News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears Fans Are Concussed, Like Their Quarterback - 10/03/10.  ( 24,770 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Giants Fans Are Ghey Like Their Quarterback - 10/03/10.
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2010, 08:55:56 PM »
Quote from: BC on October 03, 2010, 08:06:02 PM
Well, the Fighting Coughlins got no points out of it. All's well that ends well.

Chip?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears Fans Are Concussed, Like Their Quarterback - 10/03/10.
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2010, 09:15:13 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 04, 2010, 08:10:11 PM
Dan Marino is NFL History's Greatest Monster.

Coming from Apex, that's something.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2010, 09:15:42 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 08:54:35 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 04, 2010, 08:21:53 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 08:14:42 PM
Quote from: CT III on October 04, 2010, 08:10:35 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 08:06:38 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 04, 2010, 08:02:01 PM
What I don't think helps is he's got a very punchable face and stupid hair. It's true. I like Jay and wish him well. My point, so none of you titheads get confused, is that a lot of fans are unable to separate personality from talent. If a guy looks/acts/is a douche and struggles a little or a lot, it's very easy to pile on and turn your back on him. Even if that guy has a lot of talent.

In this case, I think the whiner tag that he came here with is going to be very difficult for Jay to shake and that's just a fact. I don't judge him by that and I know SKO doesn't. I'm just saying a lot of people do. Also, for further clarification: those people are wieners.

I don't want Jay to be cool or friendly or pose for endless photographs with sick kids. I want him to win and not die because he's on my favorite team. So yeah, I'm pretty bummed that the offensive line decided to let him get pounded like yesterday's beef.

Indeed. We discussed this in the shoutbox the other day. Do I think he's probably a douche? Yes. He's dating Kristin Cavallari. He is actually friends with Greg Olsen outside of Halas Hall. I'm sure he's a douche. So are 99.9% of all professional athletes, which is only slightly above the 95.5% rate for the rest of the human population. But Jesus, that has nothing to do with what a guy does on the field. See: Vick, Michael. Roethlisberger, Ben. Taylor, Lawrence, and, worst of all: Marino, Dan.

You're WRONG.  Those guys are just regular blue collar joes like me, and someday they'll randomly stumble into whatever bar me and my buddies are drinking in and sit down and shoot the shit with us and realize how awesome I am and maybe get me a tryout, because damn could I play in high school.

The best part is that of all of the Bears, the one that's given us nothing but a wealth of evidence proving that he is an unmitigated douche is Urlacher, and he's the one that's beloved by all meatheads.

I'm more of a mouthbreather than a meathead and I love me some Urlacher. P'Nut's my guy though. Ever since his rookie year I've been a believer. I've watched lots of interviews and stuff with him too and firmly believe that he is NOT a douche. In fact, I believe he could be the best NFL analyst of all-time someday. I hope he does. I'd DVR all his shit and just listen like a total ghey.

I love Urlacher too, for his on field exploits. Given that this is all I can judge him on. Peanut may not be a douche, but if he was a nice guy, I can't imagine that Al Yellon wouldn't have started a foundation for HIS sick daughter.

That depends.  Could he have skimmed a profit off of it?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2010, 09:18:39 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 04, 2010, 09:15:13 PM

Dan Marino deserves nothing but the scorn of the masses. You know he rapes orphans, right? Not even because he derives pleasure from it. He just likes to hear them scream.*

*I have no evidence to back this up, but you all know it's true.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2010, 09:25:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 09:18:39 PM

Dan Marino deserves nothing but the scorn of the masses. You know he rapes orphans, right? Not even because he derives pleasure from it. He just likes to hear them scream.*

Back in undergrad, Dan Marino's HS Alum, Pittsburgh Central Catholic held its team out of the Western PA playoffs because nobody would rat out the perpetrators of a pandemic of teabagging on the the team.  While most people made priest jokes, I to this day believe Dan Marino returns to Central Catholic every year to teabag the fine young men of its football team.

After all, that is a hall of fame nutsack.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2010, 09:27:32 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on October 04, 2010, 09:25:55 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 09:18:39 PM

Back in undergrad, Dan Marino's HS Alum, Pittsburgh Central Catholic held its team out of the Western PA playoffs because nobody would rat out the perpetrators of a pandemic of teabagging on the the team.  While most people made priest jokes, I to this day believe Dan Marino returns to Central Catholic every year to teabag the fine young men of its football team.

After all, that is a hall of fame nutsack.

Thanks.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 04, 2010, 08:10:35 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 08:06:38 PM
What I don't think helps is he's got a very punchable face and stupid hair. It's true. I like Jay and wish him well. My point, so none of you titheads get confused, is that a lot of fans are unable to separate personality from talent. If a guy looks/acts/is a douche and struggles a little or a lot, it's very easy to pile on and turn your back on him. Even if that guy has a lot of talent.

In this case, I think the whiner tag that he came here with is going to be very difficult for Jay to shake and that's just a fact. I don't judge him by that and I know SKO doesn't. I'm just saying a lot of people do. Also, for further clarification: those people are wieners.

I don't want Jay to be cool or friendly or pose for endless photographs with sick kids. I want him to win and not die because he's on my favorite team. So yeah, I'm pretty bummed that the offensive line decided to let him get pounded like yesterday's beef.

Indeed. We discussed this in the shoutbox the other day. Do I think he's probably a douche? Yes. He's dating Kristin Cavallari. He is actually friends with Greg Olsen outside of Halas Hall. I'm sure he's a douche. So are 99.9% of all professional athletes, which is only slightly above the 95.5% rate for the rest of the human population. But Jesus, that has nothing to do with what a guy does on the field. See: Vick, Michael. Roethlisberger, Ben. Taylor, Lawrence, and, worst of all: Marino, Dan.

You're WRONG.  Those guys are just regular blue collar joes like me, and someday they'll randomly stumble into whatever bar me and my buddies are drinking in and sit down and shoot the shit with us and realize how awesome I am and maybe get me a tryout, because damn could I play in high school.

Quote from: Eli on October 26, 2009, 10:51:00 AM
Dear Chase,

I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so much alike. I would love to meet you someday. It would be great to have a catch. I know I can't throw as fast as you, but I think you would be impressed by my speed. I love you hair. You run fast. Did you have a good relationship with your father? Me neither. These are all things we can talk about. And more. I know you have not been getting my letters because I know you would write back if you did. And I hope you write back this time and we get to be good friends. I'm sure our relationship would be a real home run.

Mac
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2010, 10:38:25 PM »
I don't want to spam up the messageboard by starting a thread for this, so I'll stick it here.

Tailgaiters... or friends of such: Do you want to be in a Craftsman commericial? If you or someobody you know has rigged up some Chicago sports team stuff and likes to tailgate with it, let me know and I'll set you up with a dude who is looking for "talent" for some advertisements for Craftsman. If you know somebody that has painted a van Bears colors or constructed a nacho helmet or whatever, they could be famous for their ingenuity. Yay?

Here's the lowdown. I promise it's legit.

----

It's a Craftsman sponsored event/ show that will detail some of the innovations from the DIY tailgating community.  Please let me know soon if you know of anyone that would be interested in talking about their personalized item while being filmed.

Premise:
Bring in various individuals from the (DIY) football/baseball/basketball/hockey community to talk about their history with their own sports team and their unique innovations.  This will be focused on the Do it Yourself aspect through personalization of things such as: 

·    Barbecue pits/ grills
·    Deep fryers,
·    Winnebago's,
·    Transportation to the game (Vans, Trucks, Trailers, Buses, etc.)
·    Clothing and gear
·    Food and beverage dispensers.

---

Thanks for any info you can throw out.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2010, 01:51:33 AM »

I love you, not in a gay way but as a very appreciative Desipio reader, for the fact that you can take what us uncreative people are thinking, and you put it in writing for us.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2010, 07:21:04 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 05:55:30 PM
Quote from: PenPho on October 04, 2010, 05:23:36 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 01:11:01 PM
He's good enough to win you a championship in the NFL if you block for him, especially with a defense playing the way Chicago's is right now. You want to say he's not? Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger (say what you will now, but in 2005 the guy sucked in the Superbowl), Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, and Jim Plunkett all disagree. I'm so tired of arguing Jay Cutler vs. Platonic Ideal Quarterback.

Cutler aside, I'm not sure I understand this point...are you pointing out guys who had bad seasons, but then won Super Bowls or guys who had bad Super Bowls and won them or just guys who only had a few good seasons?

Because the above list seems like a mix of all those things.

I'm saying I don't get what people don't "buy" about Jay Cutler. He's a good quarterback. Maybe not a future Hall of Famer like Manning, Brees, or Brady, but good enough when he has time to throw. There are plenty of quarterbacks who aren't HOF-Caliber who have won Superbowls. I just don't get what it is people think Cutler will "never do." Bears fans and the media seem to have some vague, undefinable "it" factor that Cutler can never attain. I guess quarterbacks that have "it" just shake off historically bad offensive lines and a complete lack of a running game and singlehandedly win games. He's certainly as good as or on par with any of those mediocrities that won Superbowls (at least Eli and Roethlisberger were pretty mediocre at the time). Clear enough?

His career QB rating and rate +, TD%, completion %, YPA, Adjusted YPA, and Net Adjusted YPA are all above average. He throws too many picks, yeah, but if he threw so many that it outweighed his good qualities than his rating and Net Adjusted YPA wouldn't be above average. There are probably only five or so quarterbacks I'd rather have than him (Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, P. Manning, Brady, and Roethlisberger(if judged solely by his on field activities)). So he's not perfect. He's also really young with plenty of time to grow and the fact that he's accomplished what he has this year behind that line is nothing short of extraordinary. This whole debate boils down to People Who Think Cutler Suck for Reasons Mostly Beyond His Control vs. Strawman of Bears Fans who Think Cutler is a Straight Up Peyton Manning Clone. He's good. There are some better, but there are a hell of a lot more than that who are worse.

For the meatheads he doesn't show enough FIRE OR PASHUN during the game. He needs to be constantly screaming and yelling at everybody in order to for the Bears to win.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2010, 07:34:27 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 05, 2010, 07:21:04 AM
He's good enough to win you a championship in the NFL if you block for him, especially with a defense playing the way Chicago's is right now. You want to say he's not? Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger (say what you will now, but in 2005 the guy sucked in the Superbowl), Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, and Jim Plunkett all disagree. I'm so tired of arguing Jay Cutler vs. Platonic Ideal Quarterback.

Cutler aside, I'm not sure I understand this point...are you pointing out guys who had bad seasons, but then won Super Bowls or guys who had bad Super Bowls and won them or just guys who only had a few good seasons?

I'm saying I don't get what people don't "buy" about Jay Cutler. He's a good quarterback. Maybe not a future Hall of Famer like Manning, Brees, or Brady, but good enough when he has time to throw. There are plenty of quarterbacks who aren't HOF-Caliber who have won Superbowls. I just don't get what it is people think Cutler will "never do." Bears fans and the media seem to have some vague, undefinable "it" factor that Cutler can never attain. I guess quarterbacks that have "it" just shake off historically bad offensive lines and a complete lack of a running game and singlehandedly win games. He's certainly as good as or on par with any of those mediocrities that won Superbowls (at least Eli and Roethlisberger were pretty mediocre at the time). Clear enough?

His career QB rating and rate +, TD%, completion %, YPA, Adjusted YPA, and Net Adjusted YPA are all above average. He throws too many picks, yeah, but if he threw so many that it outweighed his good qualities than his rating and Net Adjusted YPA wouldn't be above average. There are probably only five or so quarterbacks I'd rather have than him (Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, P. Manning, Brady, and Roethlisberger(if judged solely by his on field activities)). So he's not perfect. He's also really young with plenty of time to grow and the fact that he's accomplished what he has this year behind that line is nothing short of extraordinary. This whole debate boils down to People Who Think Cutler Suck for Reasons Mostly Beyond His Control vs. Strawman of Bears Fans who Think Cutler is a Straight Up Peyton Manning Clone. He's good. There are some better, but there are a hell of a lot more than that who are worse.

For the meatheads he doesn't show enough FIRE OR PASHUN during the game. He needs to be constantly screaming and yelling at everybody in order to for the Bears to win.

He's the Carlos Zambrano of football, except the opposite when it comes to showing emotion.  So in that way, he's like the Milton Bradley of football.  But he's white, so he's a  little more likeable. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2010, 07:35:50 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 05, 2010, 07:34:27 AM

He's the Carlos Zambrano of football, except the opposite when it comes to showing emotion.  So in that way, he's like the Milton Bradley of football.  But he's white, so he's a  little more likeable. 

Dubbs..is...right?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2010, 07:43:47 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2010, 07:35:50 AM

Dubbs..is...right?

That sound you heard is the opening of the fourth seal.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »

Dubbs..is...right?

I'm.... not... sure.. he.... is?

Milton was a complete assface to everyone. Jay, for the most part, has been a pretty nice guy to the media.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2010, 09:57:51 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 05, 2010, 09:49:40 AM

Dubbs..is...right?

I'm.... not... sure.. he.... is?

Milton was a complete assface to everyone. Jay, for the most part, has been a pretty nice guy to the media.

I though the Zambrano comparison was more apt. They're both the balls and yet are hated for their personality and their on-field performance is judged by some vague, unquantifiable standard. CARLOS ISN'T AN ACE because he hasn't ever won 20 games or won a World Series while Jay just ISN'T A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK because he loses a lot of games, and as we all know, good quarterbacks never play for losing teams. It just doesn't happen.