News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Poll

What say you, Desipio? With the influx of information that kids are getting fucked up more than we knew from football, would/will you let your son (or daughter, I guess) play?

Fuck, no
Definitely. My kid's not a pussy
Depends on what the wife says. I'd like to get some again someday

Author Topic: Your kids are concussed, like Yeti (or by Yeti)  ( 7,704 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Your kids are concussed, like Yeti (or by Yeti)
« on: October 06, 2010, 03:10:46 PM »
With the recent uproar over concussions at the HS and youth levels, there's some speculation that the participation in HS and youth football will suffer a decline.

As a football meatball, I am inclined to say I'd let them play regardless. {football story-ish} Although, many may beg to differ, I don't recall any situation personally about being concussed or having any sort of head issues from playing. I distinctly recall getting kneed in the head while trying to do a chop block, but I can't imagine a time where I have gotten hurt like that. That failed chop didn't hurt from my recollection. {/football story}

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your kids are concussed, like Yeti (or by Yeti)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 03:12:56 PM »
My 10-year-old son already plays full-gear tackle football.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 03:17:03 PM »
The fact that Yeti doesn't remember his many, obvious head injuries is not surprising in the least.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 03:17:17 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 06, 2010, 03:12:56 PM
My 10-year-old son already plays full-gear tackle football.

Morph Jr.'s more of a man than that pussy Utler will ever be.

And he doesn't need "synthetic insulin" to regulate his blood sugar.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 06, 2010, 03:10:46 PM
With the recent uproar over concussions at the HS and youth levels, As a result of Sunday night's Bears game, there's some speculation that the participation in HS and youth football will suffer a decline.

Caleb Hanie'd

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 03:26:22 PM »
If my son wants to play I'd let him. If he wants to be a ballet star I'll let him do that. If he chooses the former he can have a nice talk with Uncle Brad. If he chooses the latter I'll have him give Fork a call.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 03:37:38 PM »
I'd let him play, but I'd like to see some advancement in helmet technology.  Hard to believe that there isn't some cushy gel stuff that would work better than the padding there now.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 03:40:40 PM »
He'll play. He'll have his seven step drop down a week after he takes his first one. If he can't identify two deep safeties by kindergarten I'm going to demand a new one. And spongebob can only come on after a minimum of three hours of game tape.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 03:44:46 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2010, 03:40:40 PM
He'll play. He'll have his seven step drop down a week after he takes his first one. If he can't identify two deep safeties by kindergarten I'm going to demand a new one. And spongebob can only come on after a minimum of three hours of game tape Ryan Mallett idolatry.

Armcocked

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 03:48:51 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on October 06, 2010, 03:44:46 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2010, 03:40:40 PM
He'll play. He'll have his seven step drop down a week after he takes his first one. If he can't identify two deep safeties by kindergarten I'm going to demand a new one. And spongebob can only come on after a minimum of three hours of game tape Ryan Mallett idolatry.

Armcocked

How dare you take a shot at Ryan Mallett's armcock. Losing to the best defense in the country for the last three years is nothing to fret about. Peyton Manning was 0-3 against Florida and threw a game clinching pick six his senior year. Therefore Ryan Mallett is still fine and will be the greatest quarterback not named Cutler ever.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »
I would probably be inclined to allow my son to play, but only after he became fully aware of the possible consequences.  If he still decides to do so after that, more power to him.

SGil might beg to differ, however.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 04:06:21 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 06, 2010, 03:37:38 PM
I'd let him play, but I'd like to see some advancement in helmet technology.  Hard to believe that there isn't some cushy gel stuff that would work better than the padding there now.

Hasn't Yeti already offered to inject cushy gel stuff into the helmet of any 10 year old boy who's interested?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 04:09:14 PM »
DPD, but the poll choices suck.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 04:19:30 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 06, 2010, 03:55:58 PM
I would probably be inclined to allow my son to play, but only after he became fully aware of the possible consequences.  If he still decides to do so after that, more power to him.

SGil might beg to differ, however.

This is where I'd really like to come down on it.  But at what age are they really bright enough to properly digest risk analysis, medical information, etc.  14?  Probably.  7?  Probably not.  The 7 year-old needs me to make these kinds of decisions for him.

I have some strong pussy tendencies on this subject, and so I voted "fuck no" for lack of a better option.  But having a toddler and knowing this will probably come up down the road, assuming he doesn't run off to Fork's ballet academy...I wrestle with this one big time.   

I can certainly respect all sides of this debate.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 04:20:01 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 06, 2010, 04:09:14 PM
DPD, but the poll choices suck.

I'm historically unfunny. It's tough for me to come up with something good.

Nice DPD fail, though