News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,923 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #2745 on: October 19, 2010, 09:01:05 AM »
I got some Irish in me (||) somewhere. I bought House of Pain's first two albums but the third one is crap.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2746 on: October 19, 2010, 09:30:45 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2010, 08:38:49 AM
Quote from: PANK! on October 19, 2010, 08:34:22 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2010, 08:32:58 AM
Quote from: PANK! on October 19, 2010, 08:30:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2010, 08:25:19 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 19, 2010, 08:03:07 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 18, 2010, 02:42:20 PM
Quote from: Tonker on October 18, 2010, 10:48:54 AM
The Dropkick Murphys can [bodily function] my [part of the human anatomy].  Fucking plastic Micks.

... muttered the Plastic Jock sheepishly.

I wondered how long that would take.  I could get all defensive asshurt about it, but I won't.

Okay, I will.  My Mother is Scots, born and bred, and I lived in Scotland until the age of three at which stage my old man's job took us all away.  My folks live back in Scotland now, however, and you can ask any of my many, many cousins who still live in and around Glasgow how Scottish they think I am*.  Most of your Boston "Irish" couldn't pick Ireland out on a map of Ireland.

* the answer is, of course, "completely" - wise guy.

I'm Irish. I can blow up a British car with the best of them and I can hold my whiskey. Outside of that I don't really shout it from the rooftops like those chodes.

Pfft.  Scotch Irish doesn't even count, ya Downstate Presbytarian hilljackal.

I know, I have a long way to go if I hope to catch up with you as the stereotype for a fat, drunken, incoherent, and ill-tempered paddy.

You forgot papist.

Not your fault.   I blame your Appalachian ancestors.

That too. My great-grandmother, whose parents had just come over here and were Protestants, once told my mom as a little girl that she couldn't talk to the Catholic boy down the street because "Catholics are bad people and they will lie and hurt you."

When I learned as a kid from a Lutheran friend that Protestants and Catholics didn't get along I didn't quite get why.  Imagine my confusion  when I later learned that Polish Catholics and Italian Catholics had their issues.   There weren't any  Irish Catholics in my neighborhood.   I know that I would never be able to  make any sense out of everyone who hated them.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2747 on: October 19, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 19, 2010, 09:30:45 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2010, 08:38:49 AM
Quote from: PANK! on October 19, 2010, 08:34:22 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2010, 08:32:58 AM
Quote from: PANK! on October 19, 2010, 08:30:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2010, 08:25:19 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 19, 2010, 08:03:07 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 18, 2010, 02:42:20 PM
Quote from: Tonker on October 18, 2010, 10:48:54 AM
The Dropkick Murphys can [bodily function] my [part of the human anatomy].  Fucking plastic Micks.

... muttered the Plastic Jock sheepishly.

I wondered how long that would take.  I could get all defensive asshurt about it, but I won't.

Okay, I will.  My Mother is Scots, born and bred, and I lived in Scotland until the age of three at which stage my old man's job took us all away.  My folks live back in Scotland now, however, and you can ask any of my many, many cousins who still live in and around Glasgow how Scottish they think I am*.  Most of your Boston "Irish" couldn't pick Ireland out on a map of Ireland.

* the answer is, of course, "completely" - wise guy.

I'm Irish. I can blow up a British car with the best of them and I can hold my whiskey. Outside of that I don't really shout it from the rooftops like those chodes.

Pfft.  Scotch Irish doesn't even count, ya Downstate Presbytarian hilljackal.

I know, I have a long way to go if I hope to catch up with you as the stereotype for a fat, drunken, incoherent, and ill-tempered paddy.

You forgot papist.

Not your fault.   I blame your Appalachian ancestors.

That too. My great-grandmother, whose parents had just come over here and were Protestants, once told my mom as a little girl that she couldn't talk to the Catholic boy down the street because "Catholics are bad people and they will lie and hurt you."

When I learned as a kid from a Lutheran friend that Protestants and Catholics didn't get along I didn't quite get why.  Imagine my confusion  when I later learned that Polish Catholics and Italian Catholics had their issues.   There weren't any  Irish Catholics in my neighborhood.   I know that I would never be able to  make any sense out of everyone who hated them.

Yeah, well, at least they weren't Kikes. I mean, AMIRITE?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2748 on: October 19, 2010, 11:32:29 AM »
...aaaaaaand, two pages of racial slurs and ethnic generalisations later, my work here is done.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2749 on: October 19, 2010, 11:40:15 AM »
Christine O'Donnell, everybody!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gZ1QQxkvUw15IjhGIveoszz67aIA?docId=612ea91debdb4492bfb5af83baa68cc0

QuoteThe exchange came in a debate before an audience of legal scholars and law students at Widener University Law School, as O'Donnell criticized Democratic nominee Chris Coons' position that teaching creationism in public school would violate the First Amendment by promoting religious doctrine.

Coons said private and parochial schools are free to teach creationism but that "religious doctrine doesn't belong in our public schools."

"Where in the Constitution is the separation of church and state?" O'Donnell asked him.

When Coons responded that the First Amendment bars Congress from making laws respecting the establishment of religion, O'Donnell asked: "You're telling me that's in the First Amendment?"

Her comments, in a debate aired on radio station WDEL, generated a buzz in the audience.

"You actually audibly heard the crowd gasp," Widener University political scientist Wesley Leckrone said after the debate, adding that it raised questions about O'Donnell's grasp of the Constitution.

QuoteO'Donnell didn't respond to reporters who asked her to clarify her views after the debate.

During the exchange, she said Coons' views on creationism showed that he believes in big-government mandates.

"Talk about imposing your beliefs on the local schools," she said. "You've just proved how little you know not just about constitutional law but about the theory of evolution."

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2750 on: October 19, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 19, 2010, 11:40:15 AM

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gZ1QQxkvUw15IjhGIveoszz67aIA?docId=612ea91debdb4492bfb5af83baa68cc0

QuoteThe exchange came in a debate before an audience of legal scholars and law students at Widener University Law School, as O'Donnell criticized Democratic nominee Chris Coons' position that teaching creationism in public school would violate the First Amendment by promoting religious doctrine.

Coons said private and parochial schools are free to teach creationism but that "religious doctrine doesn't belong in our public schools."

"Where in the Constitution is the separation of church and state?" O'Donnell asked him.

When Coons responded that the First Amendment bars Congress from making laws respecting the establishment of religion, O'Donnell asked: "You're telling me that's in the First Amendment?"

Her comments, in a debate aired on radio station WDEL, generated a buzz in the audience.

"You actually audibly heard the crowd gasp," Widener University political scientist Wesley Leckrone said after the debate, adding that it raised questions about O'Donnell's grasp of the Constitution.

QuoteO'Donnell didn't respond to reporters who asked her to clarify her views after the debate.

During the exchange, she said Coons' views on creationism showed that he believes in big-government mandates.

"Talk about imposing your beliefs on the local schools," she said. "You've just proved how little you know not just about constitutional law but about the theory of evolution."

Hey!  This is no place for politics!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2751 on: October 19, 2010, 12:00:53 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 19, 2010, 11:41:00 AM

Hey!  This is no place for politics!

Yeah, we're talking about running the Irish out of town.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2752 on: October 19, 2010, 06:08:17 PM »

I love that woman.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2753 on: October 19, 2010, 06:11:51 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 19, 2010, 06:08:17 PM

I love that woman.

O'Donnell, eh?  If that freckle-faced bitch was able to say anything while her tongue was swollen from the whiskey, I still would've been too distracted by her crimson hair to have noticed! 
M'lady.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2754 on: October 19, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »
Watching the Kirk - Alexi debate right now. Kirk actually seems reasonable, whereas Alexi seems to be playing to the cameras.

Difficult choice for voters, and yes, I'm being serious.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

FrankS

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #2755 on: October 19, 2010, 10:32:33 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 19, 2010, 07:48:52 PM
Watching the Kirk - Alexi debate right now. Kirk actually seems reasonable, whereas Alexi seems to be playing to the cameras.

They are both douches. They are both lying, career politicians who will vote based on the whims of the special interests who own them. Big business owns both parties.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2756 on: October 19, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »
Quote from: FrankS on October 19, 2010, 10:32:33 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 19, 2010, 07:48:52 PM

They are both douches. They are both lying, career politicians who will vote based on the whims of the special interests who own them. Big business owns both parties.

Alexi isn't a career politician.  He's been in politics for 4 years.  He's the dumb son of a rich bank owner who slept at the switch and helped bankrupt said bank (at taxpayer expense) while he pursued his ambition of power and poontang.

FrankS

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #2757 on: October 20, 2010, 05:17:09 AM »
Okay, Alexi isn't a career politician. He just plans on being one the rest of his life. And he's still a douche.

I made the mistake of answering a telephone opinion poll regarding some of the Illinois races. When asked about Kirk versus Giannoulias, I told the person that I didn't want to vote for either of the candidates. And I may not. I have been literally buried under an avalanche of junk mail this year and it just makes me sick.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2758 on: October 20, 2010, 07:49:17 AM »
Quote from: FrankS on October 20, 2010, 05:17:09 AM
Okay, Alexi isn't a career politician. He just plans on being one the rest of his life. And he's still a douche.

I made the mistake of answering a telephone opinion poll regarding some of the Illinois races. When asked about Kirk versus Giannoulias, I told the person that I didn't want to vote for either of the candidates. And I may not. I have been literally buried under an avalanche of junk mail this year and it just makes me sick.

cue the HUEBITER
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2759 on: October 20, 2010, 08:06:32 AM »
Quote from: FrankS on October 20, 2010, 05:17:09 AM

Literally?  Wow, that *is* a lot of junk mail.