News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,925 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #4140 on: July 18, 2011, 04:14:04 PM »
While I am not a fan of cutting student aid (since it is profitable to the government via the higher income taxes people with college graduates pay vs. those with only a high school diploma), the general ideas in here are pretty good.

Pay for the aid by letting the Bush Tax Increases occur and I'm all for it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4141 on: July 19, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »
http://youtu.be/UhKOPukWo8I

Best thing that could have happened to Murdoch - he can either lie his ass off or confess to anything up to and including the Lindbergh kidnapping, and all the headlines will be "Murdoch Hit With Pie".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4142 on: July 19, 2011, 11:47:43 PM »
Now, wait, Coburn said nothing about, and voted for, Oetken, but Mikkanen is "unacceptable"? I don't know that I want to know.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4143 on: July 20, 2011, 12:24:17 AM »
DPD. Am I totally behind the times in being hitherto unaware of the Deuteronomy 17 birther argument?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4144 on: July 20, 2011, 08:21:11 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 20, 2011, 12:24:17 AM
DPD. Am I totally behind the times in being hitherto unaware of the Deuteronomy 17 birther argument?

Sounds like someone hasn't been to see their dentist in a while.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4145 on: July 21, 2011, 12:01:30 PM »
WORST. CONGRESS. EVER.

One of the commenters (GO FIGURE, GIL!!) makes a great point in advocating for the abolition of the primary election.  An interesting theory.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4146 on: July 21, 2011, 12:54:06 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 21, 2011, 12:01:30 PM
WORST. CONGRESS. EVER.

One of the commenters (GO FIGURE, GIL!!) makes a great point in advocating for the abolition of the primary election.  An interesting theory.

So Congress got awful when the Republicans took control in the 1990s.  It stayed awful until the Democrats took control in 2006 when it got better.  And now it's even worse when Republicans are back in the majority.

I'm really shocked that Gil posted an article like this.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4147 on: July 21, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »
WORST. CONGRESS. EVER.

Norman Ornstein? Really?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4148 on: July 21, 2011, 03:06:56 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on July 21, 2011, 12:54:06 PM
WORST. CONGRESS. EVER.

So Congress got awful when the Republicans took control in the 1990s.  It stayed awful until the Democrats took control in 2006 when it got better.  And now it's even worse when Republicans are back in the majority.

You know... Occasionally, correlation is due to causation.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4149 on: July 22, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »
Barack Obama: The Democrats' Richard Nixon?

An interesting read, at the very least.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4150 on: July 22, 2011, 10:22:01 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 22, 2011, 09:25:05 AM
Barack Obama: The Democrats' Richard Nixon?

An interesting read, at the very least.

Is the article just about the fact that both dongs dangle from your mouth?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4151 on: July 25, 2011, 09:42:48 AM »
SUPER CONGRESS!

QuoteThis "Super Congress," composed of members of both chambers and both parties, isn't mentioned anywhere in the Constitution, but would be granted extraordinary new powers. Under a plan put forth by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and his counterpart Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), legislation to lift the debt ceiling would be accompanied by the creation of a 12-member panel made up of 12 lawmakers -- six from each chamber and six from each party.

Legislation approved by the Super Congress -- which some on Capitol Hill are calling the "super committee" -- would then be fast-tracked through both chambers, where it couldn't be amended by simple, regular lawmakers, who'd have the ability only to cast an up or down vote. With the weight of both leaderships behind it, a product originated by the Super Congress would have a strong chance of moving through the little Congress and quickly becoming law. A Super Congress would be less accountable than the system that exists today, and would find it easier to strip the public of popular benefits. Negotiators are currently considering cutting the mortgage deduction and tax credits for retirement savings, for instance, extremely popular policies that would be difficult to slice up using the traditional legislative process.

Holy shit is this a pathetic and cowardly idea.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4152 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:48 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 25, 2011, 09:42:48 AM
SUPER CONGRESS!

QuoteThis "Super Congress," composed of members of both chambers and both parties, isn't mentioned anywhere in the Constitution, but would be granted extraordinary new powers. Under a plan put forth by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and his counterpart Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), legislation to lift the debt ceiling would be accompanied by the creation of a 12-member panel made up of 12 lawmakers -- six from each chamber and six from each party.

Legislation approved by the Super Congress -- which some on Capitol Hill are calling the "super committee" -- would then be fast-tracked through both chambers, where it couldn't be amended by simple, regular lawmakers, who'd have the ability only to cast an up or down vote. With the weight of both leaderships behind it, a product originated by the Super Congress would have a strong chance of moving through the little Congress and quickly becoming law. A Super Congress would be less accountable than the system that exists today, and would find it easier to strip the public of popular benefits. Negotiators are currently considering cutting the mortgage deduction and tax credits for retirement savings, for instance, extremely popular policies that would be difficult to slice up using the traditional legislative process.

It would be a lot better if the SuperCongressmen would get to wear superhero costumes. Gridlock on the Hill? Bill getting fillibustered in the Senate? You could just see Dick Durbin, Charles Schumer, John Kerry, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Jim Clyburn, John Lewis, Lamar Alexander, Lindsey Graham, John Thune, Paul Ryan, Darrell Issa, and Eric Cantor step off the floor and into one of 12 strategically-placed phone booths to come out as their own super-action hero SuperCongressman!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4153 on: July 25, 2011, 10:26:35 AM »
SUPER CONGRESS!

I agree.  This is an awful, awful idea.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4154 on: July 25, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 25, 2011, 10:08:48 AM
SUPER CONGRESS!

It would be a lot better if the SuperCongressmen would get to wear superhero costumes. Gridlock on the Hill? Bill getting fillibustered in the Senate? You could just see Dick Durbin, Charles Schumer, John Kerry, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Jim Clyburn, John Lewis, Lamar Alexander, Lindsey Graham, John Thune, Paul Ryan, Darrell Issa, and Eric Cantor step off the floor and into one of 12 strategically-placed phone booths to come out as their own super-action hero SuperCongressman!

I'd be impressed if they could find 12 phone booths.
TIME TO POST!