News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Off to the Land of Sky Blue Waters...  ( 1,849 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Off to the Land of Sky Blue Waters...
« on: November 20, 2009, 12:24:59 PM »
Ivan "Johnnie" Vrbetic, of the eponymous Johnnie's Lounge, dead at 87...

http://www.chibarproject.com/Reviews/Johnnie%27s/Johnnie%27s.htm

QuoteEditor's Note II: According to Jason Mathews (former regular at Johnnie's Lounge and friend of Mike Stephen and his OTL-Outside the Loop radio show on WLUW), "Ivan 'Johnnie' Vrbetic passed away on October 23, 2009 at the age of 87." If and when a memorial service is held by the family, email me and I will keep you updated.

From Johnnie's Niece Tanya: "With a sad heart, I wanted to let you know that John passed away at 6pm CST tonight (10/23/09). Please pass along this information. My Uncle John was 87 years old and lived the life he wanted."

Editor's Note: In case you noticed that Johnnie's Lounge on Lincoln has been closed, alert CBP readers Jason Mathews and Steve Maks informed me that owner and bartender Johnnie fell and broke his neck while tending bar, and has been on a ventilator and laid up in Illinois Masonic Hospital for over a month. Let's hope his nurses are easy on the eyes...
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Off to the Land of Sky Blue Waters...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »
Hey, I didn't want you to get lonely in here, Champ.