News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Phil Rogers' time machine  ( 28,196 )

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Phil Rogers' time machine
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2009, 12:05:57 PM »
If there's one thing an Andy McPhail run organization is an expert on....it's player development!

How does Phil Rogers remain employed?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2009, 12:10:18 PM »
QuoteBut with the Orioles looking at a 12th consecutive losing season, a baseball game can just be a baseball game.

Ladies and Gentlemen your 2009 Baltimore Orioles!

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2009, 12:23:06 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on March 30, 2009, 11:35:53 AM
I interpreted to mean that the Orioles are a more laid-back organization that Phil thinks is more conducive for players like Hill and Pie to develop in. Less pressure and less attention.

I don't agree with that, but I think it's Phil's way of jabbing the Cubs and it doesn't work.

That's what I thought, too.  This is really stupid regardless.

Let me see if I have this right.  The Orioles have a horrible team.  They have been horrible for well over a decade. The players, the manager, the press, and the fans don't give a shit about winning.  Therefore, the Orioles have a superior organization to the Cubs.

Yeah! Way to kick the Cubs ass with that one, Phil.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
So... You can suck and it doesn't matter that much because your team sucks too and has no one better down in Rochester with whom to replace you.  And if you get lit up, everyone in town will be too busy wondering about the Ravens or the Redskins to care.

Yeah, what a career move!

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 30, 2009, 12:24:27 PM
So... You can suck and it doesn't matter that much because your team sucks too and has no one better down in Rochester with whom to replace you.  And if you get lit up, everyone in town will be too busy wondering about the Ravens or the Redskins to care.

Yeah, but you'll FEEL better about everything because no meanie is breathing down your neck to throw f*cking strikes/hit the f*cking ball.  That's a real team right there, yes sir.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2009, 12:31:35 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on March 30, 2009, 12:30:06 PM

Yeah, but you'll FEEL better about everything because no meanie is breathing down your neck to throw f*cking strikes/hit the f*cking ball.  That's a real team right there, yes sir.

Feelings are for homos and liberals

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2009, 11:57:25 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 30, 2009, 12:31:35 PM

Nice avatar, Yeti.  Does Agador Spartacus clean windows too?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2009, 08:51:34 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on March 30, 2009, 11:57:25 PM

The shoes, they make Yeti fall down.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2009, 10:08:53 AM »
Quote from: Jon on March 31, 2009, 08:51:34 AM

No! I'm gonna look like a fag!

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 11:22:41 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on April 01, 2009, 10:08:53 AM
Quote from: Jon on March 31, 2009, 08:51:34 AM

No! I'm gonna look like a fag!

There are pills for that. And they did studies on those pills.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 12:00:11 PM »
I think Phil might have brain cancer.

QuoteAt this time last season, Wise was quietly going to work every morning in the Sox's minor league camp. Few knew he was even there. He's with his fourth big league team and holds a .214 batting average and .254 on-base percentage after 240 big league games.

And this is the guy Williams and Guillen have picked to lead off for a team they privately believe should cruise to an American League Central title?

That's confidence.

One good thing about leading off with Wise is that it protects two guys who would make more sense there: rookie Chris Getz, penciled in at No. 2, and 2008 stud Alexei Ramirez, who could hit as low as eighth against right-handers.

Having a strong leadoff hitter is hardly essential to winning, however. There are only about 10 of those guys in the major leagues, and not all are on playoff teams. No need to trade for Juan Pierre to get one.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-01-rogers-baseball-apr01,0,2361957,print.column

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »
Quote from: RV on April 01, 2009, 12:00:11 PM

QuoteAt this time last season, Wise was quietly going to work every morning in the Sox's minor league camp. Few knew he was even there. He's with his fourth big league team and holds a .214 batting average and .254 on-base percentage after 240 big league games.

And this is the guy Williams and Guillen have picked to lead off for a team they privately believe should cruise to an American League Central title?

That's confidence.

One good thing about leading off with Wise is that it protects two guys who would make more sense there: rookie Chris Getz, penciled in at No. 2, and 2008 stud Alexei Ramirez, who could hit as low as eighth against right-handers.

Having a strong leadoff hitter is hardly essential to winning, however. There are only about 10 of those guys in the major leagues, and not all are on playoff teams. No need to trade for Juan Pierre to get one.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-01-rogers-baseball-apr01,0,2361957,print.column

Maybe he's just displaying his rapist's wit. Nah.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 01, 2009, 12:12:30 PM

That's confidence.

I'd actually Agree with Phil that a strong leadoff hitter Isn't essential to winning. What I'd disagree with is the idea that the you don't need good hitters at all, a philosophy the White Sox seem to be embracing. And my God am I tired of the shlop job the media is doing over Alexei Ramirez of the .290 BA with the .317 OBP.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2009, 02:35:14 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 01, 2009, 02:31:15 PM

That's confidence.

I'd actually Agree with Phil that a strong leadoff hitter Isn't essential to winning. What I'd disagree with is the idea that the you don't need good hitters at all, a philosophy the White Sox seem to be embracing. And my God am I tired of the shlop job the media is doing over Alexei Ramirez of the .290 BA with the .317 OBP.

What I disagree with is the notion that Juan Pierre should have more at-bats than anyone else on a team.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 01, 2009, 02:31:15 PM

That's confidence.

He hit a GRAND SLAM once!  A grand slam!