News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,832 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #480 on: October 15, 2009, 10:12:57 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 15, 2009, 10:08:16 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 10:06:02 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 15, 2009, 09:57:22 AM
QuoteTHI

And the conversation with Dan Bernstein and Hub turned to Harris being a liability and some questions about Idonije's knee. They also have Gilbert, who showed lots of potential in preseason college YouTube videos where he jumped out of a pool flat-footed.
And Marcus Harrison's been M.I.A. this year. If they can get somebody good that somebody's going to let go, they should do it. I think D-Line is one position that Angelo has consistently gotten right. Might as well go to that well one more time.

I still disagree with this. He's not even close to 2006 Tommie Harris, but he still draws double teams to free up Ogunleye and Brown and there's no way the team will bench him if he's healthy. Harrison has been a huge disappointment so far, and Gilbert is too raw, and Adams is fairly mediocre, so I wouldn't mind an upgrade next to Harris. Glenn Dorsey of the Chiefs might be availabe for cheap. He's out of place as the nose in a 3-4 defense, but could be pretty good next to Harris in a 4-3.

And just because I know its going to happen...

QuoteI still disagree with this. He's not even close to 2006 Tommie Harris, but he still draws double teams to free up Ogunleye and Brown and there's no way the team will bench him if he's healthy. Harrison has been a huge disappointment so far, and Gilbert is too raw, and Adams is fairly mediocre, so I wouldn't mind an upgrade next to Harris. Glenn Dorsey of the Chiefs might be availabe for cheap. He's out of place as the nose in a 3-4 defense, but could be pretty good next to Harris in a 4-3.

Intrepid Reader: IAN* (or Powdered Toast Man):

ELLL ESSS YOOUUUUU

It's really sad that Harris can't continue his cannon-shot toward Canton due to some horrific leg injuries. I think they might have won the Super Bowl if he'd stayed healthy. It would have been a whole new ballgame. Whole new day.

Rex was our quarterback.

You son of a b...ahh, fuck it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #481 on: October 15, 2009, 10:15:50 AM »
Remember when P'Nut stripped Emory Moorehead's boy and recoverd the fumble and Rex couldn't wait to fumble the snap and give it right fucking back to the shits-sweat savoring Colts? I do.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #482 on: October 15, 2009, 11:05:15 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 10:15:50 AM
Remember when P'Nut stripped Emory Moorehead's boy and recoverd the fumble and Rex couldn't wait to fumble the snap and give it right fucking back to the shits-sweat savoring Colts? I do.

I just remember Atheismo taunting me by having Kelvin Hayden pick Rex off and run it back for the game clinching touchdown. I remember right after 2004, when Illinois had just finished a fantastic 4-19 run in '03 and '04, and my friend the Iowa fan was taunting me about our failures, I said "well at least by moving Kelvin Hayden from wide receiver to cornerback Ron Turner got him drafted in the 2nd round!" and I rooted for him to get a starting job with the Colts and kept pointing him out as an NFL player that came from Illinois. My reward was that. I wonder if Turner felt the irony as well.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #483 on: October 15, 2009, 11:09:17 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 09:35:01 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 15, 2009, 08:58:33 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 15, 2009, 08:55:20 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 08:42:36 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 15, 2009, 08:23:45 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 15, 2009, 07:47:15 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 15, 2009, 07:42:55 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 15, 2009, 07:22:35 AM
Quote from: BearsBearsBearsB... on October 15, 2009, 12:51:01 AM
Yay?

Why? Why in the name of Atheismo would a team that's actually got a young and cheap wide receiver corps that's shown plenty of promise through the first four games of the season trade for Terrell Owens? There's absolutely nothing he's done to show that he's not in rapid decline. This team's already down a draft pick from the pick up of Cutler, there's no need to lose another one for a guy who would represent a modest improvement at best. Hester and Knox are deep threats. Bennett and Hester have both shown great hands. Olsen is bound to break out any day now. Clark is back. Forte can catch. There's absolutely no need to do something as stupid as bring in Terrell Owens and the shitstorm that comes with him and is no longer even remotely justified by his production.

TO actually doesn't send for his dickheadedness until his second season anywhere. Same thing with Plaxico.

So his comments about the playcalling and whatnot and the rumors that he's disgruntled are just to be ignored? And really? All of Plaxico's problems start in his second season? Is that why he was in Pittsburgh for five years and New York for four? And he had his first 1,000 yard season in his second year with Pitt and a then career high in touchdowns during his second year with the Giants? What a cockwallet.

TO is bitching early because he's on a shitty team. I'm sure if he landed on a contender he'd be on good behavior.

No doubt. He and McNabb got along famously that one year. Let's never speak of this turd again.

I think if somebody had a useable safety that they wanted to unload for a 3rd rounder or later the Bears should do that in a heartbeat. If they gave up a 2nd, it better be somebody really good. Hub Arkush (I know, I know) said he's heard the Bears are trying to improve the defensive line and secondary at the deadline. I hope they do both.

I wonder if that means they're looking to add depth or replace one of the starters. I can't imagine Brown or Ogunleye being in trouble after their great starts, and Harris is probably untouchable because it would make them look like morans for their continued assertions that he's still the key to the defense, so I'm wondering if they're looking for someone to supplant Anthony Adams? It's odd, because with Idonijie, Gilbert, and Mark Anderson defensive line is probably the deepest position on the roster.

Again, Hub Arkush.

But defensive depth is something you can never have enough of.

THI

And the conversation with Dan Bernstein and Hub turned to Harris being a liability and some questions about Idonije's knee. They also have Gilbert, who showed lots of potential in preseason college YouTube videos where he jumped out of a pool flat-footed.
And Marcus Harrison's been M.I.A. this year. If they can get somebody good that somebody's going to let go, they should do it. I think D-Line is one position that Angelo has consistently gotten right. Might as well go to that well one more time.

Do NFL teams in general ever make significant in-season moves? Trades are rare enough in this league, let alone ones that take place during the season (the Braylon trade is the only one that comes to mind). My guess is that Hub was either talking out of his fistula as usual, or we'll see a sign or trade on par with the fabled Matt Toeina acquisition.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #484 on: October 15, 2009, 11:31:18 AM »
Teams do make significant trades in season. Braylon Edwards for instance.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #485 on: October 15, 2009, 11:32:59 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 11:31:18 AM

In theory, the Roy Williams trade last year was significant.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #486 on: October 15, 2009, 11:33:47 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 15, 2009, 11:32:59 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 11:31:18 AM

In theory, the Roy Williams trade last year was significant.

Roy Williams is another one.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #487 on: October 15, 2009, 11:36:09 AM »
Seems like it's usually a troubled or under-acheiving asshole wide receiver getting traded though. What the Bears need is for Troy Palomalu to get drunk and kill somebody or deny the holocaust. Or something.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #488 on: October 15, 2009, 11:41:20 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 11:36:09 AM
Seems like it's usually a troubled or under-acheiving asshole wide receiver getting traded though. What the Bears need is for Troy Palomalu to get drunk and kill somebody or deny the holocaust. Or something.

Yeah, but then THEY will come for him.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #489 on: October 15, 2009, 11:43:58 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 15, 2009, 11:41:20 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 11:36:09 AM

Yeah, but then THEY will come for him.

Rush would have made midseason trades if YOU bailout whore, death panel loving, racist jerks wouldn't have stopped him.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #490 on: October 15, 2009, 01:11:21 PM »
Hussein Obama has a pathological hatred of white people.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #491 on: October 15, 2009, 01:16:57 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 15, 2009, 01:11:21 PM

Then put him on the pass rush.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #492 on: October 15, 2009, 02:14:38 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 15, 2009, 01:16:57 PM
Quote from: CBStew on October 15, 2009, 01:11:21 PM

Then put him on the pass rush.

Bench him vs. Philly though.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #493 on: October 16, 2009, 07:27:28 PM »
Adam Schefter sez the Bears have acquired Gaines Adams from Tampa for a 2nd round pick in 2010. Discuss.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #494 on: October 16, 2009, 07:59:02 PM »
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 16, 2009, 07:27:28 PM
Adam Schefter sez the Bears have acquired Gaines Adams from Tampa for a 2nd round pick in 2010. Discuss.

He is well aware of the Bears' quarterback history?

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?