News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Albie would like a new nickname  ( 5,094 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Albie would like a new nickname
« on: February 26, 2010, 03:09:31 PM »
Since El Hombre is apparently a no-go, Albert would like a new nickname.

Albert Pujols requested Friday, via the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Bernie Miklasz, that media and fans refrain from calling him "El Hombre."
Pujols believes it's disrespectful to Cardinals legend Stan Musial, who can often be seen by Albert's side during Opening Day festivities in St. Louis. "I don't want to be called that," Pujols said. "There is one man that gets that respect, and that's Stan Musial. He's the Man. He's the Man in St. Louis. And I know 'El Hombre' means 'The Man' in Spanish. But Stan is The Man. You can call me whatever else you want, but just don't call me El Hombre."

I'm hoping this nets out at "Prince Albert", so that the Tards fans can think it's a compliment and not realize that they're calling him a Punctured Dong.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Albie would like a new nickname
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 26, 2010, 03:09:31 PM

Albert Pujols requested Friday, via the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Bernie Miklasz, that media and fans refrain from calling him "El Hombre."
Pujols believes it's disrespectful to Cardinals legend Stan Musial, who can often be seen by Albert's side during Opening Day festivities in St. Louis. "I don't want to be called that," Pujols said. "There is one man that gets that respect, and that's Stan Musial. He's the Man. He's the Man in St. Louis. And I know 'El Hombre' means 'The Man' in Spanish. But Stan is The Man. You can call me whatever else you want, but just don't call me El Hombre."

I'm hoping this nets out at "Prince Albert", so that the Tards fans can think it's a compliment and not realize that they're calling him a Punctured Dong.

The proof is in the puffing.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 03:18:16 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 26, 2010, 03:16:00 PM

The proof is in the puffing.

I motion that whatever nickname Wheezer wants to give Albie, should be his official nickname.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 03:18:23 PM »
El Garbanzo Bean

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 03:20:53 PM »
El Abuelo?

El Hombre mas Viejo que Stan El Hombre?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »
Has "Roided Up Freak" been taken by anybody?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »
El hormona de crecimiento humana

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 03:32:41 PM »
"Dientes de la Chucha" is probably too wordy.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 03:34:05 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 26, 2010, 03:32:41 PM
"Dientes de la Chucha" is probably too wordy.

JAJAJA.  Me gusta.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 03:35:10 PM »
Albert "Einstein's Thierry of Dave Wannstedt's Relativity to Ryan Harvey in RF" Pujols

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
Albert Bancroft

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 03:36:24 PM »
Wetback
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 03:40:59 PM »

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 03:46:22 PM »

Good band name.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 03:48:38 PM »
el aguja