News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ikarie XB 1  ( 873 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Ikarie XB 1
« on: October 30, 2012, 01:33:19 AM »
At a mere 20 minutes in, I will call this a case of time better spent than the whole of The Walking Dead so far or anything it's likely to have on offer going forward. The sound needs a bit of equalization (it's tinny), but the Filmexport print is more than serviceable visually.

[Edit.--One can absolutely see where the dance scene would appeal to the same sensibility that brought "Invaders from Space" to the kiddie-reel circuit.]

[Edit 2.--I will lay better-than-even odds that the Buckaroo Banzai "somebody turn off that gosh-a darn klaxon" line is a direct nod to what happens next.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ikarie XB 1
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 02:18:32 AM »
DPD to you, too.

There is some question in my mind as to whether the final scene is the "real" one or whether Wikipedia is full of shit, but it's here.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!