News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,910 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #4815 on: May 17, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 17, 2012, 12:11:35 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 17, 2012, 12:08:14 PM
Fuck you, Nanc.

Thanks but no thanks.

Not with Paul's gay old dad's gay dick?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4816 on: May 17, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 17, 2012, 12:10:22 PM
Fuck you, Nanc.

QuoteIn her weekly Capitol briefing with reporters, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi responded to a new round of conservative attacks on President Obama for his previous ties to controversial Reverend Jeremiah Wright.

"What was interesting to me is that this is all going to be funded by the owner of the Chicago Cubs," she said. "Well I hope they're as successful with this campaign as the Cubs are on the baseball field."

To be fair, that line is a no-brainer if you're her...

To be fair, every line from her is a no-brainer.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4817 on: May 17, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 17, 2012, 12:15:30 PM
Quote from: PANK! on May 17, 2012, 12:10:22 PM
Fuck you, Nanc.

QuoteIn her weekly Capitol briefing with reporters, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi responded to a new round of conservative attacks on President Obama for his previous ties to controversial Reverend Jeremiah Wright.

"What was interesting to me is that this is all going to be funded by the owner of the Chicago Cubs," she said. "Well I hope they're as successful with this campaign as the Cubs are on the baseball field."

To be fair, that line is a no-brainer if you're her...

ZING!

To be fair, every line from her is a no-brainer.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4818 on: May 17, 2012, 12:34:52 PM »
Fuck you, Nanc.

FACT CHECK

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4819 on: May 17, 2012, 12:37:16 PM »
Durin' the War of the Rebellion, I had this part-time job of fillin' in Ol' Abe about how we young folk were feelin' about how he was doin' because he was thinkin' about a second term an wanted to know if he could count on their support, bein' as how pretty much all of us, 'cept for the Irish in New York City, were doin' all of the fighting on his side.  I said,  "Mr. President, sir, there is a lot of talk about how you ain't metrosexual enough."  I could tell that bein' as he wasn't metrosexual at all he had no idee what I was talkin' about.  So I went on.  "In other words, sir, you ain't with it."   His eyes got kinda narrow an he asked "Ain't with what?"  Whereupon I said "It"  He said "That's what I want to know, what is it?"  I said "It is what it is."  Whereupon, he grabbed me by the lapels of my homespun and shouted "What are you talking about?"  An I said "I am talking about 'It'."  Suddenly, Ol' Abe got this glint in his eye an asked me if I knew anything about this new fangled game, base-ball?  He said if he wasn't reelected there was this new thing, Chautaqua, or some such, an him an' me might work up this lecture about who was playin' first base and such.  I tole him that was an example of how out if It he was an he threw me out of his office, with orders to report to someplace in Gettysburg Pennsylvania and the rest, as they say, is history.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4820 on: May 17, 2012, 12:40:41 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 17, 2012, 12:34:52 PM
Fuck you, Nanc.

FACT CHECK

Not to be all Chuck but...yes he's not the Owner but it is pretty much his money...

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4821 on: May 17, 2012, 12:41:33 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 17, 2012, 12:40:41 PM
Fuck you, Nanc.

FACT CHECK

Not to be all Chuck but...yes he's not the Owner but it is pretty much his money...

Adding...I've just discovered another reason to like Soriano.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4822 on: May 17, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
Fuck you, Nanc.

FACT CHECK

But then who own the Cubs?

Sarah, get me Al Yellon on the phone.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4823 on: May 17, 2012, 12:45:03 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 17, 2012, 12:43:26 PM
Fuck you, Nanc.

FACT CHECK

Oh how I laughed...

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4824 on: May 17, 2012, 01:15:27 PM »
Fuck you, Nanc.

FACT CHECK

And tell him I have cancer.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4825 on: May 17, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
Quote from: CT III on May 17, 2012, 01:15:27 PM
Fuck you, Nanc.

FACT CHECK

And tell him I have cancer.

IDITO.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4826 on: May 17, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on May 17, 2012, 10:25:27 AM
I think that Joe's little temper tantrum will affect the Cubs ability to deal with the city about the same as it will affect the Fall election, not a whit.  Money for the city and money for the Cubs will trump the owner's father's nut job political views.

Rahm disagrees with you, hawk:

Quote"America is too great a country with too great a future with the content they are talking about," added the mayor, former chief of staff to Obama. "And it's insulting to the president, it's insulting to the country."

The report comes while the Cubs are trying to work out a deal with the city that would involve using $150 million in city amusement taxes for a $300 million renovation of Wrigley Field.

Emanuel did not have an immediate comment on how the reported effort by Joe Ricketts might affect those talks.

"I'll have some conversations on that later — comments rather," Emanuel said.

In other words, "You're fucking with the wrong guys if you think you can say what you want about my guy and my party and still get $300 million from me. Oh, and don't bother asking about more signage. The landmarks commission is kinda under my purview. And zoning for the triangle building? Lotsa problems there. And that land you bought next to McDonalds? Funny thing: I'll only approve a Schwab outlet."

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4827 on: May 17, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 17, 2012, 02:00:59 PM
Quote from: thehawk on May 17, 2012, 10:25:27 AM
I think that Joe's little temper tantrum will affect the Cubs ability to deal with the city about the same as it will affect the Fall election, not a whit.  Money for the city and money for the Cubs will trump the owner's father's nut job political views.

Rahm disagrees with you, hawk:

Quote"America is too great a country with too great a future with the content they are talking about," added the mayor, former chief of staff to Obama. "And it's insulting to the president, it's insulting to the country."

The report comes while the Cubs are trying to work out a deal with the city that would involve using $150 million in city amusement taxes for a $300 million renovation of Wrigley Field.

Emanuel did not have an immediate comment on how the reported effort by Joe Ricketts might affect those talks.

"I'll have some conversations on that later — comments rather," Emanuel said.

In other words, "You're fucking with the wrong guys if you think you can say what you want about my guy and my party and still get $300 million from me. Oh, and don't bother asking about more signage. The landmarks commission is kinda under my purview. And zoning for the triangle building? Lotsa problems there. And that land you bought next to McDonalds? Funny thing: I'll only approve a Schwab outlet."

Rickettses: "Fine."

"We'll raze Wrigley Field, build a better park in Rosemont, next to your Blue Line and your airport but far from the clutches of your tax candy store, we'll turn the property at Clark and Addison into a parking lot, or just a fenced off vacant lot, make a fortune shipping artifacts from Wrigley Field out of some warehouse in Omaha, and continue our happy existence."

I'm sure Lakeview will thrive though as at least 75% of the businesses there owe their existence to our business being located there.

Oh, Cook County and the State of Illinois is giving us trouble? Well, fuck... if you insist. Does Mayor Ballard have Mayflower's phone number handy?

Does Oscar Goodman?

No, that's right. This could never happen. No teams with such roots in a neighborhood could leave.

Now, we realize you prefer a one-party system, Rahm. Maybe you can see if you could lure a team from Havana or Pyongyang to take the Cubs' place.

Ciao."

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4828 on: May 17, 2012, 02:29:15 PM »
Fuck Joe Ricketts.

Since his kids signed Theo and they're not overtly a part of this mouthbreathing pandering, they're excused from said fucking.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4829 on: May 17, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »
Tom Ricketts just called his dad a racist:

Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts put out a statement, saying, "I repudiate any return to racially divisive issues in this year's presidential campaign or in any setting — like my father has."

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20120517/BLOGS02/120519836/ricketts-anti-obama-campaign-could-cripple-plan-to-rebuild-wrigley-rahm-reacts#ixzz1v9nWRAJO