News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 2: Bears at Saints - Bears Bash Brees to the Bottom of the Bayou (L 13-30)  ( 10,580 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Or whatever.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 2: Bears at Saints - Bears Bash Brees to the Bottom of the Bayou
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 10:44:12 AM »
This game just makes me that much more grateful that the Bears won yesterday.  New Orleans, coming of a loss and a 10 day rest, for their home opener.  If the Bears win, I'll start sporting a Super Boner in September, which would only go flaccid if New Orleans turns out to suck.  In short, I can't see the Bears winning this game. 

PROVE ME WRONG, BEARS.  PROVE ME WRONG.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 2: Bears at Saints - Lovie doesn't care about black people
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 10:55:05 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 12, 2011, 10:44:12 AM
This game just makes me that much more grateful that the Bears won yesterday.  New Orleans, coming of a loss and a 10 day rest, for their home opener.  If the Bears win, I'll start sporting a Super Boner in September, which would only go flaccid if New Orleans turns out to suck.  In short, I can't see the Bears winning this game.  

PROVE ME WRONG, BEARS.  PROVE ME WRONG.

New Orleans' defense and special teams are fucking wretched. This will be a good game. Bears 35, Aints 24.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 11:05:16 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2011, 10:55:05 AM
This game just makes me that much more grateful that the Bears won yesterday.  New Orleans, coming of a loss and a 10 day rest, for their home opener.  If the Bears win, I'll start sporting a Super Boner in September, which would only go flaccid if New Orleans turns out to suck.  In short, I can't see the Bears winning this game.  

New Orleans' defense and special teams are fucking wretched. This will be a good game. Bears 35, Aints 24.

Their offensive line also can't run block for shit. Especially up the middle. And they were awful in short yardage. Not sure why they've gotten so much worse in that department. They also can't rush the passer without selling out and blitzing somebody, so Martz should be able to plan something. If they win this game the schedule looks a lot less frightening.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 11:11:10 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 12, 2011, 11:05:16 AM

Their offensive line also can't run block for shit. Especially up the middle. And they were awful in short yardage. Not sure why they've gotten so much worse in that department. They also can't rush the passer without selling out and blitzing somebody, so Martz should be able to plan something. If they win this game the schedule looks a lot less frightening.

You're forgetting all that LEADERSHIP the Saints have at center.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 12:31:11 PM »

Maybe the problem is their center.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on September 12, 2011, 12:31:11 PM

Their offensive line also can't run block for shit. Especially up the middle. And they were awful in short yardage.  Not sure why they've gotten so much worse in that department.They also can't rush the passer without selling out and blitzing somebody, so Martz should be able to plan something. If they win this game the schedule looks a lot less frightening.

Fixed.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 12, 2011, 01:01:57 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on September 12, 2011, 12:31:11 PM

Their offensive line also can't run block for shit. Especially up the middle. And they were awful in short yardage.  Not sure why they've gotten so much worse in that department.They also can't rush the passer without selling out and blitzing somebody, so Martz should be able to plan something. If they win this game the schedule looks a lot less frightening.

Fixed.
Much obliged, Fork.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 11:14:59 AM »
Nice review here of key week 1 rookies, including Carimi. He did give up a sack and a pressure, but not bad for a rookie making his first start against Ray Edwards, especially since they dropped back 37 times.

FIXED.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 11:28:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 14, 2011, 11:14:59 AM
Nice review here of key week 1 rookies, including Carimi. He did give up a sack and a pressure, but not bad for a rookie making his first start against Ray Edwards, especially since they dropped back 37 times.

That's a great review. Thanks for providing that link.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 14, 2011, 11:28:34 AM

How do you like this thread title?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 12:03:05 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 14, 2011, 11:29:38 AM

Have you checked out the morphlink?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 12:16:54 PM »
Quote from: BH on September 14, 2011, 12:03:05 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 14, 2011, 11:29:38 AM

Have you checked out the morphlink?

And miss an opportunity to manifest his mystifying obsession with Sterling Archer?  I think not.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »

How wretched is the Bears' D if Urlacher can't make it to the Superdome in time? Does it bother anyone else the Bears have a grand total of 1 win in the Superdome since Tony Eason was buried there?