News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears vs. Lions Paulcast - Sunday September 12th, 2010  ( 30,517 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears vs. Lions Paulcast - Sunday September 12th, 2010
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2010, 06:01:29 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 12, 2010, 05:57:26 PM
Imagine if the Bears had one real wideout. Wow, that'd be pretty awesome.

DA looked good except those times when he didn't. The touchdown drop on the first drive blew.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2010, 06:12:23 PM »
The fact that the 49ers are getting pounded by the Seahawks despite all the FIRE AND PASHUN that Singletary brings makes me almost as happy as reading all the whiny fuckstick Bears fans call this "a win in name only." 

I hate Bears fans almost as much as Cubs fans. 

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2010, 06:20:41 PM »
The four sacks, the penalties, the fumbles, inability to gain one yard in four tries. All of these things actually happened. Until they don't happen, the Bears will lose to any respectable football team, home or away. There were some fluky plays and some incredibly sloppy plays.

I will admit that neither the offense or the defense played nearly as poorly as I thought they would. So I'm going to back off of my out and out doom predictions and upgrade this team to the mediocre NFL blob status from which any team that stays healthy and lucky enough to steal a few wins can emerge to playoff status. That's the NFL. I love it less and less every year.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2010, 07:28:35 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 12, 2010, 04:07:50 PM
Ball in hands, two feet in.  Bears lose, no?

There were still 30 seconds left, the Bears had 3 timeouts and would have only needed a field goal to win, assuming Detroit failed to convert a 2-point PAT which, if they did convert, then the Bears would have needed to FG to force OT.  The point is, the game wasn't over there, it was just looking awfully grim.  If Sean Hill can march the Lions 70 yards in a minute and-a-half, I fail to see how Cutler couldn't have been able to have marched the Bears 40 yards in a half-a-minute.  But whatever.  The league should have done America a favor and not have televised this game.  Those are two bad, ill-coached teams right there, mister.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2010, 07:57:28 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 12, 2010, 07:28:35 PM

There were still 30 seconds left, the Bears had 3 timeouts and would have only needed a field goal to win, assuming Detroit failed to convert a 2-point PAT which, if they did convert, then the Bears would have needed to FG to force OT.  The point is, the game wasn't over there, it was just looking awfully grim.  If Sean Hill can march the Lions 70 yards in a minute and-a-half, I fail to see how Cutler couldn't have been able to have marched the Bears 40 yards in a half-a-minute.  But whatever.  The league should have done America a favor and not have televised this game.  Those are two bad, ill-coached teams right there, mister.

Christ almighty. Because bad fucking teams rack up a 463-168 yardage edge. Three fumbles. Get over it. One bad goal line series, where  the playcalling was idiotic. Just try the sneak. You're just like Sean fucking Jensen of the times. Somehow Cutler looked "uncomfortable with the offense" while racking up 372 yards and a 108 rating. I hate you all. Jesus Christ. Wait till they get blown out by the Cowboys or something. I know that it's "just the Lions", but even last year the pass defense was piss poor against them. The defense looks incredibly improved. The offense moved the ball at will and had three fucking fumbles. That's it. Go slit your wrists or buck up and enjoy the win. Maybe, possibly, the penalties and fumbles could be explained as it's the first fucking game and those fucks hadn't been tackled regularly since last December. Maybe. Or maybe OMG THEY MADE SOME MISTAKES AGAINST THE DETROIT LIONS AND THEY'RE LIKE A MAC TEAM AND THEREFORE THE RIDICULOUS YARDAGE TOTALS PUT UP BY THIS TEAM ARE ACTUALLY INDICATIVE OF DOOOOOOM.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2010, 08:00:52 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 12, 2010, 07:57:28 PM

Christ almighty. Because bad fucking teams rack up a 463-168 yardage edge. Three fumbles. Get over it. One bad goal line series, where  the playcalling was idiotic. Just try the sneak. You're just like Sean fucking Jensen of the times. Somehow Cutler looked "uncomfortable with the offense" while racking up 372 yards and a 108 rating. I hate you all. Jesus Christ. Wait till they get blown out by the Cowboys or something. I know that it's "just the Lions", but even last year the pass defense was piss poor against them. The defense looks incredibly improved. The offense moved the ball at will and had three fucking fumbles. That's it. Go slit your wrists or buck up and enjoy the win. Maybe, possibly, the penalties and fumbles could be explained as it's the first fucking game and those fucks hadn't been tackled regularly since last December. Maybe. Or maybe OMG THEY MADE SOME MISTAKES AGAINST THE DETROIT LIONS AND THEY'RE LIKE A MAC TEAM AND THEREFORE THE RIDICULOUS YARDAGE TOTALS PUT UP BY THIS TEAM ARE ACTUALLY INDICATIVE OF DOOOOOOM.

You can be pretty fucking annoying.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 12, 2010, 08:00:52 PM
Ball in hands, two feet in.  Bears lose, no?

There were still 30 seconds left, the Bears had 3 timeouts and would have only needed a field goal to win, assuming Detroit failed to convert a 2-point PAT which, if they did convert, then the Bears would have needed to FG to force OT.  The point is, the game wasn't over there, it was just looking awfully grim.  If Sean Hill can march the Lions 70 yards in a minute and-a-half, I fail to see how Cutler couldn't have been able to have marched the Bears 40 yards in a half-a-minute.  But whatever.  The league should have done America a favor and not have televised this game.  Those are two bad, ill-coached teams right there, mister.

Christ almighty. Because bad fucking teams rack up a 463-168 yardage edge. Three fumbles. Get over it. One bad goal line series, where  the playcalling was idiotic. Just try the sneak. You're just like Sean fucking Jensen of the times. Somehow Cutler looked "uncomfortable with the offense" while racking up 372 yards and a 108 rating. I hate you all. Jesus Christ. Wait till they get blown out by the Cowboys or something. I know that it's "just the Lions", but even last year the pass defense was piss poor against them. The defense looks incredibly improved. The offense moved the ball at will and had three fucking fumbles. That's it. Go slit your wrists or buck up and enjoy the win. Maybe, possibly, the penalties and fumbles could be explained as it's the first fucking game and those fucks hadn't been tackled regularly since last December. Maybe. Or maybe OMG THEY MADE SOME MISTAKES AGAINST THE DETROIT LIONS AND THEY'RE LIKE A MAC TEAM AND THEREFORE THE RIDICULOUS YARDAGE TOTALS PUT UP BY THIS TEAM ARE ACTUALLY INDICATIVE OF DOOOOOOM.

I'm sorry. I really am. But even when Mike Martz had a Superbowl team in St. Louis his team gave up 30+ sacks. I'm really not concerned about the 4 sacks, provided that the offense moves the ball. They did that. They had 3 fumbles. If they don't, they probably score 40 points. I can't believe the doom and gloom about what was an impressive showing on both sides of the ball. I'm may have misdirected my ire at Apex at you. Holding a team to 168 yards of offense and 14 points (7 of which came off a short field due to a turnover) is not "not as bad as I feared." It's "really fucking good." Just hold the doom and gloom until they actually lose a game or do something more than fumble a couple times. I really can't see what about this team looked that awful besides the turnovers, which can be fixed.

And I am sorry about the rage. This weekend was really, really not a good one. This game was painful to watch, but there's more than enough good that came of it to make me wonder why we have such a predisposition to assume they just fucking blow because they made a few stupid mental mistakes. 468 yards is an incredible performance.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2010, 08:20:11 PM »
Ok, I've had some time to digest everything and I've decided that I don't know shit about pro-football. Not that I ever claimed to. The Bears played ok and have improved on the D-Line and in the passing game enough to warrant actual optimism that they'll compete this year. That's fine with me and I'm happy for now.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2010, 08:21:49 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2010, 08:20:11 PM
Ok, I've had some time to digest everything and I've decided that I don't know shit about pro-football. Not that I ever claimed to. The Bears played ok and have improved on the D-Line and in the passing game enough to warrant actual optimism that they'll compete this year. That's fine with me and I'm happy for now.

That's all I ask. Come back next week when I'm frothing at the mouth after a loss to the Cowboys and we'll carve our suicide pact in blood.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 12, 2010, 08:00:52 PM

But he's right though.

The Bears won, the Lions didn't; the Bears managed to look like a decent team in the process as well.

On to week 2.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2010, 08:48:03 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 12, 2010, 08:21:49 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2010, 08:20:11 PM

That's all I ask. Come back next week when I'm frothing at the mouth after a loss to the Cowboys and we'll carve our suicide pact in blood.

These gutless assholes had better beat the Cowboys.  Because that's important to me.

Oh, and the 463-168 yardage edge only translated to a 19-14 score.  Which proves that Cutler can't MANAGE the GAME nearly as well as Orton could.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2010, 08:50:56 PM »
Yes but what happens when Cutler lands in the dead pool thread because of acute brain trauma?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2010, 08:57:39 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on September 12, 2010, 08:50:56 PM
Yes but what happens when Cutler lands in the dead pool thread because of acute brain trauma?

The only sack that looked that bad was the one where he fumbled. Two of them he was just trying to make something happen. He should have gotten rid of the ball. Like I said, Martz is going to gamble that Cutler will get the ball out before they get to Cutler. They only lost 10 yards on the 4 sacks, as well. That's really not that bad. I'd say 3 of the 4 were coverage sacks. I'm okay with that. Really.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2010, 09:16:14 PM »
DPD. Just for comparison sake, here's the Lions offensive output today vs. the two games they played against them last year:

168 total yards
13 first downs
148 yards passing
20 yards rushing
14 pts.

vs. their average from the two games last year.

373.5 total yards
21.5 first downs
274.5 yards passing
95 yards rushing
23.5 points.

And the Bears averaged just 347 yards on offense against Detroit last year. So I don't buy the "it's just Detroit" excuse. Yeah, that helps alot, but they're considerably better than last year even against Detroit. So we'll see how that translates. I'm optimistic.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »
And when all else fails, think of it this way...

they could be the Cowboys.