News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,920 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #4245 on: August 17, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »
Yeah, he ain't pretty no more.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4246 on: August 17, 2011, 06:43:52 PM »
Another thoughtful aside brought to you by Richard Motherfucking Cohen...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-texas-gipper/2011/08/15/gIQA2SQGHJ_story.html

QuotePerry, who actually looks like a president (also the late Rory Calhoun)...

That's Rick Perry for you: always standing and walking.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4247 on: August 24, 2011, 11:23:40 AM »
Jon Huntsman is dreamy!

(Sets up fainting couch for morph and TJ)

QuoteHuntsman's tax reforms included $110 million in income-tax cuts, and would mandate a state-wide flat income-tax rate. Sales and food taxes were slashed too. The deal included tax credits aimed at attracting new business development, including mining.

QuoteHuntsman may be the pro-life cause's most accomplished executive. He signed bills banning second-trimester abortions, reclassifying third-trimester abortions as a third-degree felony, and requiring abortion providers to explain the pain unborn children can experience during abortion. He signed a trigger law that would ban abortion outright if Roe is overturned.

(Sets up fainting couch for flannj)

QuoteAnd Huntsman expanded the rights of Utah gun-owners, abolishing some concealed-carry restrictions and allowing for more transport of firearms on Utah's roads. He even signed a bill that would grant small-game hunting licenses to children under 12.

(Sets up fainting couch for Gil)

QuoteHuntsman also riled conservatives on some environmental issues. He has praised Nixon's creation of the EPA. His party's right wing castigated him for participating with other Western-state governors in a climate-change summit that yielded exactly nothing in terms of policy.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4248 on: August 24, 2011, 11:51:43 AM »
Quote from: R-V on August 24, 2011, 11:23:40 AM
Jon Huntsman is dreamy!

QuoteHuntsman's tax reforms included $110 million in income-tax cuts, and would mandate a state-wide flat income-tax rate. Sales and food taxes were slashed too. The deal included tax credits aimed at attracting new business development, including mining.

QuoteHuntsman may be the pro-life cause's most accomplished executive. He signed bills banning second-trimester abortions, reclassifying third-trimester abortions as a third-degree felony, and requiring abortion providers to explain the pain unborn children can experience during abortion. He signed a trigger law that would ban abortion outright if Roe is overturned.

QuoteAnd Huntsman expanded the rights of Utah gun-owners, abolishing some concealed-carry restrictions and allowing for more transport of firearms on Utah's roads. He even signed a bill that would grant small-game hunting licenses to children under 12.

QuoteHuntsman also riled conservatives on some environmental issues. He has praised Nixon's creation of the EPA. His party's right wing castigated him for participating with other Western-state governors in a climate-change summit that yielded exactly nothing in terms of policy.

He can have 1/2 of my vote.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4249 on: August 24, 2011, 12:19:01 PM »
Quote from: flannj on August 24, 2011, 11:51:43 AM
Jon Huntsman is dreamy!

Huntsman Jr. had a rebellious phase. He dropped out of high school to focus on his progressive-rock band, Wizard. Ask him about those days and he slips into semi-seriousness. He describes Emerson Lake and Palmer, Yes, and Genesis as "highly impactful in terms of [his] view of the music world." And he jokes that the '80s were a mostly "lost decade" in terms of music when explaining his fondness for '90s acts like the Foo Fighters and Ben Folds Five.

I need to hear more about this band, Wizard, before making a decision.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4250 on: August 24, 2011, 12:53:48 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 24, 2011, 12:19:01 PM
Quote from: flannj on August 24, 2011, 11:51:43 AM
Jon Huntsman is dreamy!

Huntsman Jr. had a rebellious phase. He dropped out of high school to focus on his progressive-rock band, Wizard. Ask him about those days and he slips into semi-seriousness. He describes Emerson Lake and Palmer, Yes, and Genesis as "highly impactful in terms of [his] view of the music world." And he jokes that the '80s were a mostly "lost decade" in terms of music when explaining his fondness for '90s acts like the Foo Fighters and Ben Folds Five.

Okay, he's down to 2/5ths now.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4251 on: August 24, 2011, 02:19:07 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 24, 2011, 12:19:01 PM

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4252 on: August 24, 2011, 02:23:07 PM »

He's the one with helmet hair and a vest.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/52454.html

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4253 on: August 25, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4254 on: August 26, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »
So, in addition to paying employees, job creators now have to post a notice telling them of their rights too?!?

WHEN WILL THIS TYRANNY (which every other federal labor statute requires) END?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11238/1169998-84-0.stm
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4255 on: August 26, 2011, 10:49:50 AM »
Has this been address (I don't read this thread often): http://www2.tbo.com/news/politics/2011/aug/24/3/welfare-drug-testing-yields-2-percent-positive-res-ar-252458/

QuoteCost of the tests averages about $30. Assuming that 1,000 to 1,500 applicants take the test every month, the state will owe about $28,800-$43,200 monthly in reimbursements to those who test drug-free. That compares with roughly $32,200-$48,200 the state may save on one month's worth of rejected applicants.

QuoteSo far, they say, about 2 percent of applicants are failing the test

Compared to:
QuoteAccording to the 2009 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, performed by the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services, 8.7 percent of the population nationally over age 12 uses illicit drugs. The rate was 6.3 percent for those ages 26 and up.

And:
QuoteA 2008 study by the Office of National Drug Control Policy also showed that 8.13 percent of Floridians age 12 and up use illegal drugs.

So welfare recipients use drugs at a lower rate than their state and national counterparts? And the state of Florida is basically breaking even? Ok. Makes sense. A friend of mine posted this on Facebook last night and mentioned that if the government is going to maintain a "you don't get breaks/money from us unless you're drugfree" then they oughta test every executive of corporations that get tax breaks. It's only fair. They probably "cost" the government a shitload more money than those poor minorities welfare recipients do.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4256 on: August 26, 2011, 12:27:10 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 26, 2011, 09:46:47 AM
So, in addition to paying employees, job creators now have to post a notice telling them of their rights too?!?

Not a good time to own a business with any employees.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4257 on: August 26, 2011, 12:31:29 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 26, 2011, 12:27:10 PM

I just don't understand the uproar over this.

It's a bad thing for people to know their rights under the law?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4258 on: August 26, 2011, 01:44:23 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 26, 2011, 12:31:29 PM

Perhaps we could simply reproduce the entire Federal Register in poster form?  Or just the labor laws part?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4259 on: August 26, 2011, 01:46:16 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on August 26, 2011, 01:44:23 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 26, 2011, 12:31:29 PM

Perhaps we could simply reproduce the entire Federal Register in poster form?  Or just the labor laws part?

Pocket-sized US Constitutions for all!!