News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,925 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3481 on: January 28, 2011, 09:32:02 AM »

"Mosy busiest airport hub"? Sounds like someone needs to get Tiger Mom on their ass.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3482 on: January 28, 2011, 09:37:22 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 28, 2011, 09:32:02 AM

"Mosy busiest airport hub"? Sounds like someone needs to get Tiger Mom on their ass.

I think that's "Hosts busiest airport hub".  Better move closer the to screen, gramps.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3483 on: January 28, 2011, 09:47:11 AM »
Most average?  Does that mean that there is a "Least Average" and an "Average Average"?   
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3484 on: January 28, 2011, 09:56:24 AM »
I propose we change the Illinois state motto to "Meh..."
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3485 on: January 28, 2011, 09:56:37 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20029874-501465.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/8288163/How-Egypt-shut-down-the-internet.html

QuoteThe Egyptian government's action is unprecedented in the history of the internet. Countries such as China, Iran, Thailand and Tunisia have cut off access to news websites and social networking services during periods of unrest, as Egypt did when it cut off Facebook and Twitter earlier this week.

The ongoing attempt by the Egyptian government to shut down all online communication is, however, a new phenomenon. It not only prevents ordinary Egyptian internet users from accessing any websites, it cripples Tor, an anti-censorship tool that technical experts and activists were using to circumvent the Facebook and Twitter blocks.

The action puts Egypt, temporarily at least, in the company of North Korea, which has never allowed its citizens access to the internet.

http://gigaom.com/2011/01/28/how-egypt-switched-off-the-internet/

Quote"It looks like they're taking action at two levels," Rik Ferguson of Trend Micro told me. "First at the DNS level, so any attempt to resolve any address in .eg will fail — but also, in case you're trying to get directly to an address, they are also using the Border Gateway Protocol, the system through which ISPs advertise their internet protocol addresses to the network. Many ISPs have basically stopped advertising any internet addresses at all."

Essentially we're talking about a system that no longer knows where anything is. Outsiders can't find Egyptian websites, and insiders can't find anything at all. It's as if the postal system suddenly erased every address inside America — and forgot that it was even called America in the first place.

A complete border shutdown might have been easier, but Egypt has made sure that there should be no downstream impact, no loss of traffic in countries further down the cables. That will ease the diplomatic and economic pressure from other nations, and make it harder for protesters inside the country to get information in and out.

Ferguson suggests that, if nothing else, the methods used by the Egyptian government proves how fragile digital communication really is.

"What struck me most is that we've been extolling the virtues of the internet for democracy and free speech, but an incident like this demonstrates how easy it is — particularly in a country where there's a high level of governmental control — to just switch this access off."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3486 on: January 28, 2011, 09:57:27 AM »
"Best damn tapper, most smartest."
"Most smartest?"
"Most smartest!"
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3487 on: January 28, 2011, 10:16:55 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 28, 2011, 09:37:22 AM
Quote from: Fork on January 28, 2011, 09:32:02 AM

I think that's "Hosts busiest airport hub".  Better move closer the to screen, gramps.

I was trying to read through a noseprint.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3488 on: January 28, 2011, 10:18:36 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/world/middleeast/28alexandria.html

QuoteALEXANDRIA, Egypt — Demonstrators in Egypt have protested against rising prices and stagnant incomes, for greater freedom and against police brutality. But religion, so often a powerful mobilizing force here, has so far played little role.

That may be about to change.

With organizers calling for demonstrations after Friday prayer, the political movement will literally be taken to the doorsteps of the nation's mosques. And as the Egyptian government and security services brace for the expected wave of mass demonstrations, Islamic groups seem poised to emerge as wildcards in the growing political movement.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3489 on: January 28, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 28, 2011, 09:29:50 AM
Quote from: Bort on January 28, 2011, 09:24:44 AM
Quote from: morpheus on January 28, 2011, 08:26:07 AM
Counter-infographic time. 

Source : http://ilyagerner.tumblr.com/post/2941539079/my-contribution-to-winning-the-future

We're # 25!

I approve.

We're the birthplace of the fuckin' Atomic Bomb and those assholes hang the damn Spaceport on us?  I'm sure Richard Branson is behind this somehow.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3490 on: January 28, 2011, 10:46:44 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 28, 2011, 10:30:23 AM

Source : http://ilyagerner.tumblr.com/post/2941539079/my-contribution-to-winning-the-future

We're # 25!

I approve.

We're the birthplace of the fuckin' Atomic Bomb and those assholes hang the damn Spaceport on us?  I'm sure Richard Branson is behind this somehow.

Amos Alonzo Stagg and his stadium would like to have a word with you.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3491 on: January 28, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3493 on: January 28, 2011, 11:03:17 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 28, 2011, 10:58:34 AM
Quote from: Brownie on January 28, 2011, 10:46:44 AM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 28, 2011, 10:30:23 AM

We're # 25!

I approve.

We're the birthplace of the fuckin' Atomic Bomb and those assholes hang the damn Spaceport on us?  I'm sure Richard Branson is behind this somehow.

Amos Alonzo Stagg and his stadium would like to have a word with you.

Aw, a chain reaction.  That's cute.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru2PWmGIoB8

Hey, it was a secret government attempt to vaporize the South Side. No University of Chicago, so goodbye Friedman, goodbye Obama. No more White Sox, no more Cardinals.[./url]
Unlike most reactors that have been built since, this first one had no radiation shielding and no cooling system of any kind. Fermi had convinced Arthur Compton that his calculations were reliable enough to rule out a runaway chain reaction or an explosion, but, as the official historians of the Atomic Energy Commission later noted, the "gamble" remained in conducting "a possibly catastrophic experiment in one of the most densely populated areas of the nation!"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!