News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2014 General NFL Thread  ( 28,043 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2014 General NFL Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 10:46:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 16, 2014, 10:38:39 AM
Quote from: Bort on September 16, 2014, 10:13:19 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 16, 2014, 10:10:21 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 16, 2014, 09:36:56 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 12, 2014, 11:27:09 PM
Today I've learned a horrifying number of people think that beating a kid bloody is just good old fashioned discipline.  Guh.

I've abused my kids. I let one of them talk on a podcast.

I like that kid. I have no idea how you raised that kid. His mother must be one incredibly rational human being.

I realized I was getting old when I said something about Bob Brenly's angry old uncle routine wearing on me toward the end of his run here and he said something about "not being old enough to really remember Bob's early years" with the Cubs and I wondered how a person could be that young and be on the internet. I WAS THE YOUNG GUY ON THE INTERNET ONCE. Then I turn around and I've spent seven years with you people.

Nothing makes me cackle with more glee than Millennials facing their own mortality.

Well, Boomers actually dying might be more satisfying.

I just turned 26. Like, even at 25 you're still allowed to be a fuckup. But at 26 you're just considered an adult in every sense of the word and it SUCKS. I moved back into a dorm in protest.

It's even worse nowadays. LeBron wasn't allowed to have a press conference at a Boys and Girls Club at 25 to announce he was changing teams. You would think he had beaten those kids with switches rather than donated hundreds of computers to them. You've been fucking up for a long time SKO. And hell is coming to breakfast.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 10:51:29 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 16, 2014, 10:46:59 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 16, 2014, 10:38:39 AM
Today I've learned a horrifying number of people think that beating a kid bloody is just good old fashioned discipline.  Guh.

I like that kid. I have no idea how you raised that kid. His mother must be one incredibly rational human being.

I realized I was getting old when I said something about Bob Brenly's angry old uncle routine wearing on me toward the end of his run here and he said something about "not being old enough to really remember Bob's early years" with the Cubs and I wondered how a person could be that young and be on the internet. I WAS THE YOUNG GUY ON THE INTERNET ONCE. Then I turn around and I've spent seven years with you people.

Nothing makes me cackle with more glee than Millennials facing their own mortality.

I just turned 26. Like, even at 25 you're still allowed to be a fuckup. But at 26 you're just considered an adult in every sense of the word and it SUCKS. I moved back into a dorm in protest.

It's even worse nowadays. LeBron wasn't allowed to have a press conference at a Boys and Girls Club at 25 to announce he was changing teams. You would think he had beaten those kids with switches rather than donated hundreds of computers to them. You've been fucking up for a long time SKO. And hell is coming to breakfast.

I laughed at this. Like, really loudly
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 10:56:41 AM »
Quote from: flannj on September 16, 2014, 10:32:30 AM

All in good time. We've got to finish screwing up the entire world first.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 16, 2014, 10:56:41 AM
Quote from: flannj on September 16, 2014, 10:32:30 AM

All in good time. We've got to finish screwing up the entire world first.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 05:14:50 PM »
I'm no boomer. Besides:

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »
Kenilworth lol

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2014, 09:24:09 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 16, 2014, 05:14:50 PM
I'm no boomer. Besides:

Holy shit: 14k per student?!? we're outspending our affluent neighbors by FIFTY PERCENT?

Brown for School Board!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 16, 2014, 09:24:09 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 16, 2014, 05:14:50 PM
I'm no boomer. Besides:

Holy shit: 14k per student?!? we're outspending our affluent neighbors by FIFTY PERCENT?

Brown for School Board!

Go with a timeless classic: Brown v. Board of Education

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 10:06:55 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 16, 2014, 09:24:09 PM

Brown for School Board!

You only have one kid.  You're being subsidized!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 04:25:10 PM »
And now Jonathan Dwyer gets arrested for domestic violence.

STOP. HITTING. PEOPLE.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2014, 09:02:48 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 17, 2014, 04:25:10 PM

STOP. HITTING. PEOPLE.

These guys do lots and lots and lots and lots of PEDs and get hit in the head about 20 times on a good day.

What could go wrong?

When people talked about the head trauma issue over the past couple of years it was couched in a tone of, "Well, they know the risks (to themselves). They do what they want and they're well compensated."

What the NFL knew and what we should have suspected was that the trauma causes many of them to do terrible things. Same thing happens to people affected by war, auto accidents or other trauma.

This is why the NFL covered shit up. Too late to plug that hole now. This sport is not long for the planet.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2014, 09:18:49 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 18, 2014, 09:02:48 AM

STOP. HITTING. PEOPLE.

These guys do lots and lots and lots and lots of PEDs and get hit in the head about 20 times on a good day.

What could go wrong?

When people talked about the head trauma issue over the past couple of years it was couched in a tone of, "Well, they know the risks (to themselves). They do what they want and they're well compensated."

What the NFL knew and what we should have suspected was that the trauma causes many of them to do terrible things. Same thing happens to people affected by war, auto accidents or other trauma.

This is why the NFL covered shit up. Too late to plug that hole now. This sport is not long for the planet.

I think that's far too convenient an answer. There are hundreds of football players with no domestic violence or really any other kind of violent issues. I do not buy that playing a violent sport makes someone some kind of violent animal. These are thinking, feeling human beings capable of more than just acting like cavemen.

I don't think concussions are to play here, either. I think sometimes people are just bad people. Adrian Peterson's mental faculties are perfectly fine. He clearly just thinks beating children with tree limbs is appropriate punishment. if that's a concussion side effect it's a damn peculiar one.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2014, 10:20:41 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 18, 2014, 09:18:49 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on September 18, 2014, 09:02:48 AM

STOP. HITTING. PEOPLE.

What could go wrong?

I think that's far too convenient an answer. There are hundreds of football players with no domestic violence or really any other kind of violent issues. I do not buy that playing a violent sport makes someone some kind of violent animal. These are thinking, feeling human beings capable of more than just acting like cavemen.

I don't think concussions are to play here, either. I think sometimes people are just bad people. Adrian Peterson's mental faculties are perfectly fine. He clearly just thinks beating children with tree limbs is appropriate punishment. if that's a concussion side effect it's a damn peculiar one.

Then how do you explain Yettoe playing all those Friday night lights high school games and then turning right around and abusing his body the way that he does now?  That's not normal.  It's an epidemic.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2014, 10:39:51 AM »
I do not buy that playing a violent sport makes someone some kind of violent animal.

Agreed, but the reverse, that violent animals are drawn to a violent sport sure seems to be true. That these violent animals are violent on and off the field is a new concept to some people, it seems.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2014, 10:57:44 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 18, 2014, 10:39:51 AM
I do not buy that playing a violent sport makes someone some kind of violent animal.

Agreed, but the reverse, that violent animals are drawn to a violent sport sure seems to be true. That these violent animals are violent on and off the field is a new concept to some people, it seems.

Yeah, I would say that's more like it. I don't think football is to blame for causing these incidents. Just that the NFL as an organization is at fault for failing to send a message that such behavior is unacceptable.