News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears Fans Are Concussed, Like Their Quarterback - 10/03/10.  ( 24,762 )

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Bears Fans Are Concussed, Like Their Quarterback - 10/03/10.
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2010, 10:11:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2010, 09:57:51 AM

I though the Zambrano comparison was more apt. They're both the balls and yet are hated for their personality and their on-field performance is judged by some vague, unquantifiable standard. CARLOS ISN'T AN ACE because he hasn't ever won 20 games or won a World Series while Jay just ISN'T A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK because he loses a lot of games, and as we all know, good quarterbacks never play for losing teams. It just doesn't happen.

I would say that Carlos isn't an ace primarily because his control isn't good enough.  QUANTIFY THAT.  I also think that the arrow on Jake's career is pointing upwards, whereas the soon-to-be-30 Carlos goes down from here.

Comparison: Shitty.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2010, 10:13:57 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2010, 09:57:51 AM
I though the Zambrano comparison was more apt. They're both the balls and yet are hated for their personality and their on-field performance is judged by some vague, unquantifiable standard. CARLOS ISN'T AN ACE because he hasn't ever won 20 games or won a World Series while Jay just ISN'T A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK because he loses a lot of games, and as we all know, good quarterbacks never play for losing teams. It just doesn't happen.

Ok, I can't disagree with that. Also, I meant to say this after your 10th 3,000 word post, but damn you can be long-winded sometimes, but fuck, I don't know if there's anyone else I'd rather go with me in a Bears fan battle. If it's tug-of-war, we're flipping the coin for the back.

Also, I wanted to address this after the Packers game, but I never got around to it. The consensus after the game was that the Packers were dumb for kicking to Hester. I disagree. Nothing about the Bears' punt return (aside from that return) has shown me that they are a force to be reckoned with like they were in the Super Bowl year (and the year after). The threat is always there with Devin but the same can be made for any returner, because there are some fast morgans out there.

Also, on that same accord, if someone has a TD return, I don't understand the fear of kicking to them in subsequent KOs/Punts. Statistically speaking, if someone gets a TD on a punt return (or KO), the likelihood of them returning the next for a TD drops dramatically. (Lovie should pay attention to that, e.g. Falcons 2008) The situation in Seattle, where Washington took two back, I would have to say is more of an anomaly as opposed to anything else.

Quote from: Ivy6 on October 05, 2010, 10:11:12 AM
I would say that Carlos isn't an ace primarily because his control isn't good enough.  QUANTIFY THAT.  I also think that the arrow on Jake's career is pointing upwards, whereas the soon-to-be-30 Carlos goes down from here.

Comparison: Shitty.

I would blow Z. I would blow Cutler. Comparison: Apt.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2010, 10:17:55 AM »
I don't like the strange perception that Cutler doesn't have the FIRE AN PASHIN to lead an NFL team. When I see this guy take the kind of punishment he's taken the past two years and continue to peel himself up off the turf and keep slinging the fucking rock all over the field it tells me all I need to know about how motivated and proud and tough he is. A common motherfucker would bitch out and refuse to continue to work. A weak-minded individual would blow up and scream bloody murder or demand a trade.

Cry baby? Give me a fuckin' break.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: October 05, 2010, 10:22:43 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 05, 2010, 10:17:55 AM
I don't like the strange perception that Cutler doesn't have the FIRE AN PASHIN to lead an NFL team. When I see this guy take the kind of punishment he's taken the past two years and continue to peel himself up off the turf and keep slinging the fucking rock all over the field it tells me all I need to know about how motivated and proud and tough he is. A common motherfucker would bitch out and refuse to continue to work. A weak-minded individual would blow up and scream bloody murder or demand a trade.

Right there with you. He's far from a crybaby. I may think I'm quite the stud because of my AWESOME HS football credentials, but there's no fucking way I can call any of them crybabies or pussies, because one hit from Jay Feely, and I'd be down for the count.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2010, 10:25:06 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 05, 2010, 10:22:43 AM

Right there with you. He's far from a crybaby. I may think I'm quite the stud because of my AWESOME HS football credentials, but there's no fucking way I can call any of them crybabies or pussies, because one hit from Jay Feely, and I'd be down for the count.

It's al relative. But how do you think Phillip Rivers or Ben Rapelisburger would react to the kind of on and off-field hits this dude has taken since he got here? Not half as well as Jay, I promise you. I defy anyone to argue otherwise. Fuck you.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2010, 10:53:48 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 04, 2010, 08:02:01 PMWhat I don't think helps is he's got a very punchable face and stupid hair. It's true. I like Jay and wish him well. My point, so none of you titheads get confused, is that a lot of fans are unable to separate personality from talent. If a guy looks/acts/is a douche and struggles a little or a lot, it's very easy to pile on and turn your back on him. Even if that guy has a lot of talent.

In this case, I think the whiner tag that he came here with is going to be very difficult for Jay to shake and that's just a fact. I don't judge him by that and I know SKO doesn't. I'm just saying a lot of people do. Also, for further clarification: those people are wieners.

I don't want Jay to be cool or friendly or pose for endless photographs with sick kids. I want him to win and not die because he's on my favorite team. So yeah, I'm pretty bummed that the offensive line decided to let him get pounded like yesterday's beef.

All that. If Cutler and Joakim were Packers or Vikings or Knicks I'd want them to die for being douches. But they're OUR douches. So I like them.

Also them. Obviously I'm biased here but I think Cutler's assbaggery, other than the occasional hangdog look after getting his nuts stomped, is kept off the field. He may have threesomes with Hills stars and G-Reg and be the Crown Prince of Chaddery once he leaves Halas Hall, but at least he's not a preening smarmdickle presenting his ass to fans like Rodgers was last week.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 05, 2010, 10:53:48 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 04, 2010, 08:02:01 PMWhat I don't think helps is he's got a very punchable face and stupid hair. It's true. I like Jay and wish him well. My point, so none of you titheads get confused, is that a lot of fans are unable to separate personality from talent. If a guy looks/acts/is a douche and struggles a little or a lot, it's very easy to pile on and turn your back on him. Even if that guy has a lot of talent.

In this case, I think the whiner tag that he came here with is going to be very difficult for Jay to shake and that's just a fact. I don't judge him by that and I know SKO doesn't. I'm just saying a lot of people do. Also, for further clarification: those people are wieners.

I don't want Jay to be cool or friendly or pose for endless photographs with sick kids. I want him to win and not die because he's on my favorite team. So yeah, I'm pretty bummed that the offensive line decided to let him get pounded like yesterday's beef.

All that. If Cutler and Joakim were Packers or Vikings or Knicks I'd want them to die for being douches. But they're OUR douches. So I like them.

Also them. Obviously I'm biased here but I think Cutler's assbaggery, other than the occasional hangdog look after getting his nuts stomped, is kept off the field. He may have threesomes with Hills stars and G-Reg and be the Crown Prince of Chaddery once he leaves Halas Hall, but at least he's not a preening smarmdickle presenting his ass to fans like Rodgers was last week.

How do you compare Cutler to Noah? When did Cutler ever manage to take two full seasons off from caring or competing and basically acting like a professional. One decent year from Noah and everybody in Chicago is treating him like he's fucking Spiderman. That's so Chcago. (replaces Tyler Colvin's dong in mouth)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: October 05, 2010, 11:47:46 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 05, 2010, 10:25:06 AM

It's al relative. But how do you think Phillip Rivers or Ben Rapelisburger would react to the kind of on and off-field hits this dude has taken since he got here? Not half as well as Jay, I promise you. I defy anyone to argue otherwise. Fuck you.

Fuck me for responding to this, but I think we've already seen how Ben responds to countless on-field hits, playing behind that shit offensive line for years.

As for the off-field hits, he certainly took plenty after the motorcycle crash and the first rape accusation (and just the myriad, confirmed suspicions that he's always been a gigantic douchebag).

I guess we'll see more after he returns this time, but he's certainly taken plenty of hits, both off and on the field.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2010, 11:52:04 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 05, 2010, 11:47:46 AM

Fuck me for responding to this, but I think we've already seen how Ben responds to countless on-field hits, playing behind that shit offensive line for years.

As for the off-field hits, he certainly took plenty after the motorcycle crash and the first rape accusation (and just the myriad, confirmed suspicions that he's always been a gigantic douchebag).

I guess we'll see more after he returns this time, but he's certainly taken plenty of hits, both off and on the field.

I'd say the raping and the fact that his teammates reportedly hate his guts are indicators that Ben is who we thought he is. And he can come back and play decent and let the best defense in pro-football carry his team deep into the playoffs. Then you'll undoubtedly come in here and act like you were right. I'm going to set my watch to that and wear it on my belt.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2010, 11:53:39 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 05, 2010, 11:52:04 AM

I'd say the raping and the fact that his teammates reportedly hate his guts are indicators that Ben is who we thought he is.

A white version of you?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »

I'd say the raping and the fact that his teammates reportedly hate his guts are indicators that Ben is who we thought he is.

If we already know how Ben would/will respond than what was the point of your post?
To say that Jay would respond better?

Didn't Roethlisberger respond to the first wave of hits by winning the 2nd Super Bowl?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2010, 11:55:22 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 05, 2010, 11:53:39 AM

A white version of you?

Wait, I raped somebody and crashed my motorcycle and all my co-workers hate me? Damn, I must have been drunk.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 05, 2010, 11:54:57 AM

If we already know how Ben would/will respond than what was the point of your post?

Didn't Roethlisberger respond to the first wave of hits by winning the 2nd Super Bowl and committing rape?

Yes.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 05, 2010, 11:57:00 AM

Didn't Roethlisberger respond to the first wave of hits by winning the 2nd Super Bowl and committing rapel?

Yes.

That was a whole year after the second Super Bowl.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2010, 11:59:31 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 05, 2010, 11:58:14 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 05, 2010, 11:57:00 AM

Didn't Roethlisberger respond to the first wave of hits by winning the 2nd Super Bowl and committing rapel?

Yes.

That was a whole year after the second Super Bowl.

That doesn't matter.