News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: What the Fuck, America?  ( 4,606 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
What the Fuck, America?
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:06:39 PM »
Is it time to panic yet?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: What the Fuck, America?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 10:09:27 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 10:26:35 PM »
The price of gold has gone up so much that Jorge Soler is buying the Cubs.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 10:59:08 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 08, 2016, 10:26:35 PM

I laughed at a Forkjoke?  What's happening to this country.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 12:30:12 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 08, 2016, 10:59:08 PM

Beats me, I'm moving in with Krut.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 01:48:26 AM »
Well done, everybody.  Nice job.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 01:57:43 AM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 02:16:36 AM »
TIME TO POST!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 02:47:00 AM »
I suppose it's just as well that I didn't fire the client who pays in Japanese yen.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 05:58:17 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 09, 2016, 12:30:12 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 08, 2016, 10:59:08 PM

Beats me, I'm moving in with Krut.

I only have so many couches, and you aren't the first. I guess if you don't mind sleeping on the floor.
M'lady.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 07:03:09 AM »
An obese 70-year-old with a fast-food addiction just took the most stressful job in the world. Is he even going to make it four years?

Then again, Pence is a terrible human, too, so that might only offer a slight improvement.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 07:21:46 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 09, 2016, 07:03:09 AM
An obese 70-year-old with a fast-food addiction just took the most stressful job in the world. Is he even going to make it four years?

Then again, Pence is a terrible human, too, so that might only offer a slight improvement.

I feel like our only hope is for things to get so bad so quickly that a democratic surge will happen in the midterms. Which, y'know, has never happened before, so...
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 07:27:11 AM »
I couldn't sleep last night. Felt like I was going to throw up. Still kind of do, and I realize the terror I feel is nothing compared to what people of color and LGBTQ people and Muslims are feeling right now. I'm a straight white dude who works for a bank. I'll probably be fine.

I am having a hard time not hating the world and everyone in it right now. Even my son waking me up with his usual smile only depressed me because I'm having a hard time contemplating him growing up in an America that may not be safe or respect even basic civil liberties. I'm hopefully overreacting. I don't know. I'm probably going to take a long break from the internet and just focus on my family and friends and loved ones for awhile.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 08:01:11 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 09, 2016, 07:27:11 AM
I couldn't sleep last night. Felt like I was going to throw up. Still kind of do, and I realize the terror I feel is nothing compared to what people of color and LGBTQ people and Muslims are feeling right now. I'm a straight white dude who works for a bank. I'll probably be fine.

I am having a hard time not hating the world and everyone in it right now. Even my son waking me up with his usual smile only depressed me because I'm having a hard time contemplating him growing up in an America that may not be safe or respect even basic civil liberties. I'm hopefully overreacting. I don't know. I'm probably going to take a long break from the internet and just focus on my family and friends and loved ones for awhile.
Yea, I agree.  That will be good for you.  I think one should always enjoy their family, friends and loved ones.  But seriously, nothing changes.  We all knew this.  People wanted to pretend that because a black man was elected president, everything was magically fixed far as race was concerned.  It's not.  There are tons of people who still don't believe in equality.  There are tons of people who are afraid of immigrants coming in and taking their jobs.  Instead of working harder and better, you go out and elect a person who will throw them all out!

It is easy to look now and say how fucked up we are but look at Europe.  For al the progressive bull shit they throw at us, there are people who throw bananas as black football players and do monkey calls.  Indians constantly get called "Pakis" in England. 

It is what it is.  This world is fucked up.  I can't tell people what to do, because who am I?  But nothing changes for me.  Work hard and try to provide for the family.  Rest is all noise.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 08:39:06 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 09, 2016, 07:27:11 AM
I'm probably going to take a long break from the internet and just focus on my family and friends and loved ones for awhile.

It's all you can really do. I can appreciate the people who are coping by saying they'll "stand and fight" or whatever, but I don't feel that way. We're all totally and utterly powerless.