News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,897 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #5325 on: October 16, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 16, 2012, 09:30:24 AM

I mean... when has this shit NOT happened?

Never.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5326 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »

And of course, another inconvenient truth right here.

No, never happens. Never, never ever, never.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5327 on: October 16, 2012, 12:10:20 PM »
It does appear, however, that Ryan's campaign didn't even get permission from the soup kitchen to hold the photo op, which is kind of wierd (I'm pretty sure Dukkais didn't break into and hot wire that tank).  Hard to beleive that the Romney/Ryan staffers couldn't find a cooperative soup kitchen in the entire state of Ohio for a photo op.  Heck, even GEORGE HUTCHINS found one (although it seems to have been erased from the Googles).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5328 on: October 16, 2012, 12:17:44 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on October 16, 2012, 12:10:20 PM
It does appear, however, that Ryan's campaign didn't even get permission from the soup kitchen to hold the photo op, which is kind of wierd (I'm pretty sure Dukkais didn't break into and hot wire that tank).  Hard to beleive that the Romney/Ryan staffers couldn't find a cooperative soup kitchen in the entire state of Ohio for a photo op.  Heck, even GEORGE HUTCHINS found one (although it seems to have been erased from the Googles).

Those 47%ers should be grateful that Ryan would even bother to consider cleaning dishes twice in their lousy soup kitchen.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5329 on: October 16, 2012, 12:40:27 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on October 16, 2012, 12:10:20 PM

They did get permission, they just didn't get it from the head of the charity who is butthurt about it, because he's INDEPENDENT GODDAMMIT!

QuoteAccording to a Romney aide not authorized to speak publicly about the event, the campaign followed its usual protocol for impromptu, on-the-road stops by candidates: A staffer was dispatched to the St. Vincent De Paul Society ahead of Ryan's visit Saturday morning and spoke with a woman in charge on site, who said that it would be fine for the congressman to stop by. The campaign did not contact Antal ahead of the visit.

Antal, as you know, is an INDEPENDENT voter, goddammit!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5331 on: October 16, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »
How are any of these examples as shamelessly and transparently cynical as walking into the kitchen of a closed soup kitchen, pulling clean pans out of the cabinets, scrubbing them for a few minutes for some cameras and then hopping back on the campaign bus?

I'm not saying no one else has engaged in equally dumb staged photo ops. I'm just saying most at least strive for some sort of patina of naturalness. That's what I found funny.

This one seems like they just said, "fuck it," and just went ahead and boiled the cynical photo op down to it's purest essence.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5332 on: October 16, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »

mmm...that's some tasty stickpoke.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5333 on: October 16, 2012, 02:20:01 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 16, 2012, 01:32:40 PM
How are any of these examples as shamelessly and transparently cynical as walking into the kitchen of a closed soup kitchen, pulling clean pans out of the cabinets, scrubbing them for a few minutes for some cameras and then hopping back on the campaign bus?

I'm not saying no one else has engaged in equally dumb staged photo ops. I'm just saying most at least strive for some sort of patina of naturalness. That's what I found funny.

This one seems like they just said, "fuck it," and just went ahead and boiled the cynical photo op down to it's purest essence.

I don't know. It seems absolutely routine to me.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5334 on: October 16, 2012, 02:34:24 PM »

I can't believe you guys forgot this:

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5335 on: October 16, 2012, 03:10:17 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 16, 2012, 02:20:01 PM

Like jury duty?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5336 on: October 16, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5337 on: October 16, 2012, 03:15:39 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 16, 2012, 03:10:17 PM

Like jury duty?

NOTHING ROUTINE ABOUT  BEING TAKEN OUT OF THE ZONE WHEN BUSINESS IS BOOMING AND THE CHEDDAR'S BEING STACKED SKY-HIGH, MAN.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5338 on: October 16, 2012, 04:38:57 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 16, 2012, 03:15:39 PM

Like jury duty?

NOTHING ROUTINE ABOUT  BEING TAKEN OUT OF THE ZONE WHEN BUSINESS IS BOOMING AND THE CHEDDAR'S BEING STACKED SKY-HIGH, MAN.

There are homeless people all over this city that need a place to park. Why fuck with my mojo, man?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5339 on: October 16, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 16, 2012, 04:38:57 PM
Quote from: PANK! on October 16, 2012, 03:15:39 PM

Like jury duty?

There are homeless people all over this city that need a place to park. Why fuck with my mojo, man?

And yet they never receive summonses.

Talk about your classic catch-22.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.