay the fee and it's their decision whether to accept the coverage.
"We are a city fire department. We are responsible for the City of South Fulton and we offer a subscription (to rural residents). If they choose not to, we can't make them," he said.
He said Obion County government has been thoroughly studying rural fire protection and "has looked at it 100 different ways," with details of a proposal still being worked out. Ironically, the matter began to be discussed seriously just over two years ago following a similar situation where South Fulton firefighters could not respond to a rural call.
Rural service offered
South Fulton Mayor David Crocker said city officials don't want to see anyone's house burn, but he emphasized that South Fulton has a city fire department which is supported by city taxes in order to serve its residents — with a rural fire subscription service made available outside the city limits to county residents in the city's designated rural coverage area.
Mayor Crocker said if the fire department operated on a per-call basis outside the city, there would be no incentive for anyone to pay the rural fee. As an analogy, he said if an auto owner allowed their vehicle insurance to lapse, they would not expect an insurance company to pay for an unprotected vehicle after it was wrecked.
Vowell said people always think they will never be in a situation where they will need rural fire protection, but he said City of South Fulton personnel actually go above and beyond in trying to offer the service. He said the city mails out notices to customers in the specified rural coverage area, with coverage running from July 1 of one year to July 1 the next year.
At the end of the enrollment month of July, the city goes a step further and makes phone calls to rural residents who have not responded to the mail-out.
"These folks were called and notified," Vowell said. "I want to make sure everybody has the opportunity to get it and be aware it's available. It's been there for 20 years, but it's very important to follow up."
Mayor Crocker added, "It's my understanding with talking with the firefighters that these folks had received their bill and they had also contacted them by phone."
"My worst nightmare is that, for whatever reason, you don't respond to someone who isn't (a rural fire service member). That's why we're so diligent and adamant," Vowell said. "No one wants what happened yesterday. I don't want it, the fire department doesn't want it, the (city commission) doesn't want it."

Yeah. I agree. It sucks that there has to be a fee, but if you live in a town of 750 people like I do, there's no money for these things unless everybody's paying up. This guy gambled and he lost. Shit happens, but everyone else paid.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2533 on: October 04, 2010, 12:43:36 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 04, 2010, 12:36:10 PM

QuoteFire call
Rural service offered

I think my argument has more to do with basic fucking human decency, but that may just be me.

Fucking takers, amiright?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2534 on: October 04, 2010, 12:47:39 PM »
"Suppose my neighbor's home catches fire, and I have a length of garden hose four or five hundred feet away. If he can take my garden hose and connect it up with his hydrant, I may help him to put out his fire...I don't say to him before that operation, "Neighbor, my garden hose cost me $15; you have to pay me $15 for it."... I don't want $15--I want my garden hose back after the fire is over."

-the evil FDR, 1941.