News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,894 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #5100 on: August 22, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5101 on: August 22, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5102 on: August 22, 2012, 07:21:51 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 22, 2012, 07:14:48 PM
I blame Morph.

Those look nothing like the Young Republicans from the time I participated in an acid-loaded visit to one of their mixers. Indeed, those fellows of yore seem quite preferable by comparison.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5103 on: August 22, 2012, 08:01:30 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 22, 2012, 07:21:51 PM
I blame Morph.

Those look nothing like the Young Republicans from the time I participated in an acid-loaded visit to one of their mixers. Indeed, those fellows of yore seem quite preferable by comparison.

Goddamn that sounds like fun.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5104 on: August 22, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 22, 2012, 08:01:30 PM
I blame Morph.

Are they trying to get the "Glee" vote?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5105 on: August 22, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 22, 2012, 08:30:30 PM
Quote from: Oleg on August 22, 2012, 08:01:30 PM
I blame Morph.

Are they trying to get the "Glee" vote?

The Young Republicans were very hospitable. I think they knew something was up but not quite what (low light, dark paneling). If only we had had a newsletter, I think a couple might have bitten.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5106 on: August 23, 2012, 01:24:38 AM »
Holy shit...

http://www.nationalreview.com/nrd/articles/313504/boss

QuoteWhat do women want?...

...It is a curious scientific fact (explained in evolutionary biology by the Trivers-Willard hypothesis — Willard, notice) that high-status animals tend to have more male offspring than female offspring, which holds true across many species, from red deer to mink to Homo sap. The offspring of rich families are statistically biased in favor of sons — the children of the general population are 51 percent male and 49 percent female, but the children of the Forbes billionaire list are 60 percent male. Have a gander at that Romney family picture: five sons, zero daughters. Romney has 18 grandchildren, and they exceed a 2:1 ratio of grandsons to granddaughters (13:5). When they go to church at their summer-vacation home, the Romney clan makes up a third of the congregation. He is basically a tribal chieftain.

Professor Obama? Two daughters. May as well give the guy a cardigan. And fallopian tubes.

From an evolutionary point of view, Mitt Romney should get 100 percent of the female vote. All of it. He should get Michelle Obama's vote. You can insert your own Mormon polygamy joke here, but the ladies do tend to flock to successful executives and entrepreneurs. Saleh al-Rajhi, billionaire banker, left behind 61 children when he cashed out last year. We don't do harems here, of course, but Romney is exactly the kind of guy who in another time and place would have the option of maintaining one. He's a boss.

Elections are not about public policy. They aren't even about the economy. Elections are tribal, and tribes are — Occupy types, cover your delicate ears — ruthlessly hierarchical. Somebody has to be the top dog....

Reassuring arch-patriarch — maybe one with enough sons and grandsons to form a pillaging band of marauders? Hillary Rodham Clinton told us that it takes a village, and Mitt Romney showed us how to populate a village with thriving offspring. Newsweek, which as of this writing is still in business, recently ran a cover photo of Romney with the headline: "The Wimp Factor: Is He Just Too Insecure to Be President?" Look at his fat stacks. Look at that mess of sons and grandchildren. Look at a picture of Ann Romney on her wedding day and that cocky smirk on his face. What exactly has Mitt Romney got to be insecure about? That he's not as prodigious a patriarch as Ramses II or as rich as >Lakshmi Mittal? I bet he sleeps at night and never worries about that. He has done everything right in life, and he should own it. And by own it, I mean put it on the black card and stow it in the G6 — or at least in first class, for Pete's sake.

Apparently the National Review has been reduced to publishing Gordon Gecko-meets-Conan the Barbarian fan fiction.

Kevin D. Williamson! What is best in life?

Sweet earrings, bro.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5107 on: August 23, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »
I assume that whole thing was a joke.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5108 on: August 23, 2012, 08:52:46 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 23, 2012, 08:21:44 AM
I assume that whole thing was a joke.

The National Review? I guess that's a possibility.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5109 on: August 23, 2012, 01:24:10 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 23, 2012, 01:24:38 AM
Kevin D. Williamson! What is best in life?

Sweet earrings, bro.

I've never seen a vest with lapels before. It's like something out of H.R. Giger. (Speaking of which, this could use something big.)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5110 on: August 27, 2012, 03:29:58 PM »
Napolitanstink is terrible...

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/prosecutor-ga-murder-case-1507533.html

QuoteLUDOWICI, Ga. — Four Army soldiers based in southeast Georgia killed a former comrade and his girlfriend to protect an anarchist militia group they formed that stockpiled assault weapons and plotted a range of anti-government attacks, prosecutors told a judge Monday.

Prosecutors in rural Long County, near the sprawling Army post Fort Stewart, said the militia group composed of active duty and former U.S. military members spent at least $87,000 buying guns and bomb components and was serious enough to kill two people — former soldier Michael Roark and his 17-year-old girlfriend, Tiffany York — by shooting them in the woods last December in order to keep its plans secret.

"This domestic terrorist organization did not simply plan and talk," prosecutor Isabel Pauley told a Superior Court judge. "Prior to the murders in this case, the group took action. Evidence shows the group possessed the knowledge, means and motive to carry out their plans."

Prosecutors said the group called itself F.E.A.R., short for Forever Enduring Always Ready. Pauley said authorities don't know how many members the militia had.

Burnett, 26, said he knew the group's leaders from serving with them at Fort Stewart. He agreed to testify against fellow soldiers Pvt. Isaac Aguigui, identified by prosecutors as the militia's founder and leader, Sgt. Anthony Peden and Pvt. Christopher Salmon.

In a videotaped interview with military investigators, Pauley said, Aguigui called himself "the nicest cold-blooded murderer you will ever meet." He used the Army to recruit militia members, who wore distinctive tattoos that resemble an anarchy symbol, she said. Prosecutors say they have no idea how many members belong to the group.

"All members of the group were on active-duty or were former members of the military," Pauley said. "He targeted soldiers who were in trouble or disillusioned."

The prosecutor said the militia group had big plans. It plotted to take over Fort Stewart by seizing its ammunition control point and talked of bombing the Forsyth Park fountain in nearby Savannah, she said. In Washington state, she added, the group plotted to bomb a dam and poison the state's apple crop. Ultimately, prosecutors said, the militia's goal was to overthrow the government and assassinate the president.

Disillusioned anarchist right-wing baby-killers with plans for an assault on Georgia?

Finally, something we can blame on both TEC and Bort.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5111 on: August 27, 2012, 10:27:12 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 27, 2012, 03:29:58 PM
Napolitanstink is terrible...

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/prosecutor-ga-murder-case-1507533.html

QuoteLUDOWICI, Ga. — Four Army soldiers based in southeast Georgia killed a former comrade and his girlfriend to protect an anarchist militia group they formed that stockpiled assault weapons and plotted a range of anti-government attacks, prosecutors told a judge Monday.

Prosecutors in rural Long County, near the sprawling Army post Fort Stewart, said the militia group composed of active duty and former U.S. military members spent at least $87,000 buying guns and bomb components and was serious enough to kill two people — former soldier Michael Roark and his 17-year-old girlfriend, Tiffany York — by shooting them in the woods last December in order to keep its plans secret.

"This domestic terrorist organization did not simply plan and talk," prosecutor Isabel Pauley told a Superior Court judge. "Prior to the murders in this case, the group took action. Evidence shows the group possessed the knowledge, means and motive to carry out their plans."

Prosecutors said the group called itself F.E.A.R., short for Forever Enduring Always Ready. Pauley said authorities don't know how many members the militia had.

Burnett, 26, said he knew the group's leaders from serving with them at Fort Stewart. He agreed to testify against fellow soldiers Pvt. Isaac Aguigui, identified by prosecutors as the militia's founder and leader, Sgt. Anthony Peden and Pvt. Christopher Salmon.

In a videotaped interview with military investigators, Pauley said, Aguigui called himself "the nicest cold-blooded murderer you will ever meet." He used the Army to recruit militia members, who wore distinctive tattoos that resemble an anarchy symbol, she said. Prosecutors say they have no idea how many members belong to the group.

"All members of the group were on active-duty or were former members of the military," Pauley said. "He targeted soldiers who were in trouble or disillusioned."

The prosecutor said the militia group had big plans. It plotted to take over Fort Stewart by seizing its ammunition control point and talked of bombing the Forsyth Park fountain in nearby Savannah, she said. In Washington state, she added, the group plotted to bomb a dam and poison the state's apple crop. Ultimately, prosecutors said, the militia's goal was to overthrow the government and assassinate the president.

Disillusioned anarchist right-wing baby-killers with plans for an assault on Georgia?

Finally, something we can blame on both TEC and Bort.

I knew it was the TECs! Even when it was the Borts!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5112 on: August 29, 2012, 09:24:13 AM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5113 on: August 29, 2012, 10:39:59 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/us/lubbock-official-tom-head-stirs-city-with-remark.html

QuoteA few days before, the county's top elected official, County Judge Tom Head, made an appearance on a local television station to generate support for the tax increase. He said he was expecting civil unrest if President Obama is re-elected, and that the president would send United Nations forces into Lubbock, population 233,740, to stop any uprising.

"He is going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N.," Mr. Head said on Fox 34 last week. "O.K., what's going to happen when that happens? I'm thinking worst-case scenario: civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war, maybe. And we're not talking just a few riots here and demonstrations. We're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy."

And if the president did send in United Nations troops, Mr. Head continued, "I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. O.K. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carriers and say, 'You're not coming in here.' And the sheriff, I've already asked him. I said, 'You gonna back me?' He said, 'Yeah, I'll back you.'

"Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there," Mr. Head said. "I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."

It'll be just like the time Clinton used the Northern Showdown of 1997 as pretense to declare martial law over the nation's vaginas.

QuoteMr. Head, a Republican who serves as the county's emergency management director and presides over the commissioner's court, made international headlines. He has not apologized, though he said that his statements were taken out of context and that he was using civil unrest only as an example of how he must prepare for worst-case scenarios.

On Monday, Mr. Head sat straight-faced and calm at the hearing as more than two dozen residents sounded off on the tax increase and his statements. In an interview, Sheriff Kelly Rowe said he never had any discussions with Mr. Head involving any Obama-related uprisings or invasions, but he declined to say what he thought of Mr. Head's remarks.

To many in Lubbock, the notion of United Nations armored personnel carriers rolling down the brick-paved Buddy Holly Avenue, past the Greyhound bus station and the Disabled American Veterans thrift store, has been an outrage and an embarrassment.

As the hearing on Monday made clear, Mr. Head and his statements have received a small but vocal chorus of support in a place that the Bay Area Center for Voting Research, based in California, once called the second-most conservative city in the country (behind Provo, Utah) among those with more than 100,000 people. A handful of residents said that Mr. Head was right in preparing for the worst.

"I believe that we need a sheriff's militia to protect Lubbock County, and get all the sheriffs in Texas to start a militia to protect Texas," Kim Wade Gatewood, 48, told the commissioners and Mr. Head.

After the hearing, Mr. Gatewood, an agricultural contractor, identified himself as the counsel general of the interim government of the Republic of Texas, which he said was not active at the moment. "If secession happens," he said, "it'll be active in a split second."

So... Will the Provisional Republic of Texas be aligned with the Republic for the united States of America in the coming race war?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5114 on: August 29, 2012, 11:30:12 AM »
I'm headed to Tampa to open a push cart selling nuts.  Anyone want to Kickstart me some capital?