News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,898 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3255 on: January 10, 2011, 09:43:21 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 10, 2011, 09:38:14 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 10, 2011, 09:31:51 AM
Quote from: MikeC on January 10, 2011, 05:33:56 AM
I just find it sad that every time there is an act of violence the media has to jump in and blame Right Wing Extremists only to be proven wrong each and every time.

Each and EVERY time?  Mike, I expect better of you than to speak in such absolutes.
Hehe.

Intrepid Reader: SKO: "Is he a Sith?"

Yeah right. If I was really a Star Wars nerd I'd say that it's interesting that Obi-Wan said that to Anakin because really the Jedis are the ones who deal in absolutes because the Sith are all about shades of gray and using emotions and confusing and deceiving people. But I'm not a nerd, so I won't.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3256 on: January 10, 2011, 10:00:50 AM »
I just find it sad that every time there is an act of violence the media has to jump in and blame Right Wing Extremists only to be proven wrong each and every time. Bill Sparkman, Amy Bishop, The Fort Hood Shooter, The IRS Plane Crasher, The Cabbie Stabbing, and The Pentagon Shooter.

Hey look people get killed, its Talk Radio's fault! Or its Sarah Palin! Nice little pattern the media has. The Arizona shooting.....the media jumps right into blaming conservatives, how fucking sad to promote your propaganda on tragedies such as this.

No, I'm pretty sure if some lunatic had tried blowing the head off a Conservative member of Congress who had their district in crosshairs a surveyor's scope on a Democrat's website nobody would blame the Right Wing.

And who the hell blamed the Right Wing for Fort Hood? Everyone I saw was working overtime to paint this guy as an al Queida sleeper.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3257 on: January 10, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 10, 2011, 10:00:50 AM
I just find it sad that every time there is an act of violence the media has to jump in and blame Right Wing Extremists only to be proven wrong each and every time. Bill Sparkman, Amy Bishop, The Fort Hood Shooter, The IRS Plane Crasher, The Cabbie Stabbing, and The Pentagon Shooter.

Hey look people get killed, its Talk Radio's fault! Or its Sarah Palin! Nice little pattern the media has. The Arizona shooting.....the media jumps right into blaming conservatives, how fucking sad to promote your propaganda on tragedies such as this.

No, I'm pretty sure if some lunatic had tried blowing the head off a Conservative member of Congress who had their district in crosshairs a surveyor's scope on a Democrat's website nobody would blame the Right Wing.

And who the hell blamed the Right Wing for Fort Hood? Everyone I saw was working overtime to paint this guy as an al Queida sleeper.

Forget it, Fork.  It's Comartown.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3258 on: January 10, 2011, 10:43:39 AM »
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3259 on: January 11, 2011, 05:19:19 AM »
This event was a tragedy by some nut job and you go and watch CNN or MSNBC and they are talking about how its' Sarah Palin's fault or Rush Limbaugh hell even the Tea Party? Wolf Blitzer of all people after a reporter spent 3 minutes going over Sarah Palin's whole history asked the reporter, " Is their any evidence that he was a Palin supporter?" And the reporter was like zero, none. So why the fuck you even mentioning her name?

Now they want to introduce legislation to curb political speech. Conservative speech, because as we all know liberals are so damn sympathetic to all people and are not racist and violent. I don't care if she had a website with nuclear bombs on each district, normal sane people don't walk into a Safeway and kill 6 people because they saw a target symbol on a website.....if he even visited the site, or was a Sarah Palin supporter in the slightest bit. Normal sane people know the difference between right and wrong. He wasn't normal and he wasn't sane.....and it sure as hell wasn't Palins fault.

I can point to things 10,000 times as bad as a Palin site with targets, there is about a decade of evidence of all the left wing hate speech, and violent imagery against Bush. Palin has had her fair share thrown at her and her family as well.

Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3260 on: January 11, 2011, 05:37:28 AM »
Quote from: MikeC on January 11, 2011, 05:19:19 AM
This event was a tragedy by some nut job and you go and watch CNN or MSNBC and they are talking about how its' Sarah Palin's fault or Rush Limbaugh hell even the Tea Party? Wolf Blitzer of all people after a reporter spent 3 minutes going over Sarah Palin's whole history asked the reporter, " Is their any evidence that he was a Palin supporter?" And the reporter was like zero, none. So why the fuck you even mentioning her name?

Now they want to introduce legislation to curb political speech. Conservative speech, because as we all know liberals are so damn sympathetic to all people and are not racist and violent. I don't care if she had a website with nuclear bombs on each district, normal sane people don't walk into a Safeway and kill 6 people because they saw a target symbol on a website.....if he even visited the site, or was a Sarah Palin supporter in the slightest bit. Normal sane people know the difference between right and wrong. He wasn't normal and he wasn't sane.....and it sure as hell wasn't Palins fault.

I can point to things 10,000 times as bad as a Palin site with targets, there is about a decade of evidence of all the left wing hate speech, and violent imagery against Bush. Palin has had her fair share thrown at her and her family as well.

Who are you talking to? 

Besides the voices in your head, that is?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3261 on: January 11, 2011, 06:28:06 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 11, 2011, 05:37:28 AM

Who are you talking to? 

Maybe MikeC should get a blog that none of us have to read.
M'lady.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3262 on: January 11, 2011, 06:33:40 AM »

I think you're right.  The conversation should be focuses on how we live in a country that allowed this guy to buy a gun legally.

I also think you are misstating some things...no one is going to pass any laws that restrict any conservative speech.  That's just dumb and makes the rest of your surprisingly rational point kind of moot.

As for anything as bad as the Palin targets, shoot.  Sorry, bad word choice.  Fire away.  Nope, not that either.  How about, I'll settle for two examples that weren't immediately denounced by others on the left.

As far as her family goes, I mean it's not like there's an example of a female on the Democrat side who has gotten her share of abuse.  Nope...none.

And, it certainly isn't like anyone on the right blamed a certain Marylin Manson after Columbine.

In conclusion, everyone sucks.  Except me.  I'm awesome.

edit: I forgot my real conclusion.  We can use this as a learning experience about rhetoric.  Both sides use whatever they need in order to fire up their bases.  It just so happens that the right tends to be more responsive to guns/military imagery.  It's not always a bad thing and rational people should be able to tell the difference.  Let's just all promise to tone it down and try to raise the level of discourse.  We can all argue quietly without shooting people, right?  Of course that won't get O'Reilly or Olbermann ratings, so we probably won't.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3263 on: January 11, 2011, 07:47:10 AM »

since you've paraphrased Michelle Malkin's latest screed here, allow me to rebut.

There are plenty of websites, imagery, etc. with all kinds of hate on them - Nobody is truly President of the United States until he's been caricatured as Hitler - but all Malkin's examples (and, by extention, anything you'd provide) are done by the left-wing version of Birthers.

Not by former Vice Presidential nominees, probably Presidential candidates, or groups funded by the DNC. You are comparing apples to basketballs.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3264 on: January 11, 2011, 08:43:42 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 11, 2011, 06:28:06 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 11, 2011, 05:37:28 AM

Who are you talking to? 

Maybe MikeC should get a blog that none of us have to read.

http://cubspundit.blogspot.com/
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3265 on: January 11, 2011, 08:54:32 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 11, 2011, 07:47:10 AM

since you've paraphrased Michelle Malkin's latest screed here, allow me to rebut.

There are plenty of websites, imagery, etc. with all kinds of hate on them - Nobody is truly President of the United States until he's been caricatured as Hitler - but all Malkin's examples (and, by extention, anything you'd provide) are done by the left-wing version of Birthers.

Not by former Vice Presidential nominees, probably Presidential candidates, or groups funded by the DNC. You are comparing apples to basketballs.

DPD.  Damnit Fork, your insistence on acting like one of these parties is better than the other (hint - it's not) has forced me to post this.  I've tried to stay out of this, mainly because a nutjob's a nutjob and all this bullshit about the rhetoric causing anything is, well, bullshit.

http://www.dlc.org/ndol_ci.cfm?contentid=253055&kaid=127&subid=171

Those look like bullseyes, a "targeting strategy," and "BEHIND ENEMY LINES."  From the DLC.  So stop acting like it's "The right does rhetoric like THIS, the left like THIS."

Also, Oleg's conclusion is perfect.  Well said, indeed.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3266 on: January 11, 2011, 09:00:56 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on January 11, 2011, 08:54:32 AM

Except that he's not awesome at all.
TIME TO POST!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3267 on: January 11, 2011, 09:02:01 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 11, 2011, 09:00:56 AM

Except that he's not awesome at all.

Well, I *did* only support the conclusion.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3268 on: January 11, 2011, 09:04:11 AM »

DPD.  Damnit Fork, your insistence on acting like one of these parties is better than the other (hint - it's not) has forced me to post this.  I've tried to stay out of this, mainly because a nutjob's a nutjob and all this bullshit about the rhetoric causing anything is, well, bullshit.

Those look like bullseyes, a "targeting strategy," and "BEHIND ENEMY LINES."  From the DLC.  So stop acting like it's "The right does rhetoric like THIS, the left like THIS."

You douche. Those targets are for archery practice. Bows and arrows? Probably with the little orange plunger on the tip like kids play with (||).
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3269 on: January 11, 2011, 09:05:59 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 11, 2011, 09:04:11 AM

You douche. Those targets are for archery practice. Bows and arrows? Probably with the little orange plunger on the tip like kids play with (||).

Hey man, bows and arrows kill too.  Ain't you ever seen Rambo?