News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,902 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #4380 on: October 26, 2011, 09:42:33 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 26, 2011, 09:31:00 AM
http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2011/08/20/news/doc4e4ff7a8aa504499828975.txt
They haven't been able to figure out what to do with him since November 2010?

Here's a suggestion: Fire that school board.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4381 on: October 26, 2011, 10:07:28 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 26, 2011, 09:42:33 AM
http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2011/08/20/news/doc4e4ff7a8aa504499828975.txt

Hey, he has Asperger's IDITO! ADA FTW!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4382 on: October 26, 2011, 10:19:29 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 26, 2011, 10:07:28 AM

I blame the ridiculous stranglehold public school unions have on cities and municipalities across the country.

Schools aren't factories.

EDIT: the ADA angle may be a big deal.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4383 on: October 26, 2011, 10:49:39 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 26, 2011, 10:19:29 AM

I blame the ridiculous stranglehold public school unions have on cities and municipalities across the country.

Don't forget the pussification of the Western male.

Quit yer crying and lose some weight, fatty.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4384 on: October 26, 2011, 12:37:28 PM »

The guy's 68. Asperger's Disorder only appeared as a diagnostic category with DSM-IV. When, pray tell, did he obtain this diagnosis that is normally made in childhood? It doesn't get easier with the march of time.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4385 on: October 26, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »

Thank you!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4386 on: October 26, 2011, 01:11:17 PM »
Joe the Plumber: Congressional Candidate.

Quote"I don't have to remember what I said five years ago because I believe it. That's what it comes down to," he said. "They're not going to catch me in a lie. I'm not concerned about that at all. You've got to keep it simple and that's what it comes down to running for Congress."

I'd say they don't get any more simple than this personification of asshattery.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4387 on: October 26, 2011, 01:43:28 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 26, 2011, 01:11:17 PM
Joe the Plumber: Congressional Candidate.

Quote"I don't have to remember what I said five years ago because I believe it. That's what it comes down to," he said. "They're not going to catch me in a lie. I'm not concerned about that at all. You've got to keep it simple and that's what it comes down to running for Congress."

I'd say they don't get any more simple than this personification of asshattery.

As long as he keeps his ass out of NC-4th. That's GEORGE HUTCHINS country.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4388 on: October 26, 2011, 06:26:20 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/iraq-war-vet-injured-oakland-protests-14821510

QuoteThe clash between Oakland police and Occupy Wall Street protesters left a Marine veteran who served two Iraq tours in critical condition Wednesday after he was struck by a police projectile, a veterans group said.

Scott Olsen, 24, suffered a fracture skull Tuesday as he marched with other protesters toward City Hall, said Dottie Guy, of the Iraq Veterans Against the War. The demonstrators had been making an attempt to re-establish a presence in the area of a disbanded protesters' camp when they were met by police officers in riot gear.

Several small skirmishes broke out and officers cleared the area by firing tear gas.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/26/scott-olsen-occupy-oakland-review

QuoteA source at the Oakland citizen's police review board said it had not yet received a formal complaint, but would be "looking into" the circumstances surrounding Olsen's injuries. The board will decide whether to launch an official investigation over the next couple of days.

Jay Finneburgh, an activist photographer who was at the protest, published pictures of Olsen lying bloodied on the ground, while video footage appeared to show police throwing a 'flash bang' explosive close to fellow protesters trying to provide aid.

"[Olsen] stood behind me," Finneburgh told the Guardian. "I looked to my left and he hit the ground, and he hit it hard.

"A woman went to look down at him, and he was bleeding from the head. She started screaming," he said.

Video footage posted to YouTube shows Olsen lying motionless in front of a police line after apparently having been hit. A group of up to 10 protesters gather around him, but a police officer can be seen throwing a device close to the group which then explodes with a bright flash and loud bang, scattering the protesters. The video then cuts to footage of protesters carrying Olsen away as he bleeds from the head.

Shannon said Olsen was hit in the head by a tear gas canister or smoke canister shot by a police officer. He said Olsen had a curved gash on his forehead.

Veterans for Police said Olsen was "struck by a police projectile fired into a crowd in downtown Oakland".

"Police in the majority of cities are acting with restraint and humanity towards the encampments, but Veterans For Peace will not be deterred by police who choose to use brutal tactics," the organisation said in a statement.

Oakland police confirmed at a press conference that they used tear gas and baton rounds, but said they did not use flash bang grenades. Police could not be reached for comment, but Finneburgh, who said he had been "present in many protests" where flash bang grenades had been used, said they had been deployed.

Finneburgh said he had returned to where Olsen had originally lain injured later in the evening, and close to a pool of blood had found a beanbag round, apparently fired by police. The controversial projectile, a small fabric pillow filled with around 40 grammes of lead shot, is one of the most commonly used projectiles in US policing, though it was withdrawn for 18 years after a fatal incident in 1971.

Direct link to the Youtube video showing what certainly appears to be flashbang grenades tossed directly at protesters attempting to help the injured man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZLyUK0t0vQ

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4389 on: October 26, 2011, 10:05:30 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 26, 2011, 06:26:20 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/iraq-war-vet-injured-oakland-protests-14821510

QuoteThe clash between Oakland police and Occupy Wall Street protesters left a Marine veteran who served two Iraq tours in critical condition Wednesday after he was struck by a police projectile, a veterans group said.

Scott Olsen, 24, suffered a fracture skull Tuesday as he marched with other protesters toward City Hall, said Dottie Guy, of the Iraq Veterans Against the War. The demonstrators had been making an attempt to re-establish a presence in the area of a disbanded protesters' camp when they were met by police officers in riot gear.

Several small skirmishes broke out and officers cleared the area by firing tear gas.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/26/scott-olsen-occupy-oakland-review

QuoteA source at the Oakland citizen's police review board said it had not yet received a formal complaint, but would be "looking into" the circumstances surrounding Olsen's injuries. The board will decide whether to launch an official investigation over the next couple of days.

Jay Finneburgh, an activist photographer who was at the protest, published pictures of Olsen lying bloodied on the ground, while video footage appeared to show police throwing a 'flash bang' explosive close to fellow protesters trying to provide aid.

"[Olsen] stood behind me," Finneburgh told the Guardian. "I looked to my left and he hit the ground, and he hit it hard.

"A woman went to look down at him, and he was bleeding from the head. She started screaming," he said.

Video footage posted to YouTube shows Olsen lying motionless in front of a police line after apparently having been hit. A group of up to 10 protesters gather around him, but a police officer can be seen throwing a device close to the group which then explodes with a bright flash and loud bang, scattering the protesters. The video then cuts to footage of protesters carrying Olsen away as he bleeds from the head.

Shannon said Olsen was hit in the head by a tear gas canister or smoke canister shot by a police officer. He said Olsen had a curved gash on his forehead.

Veterans for Police said Olsen was "struck by a police projectile fired into a crowd in downtown Oakland".

"Police in the majority of cities are acting with restraint and humanity towards the encampments, but Veterans For Peace will not be deterred by police who choose to use brutal tactics," the organisation said in a statement.

Oakland police confirmed at a press conference that they used tear gas and baton rounds, but said they did not use flash bang grenades. Police could not be reached for comment, but Finneburgh, who said he had been "present in many protests" where flash bang grenades had been used, said they had been deployed.

Finneburgh said he had returned to where Olsen had originally lain injured later in the evening, and close to a pool of blood had found a beanbag round, apparently fired by police. The controversial projectile, a small fabric pillow filled with around 40 grammes of lead shot, is one of the most commonly used projectiles in US policing, though it was withdrawn for 18 years after a fatal incident in 1971.

Direct link to the Youtube video showing what certainly appears to be flashbang grenades tossed directly at protesters attempting to help the injured man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZLyUK0t0vQ

maybe those dumb fucks should just go the fuck home. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4390 on: October 26, 2011, 10:12:23 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 26, 2011, 10:05:30 PM
maybe those dumb fucks should just go the fuck home. 

This is why you'll never know the hippie superchicks, Dubbs.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4391 on: October 27, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
An actual small business owner discusses the NLRB's actions of late: http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/labor/189879-small-business-owner-questions-fury-over-nlrb

QuoteAs a small business owner, I have an odd experience nearly every time I open a newspaper. Day after day, pundits and politicians — most of whom have no actual experience running a business — rattle off talking points on what I supposedly need. It's strange. Even though I've never hired a K Street consultant, there's an army of them ready to speak for me.

QuoteI run a sheet metal company in Sterling, Va., where we fabricate and install sheet metal duct work for ventilation, air conditioning, and heating systems. My workers are an integral part of my business and an important asset to its success. They are my business partners, not a line item on my accounting forms.

My employees are members of the Sheet Metal Workers' International Association Local Union 100 and collective bargaining helps us work together.

QuoteReviewing the NLRB's decisions this summer, I fail to see a single action that will negatively impact my business. I have strained to see how informing workers of their right to form a union or modernizing the outdated union election process will hurt my business. The connection simply isn't there. These seemingly minor changes certainly do not create uncertainty for me and they will not affect my ability to create jobs. In fact, if the NLRB standardizes the election process, it seems to me that this will reduce uncertainty and turmoil in the workplace — especially for small businesses.

Clearly this small business owner was strong-armed by his pro-union workforce into saying nice things about that crazy labor board going after American businesses with the strength of a budget that is roughly equivalent to what the Defense Department spends on post-its.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4392 on: October 27, 2011, 10:10:13 PM »
Brace yourselves, and synchronize your pedometers.

QuoteHOWEVER, if you count the fingers on your hands in unary arithmetic - no zeros - then 10 fingers, in unary mathematics, = 11111111111 - EXACTLY 11 ONES

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4393 on: October 28, 2011, 01:23:03 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 27, 2011, 10:10:13 PM

QuoteHOWEVER, if you count the fingers on your hands in unary arithmetic - no zeros - then 10 fingers, in unary mathematics, = 11111111111 - EXACTLY 11 ONES

Again... What's the deal?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4394 on: October 28, 2011, 07:17:03 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 27, 2011, 10:10:13 PM

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16