News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 2: Bears at Saints - Bears Bash Brees to the Bottom of the Bayou (L 13-30)  ( 10,576 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 2: Bears at Saints - Bears Bash Brees to the Bottom of the Bayou
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on September 18, 2011, 02:32:29 PM
So, the NFL institutes a rule to review TDs, but doesn't review an errant TD call?

I'd say the return of Frank Omiyale to the lineup renders just about everything else moot.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2011, 03:06:23 PM »
Peripheral vision deficiencies rule.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2011, 03:15:41 PM »
WE SHOULDA NEVER GOT RIDDA KREUNTZ!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2011, 09:20:07 PM »
Great GameCast.  I can see why there was such a fuss over its naming.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2011, 09:03:38 AM »
Quote from: CT III on September 18, 2011, 02:54:36 PM
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on September 18, 2011, 02:32:29 PM
So, the NFL institutes a rule to review TDs, but doesn't review an errant TD call?

I'd say the return of Frank Omiyale to the lineup renders just about everything else moot.

Has there been a worse Bear than Frank Omiyale in my lifetime? I'm talking about guys who actually got significant playing time, so Dan Bazuin and Juaquin Iglesias don't count.

And to Huey's point, when is Apex going to show up and blame Sterling Archer for this godawful mess of a game?

Doc

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2011, 09:46:06 AM »
1) Cutler will be concussed onto the IR before too long. Maybe next week.

2) The biggest need to address from 2010 was the offensive line, and they went out and got a rookie (Carimi), a retread (Webb), and signed a center (Spencer), and that's it? Carimi will be nagged by that knee for weeks, Webb is a turnstyle, and Spencer sits on the bench for stretches. You have a BMW (Cutler) that you are parking on a downtown sidestreet (o-line), begging for it to get dinged, scraped, and sideswiped. Until they get a line of guys who can protect, this team is bad, bad, bad.

3) Pay Forte. A lot. He's worth it.

4) Cutler is tougher than people like to admit.  And most people don't like him, so they won't admit it. He is unlikeable. If he played for any other team, I'd want to see him cleated in the throat every quarter. But he's our douchebag. Kinda like Slaky.
"You're a daisy if you do."

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2011, 03:52:46 PM »
Quote from: Doc on September 19, 2011, 09:46:06 AM

2) The biggest need to address from 2010 was the offensive line, and they went out and got a rookie (Carimi), a retread (Webb), and signed a center (Spencer), and that's it? Carimi will be nagged by that knee for weeks, Webb is a turnstyle, and Spencer sits on the bench for stretches. You have a BMW (Cutler) that you are parking on a downtown sidestreet (o-line), begging for it to get dinged, scraped, and sideswiped. Until they get a line of guys who can protect, this team is bad, bad, bad.

4) Cutler is tougher than people like to admit.  And most people don't like him, so they won't admit it. He is unlikeable. If he played for any other team, I'd want to see him cleated in the throat every quarter. But he's our douchebag. Kinda like Slaky.

not to be a paul but don't you have to be good at one point to be a retread?  Isn't Webb more or less another Marcus Spears like project?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »
Quote from: BBM on September 19, 2011, 03:52:46 PM

not to be a paul but don't you have to be good at one point to be a retread?  Isn't Webb more or less another Marcus Spears like project?

Maybe he meant retard.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »

When I first read this, I though Slaky wrote it

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2011, 08:45:32 PM »
The offensive line isn't as bad as they looked yesterday, actually. They run the ball well. There are going to be lapses at times mentally in pass protection, but they aren't that terrible. Of course, with Carimi out for up to a month it gets harder, but they can block well enough to actually score some points. None of this matters though if Mike Martz is going to go back to being the stubborn fuckhead that apparently panics after a team goes down fucking 13-7 and decides to abandon a run game that was averaging five yards per carry in the first half. 52 dropbacks versus 12 runs? There aren't many offensive lines in football that could hold up under those conditions, especially when Martz isn't at all interested in keeping more than five men into protect against a team that is clearly sending multiple blitzers at the line of scrimmage while Hester and Knox are failing miserably as usual at beating the jam. There are things that can be done to fix it, much like last year, and they can do them as quickly as next week. Martz just needs to swallow his ego. He doesn't even need to cut his playbook down like last year. They can still run the deep dig and all of his favorite routes, they just need to not attempt to do that while refusing to run or mix it up a few times to slow down the blitz. Gregg Williams blitzes. That's what he does. Why didn't someone tell Martz that? I counted a sack on Omiyale, a sack on Kellen Davis, and a sack of Chris Williams/Garza. The other breakdowns were mostly just free blitzers that the playcall didn't account for, and Martz' QBs aren't allowed to audible the fucking genius's calls at the line, so Cutler knew he was fucked before the snap, hence the reason they caught him screaming at Shane Day on the sideline (since Shane has the line to Martz in the booth) "fuck this bullshit." Fix it, Mike.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2011, 05:22:27 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 19, 2011, 08:45:32 PM
The offensive line isn't as bad as they looked yesterday, actually. They run the ball well. There are going to be lapses at times mentally in pass protection, but they aren't that terrible. Of course, with Carimi out for up to a month it gets harder, but they can block well enough to actually score some points. None of this matters though if Mike Martz is going to go back to being the stubborn fuckhead that apparently panics after a team goes down fucking 13-7 and decides to abandon a run game that was averaging five yards per carry in the first half. 52 dropbacks versus 12 runs? There aren't many offensive lines in football that could hold up under those conditions, especially when Martz isn't at all interested in keeping more than five men into protect against a team that is clearly sending multiple blitzers at the line of scrimmage while Hester and Knox are failing miserably as usual at beating the jam. There are things that can be done to fix it, much like last year, and they can do them as quickly as next week. Martz just needs to swallow his ego. He doesn't even need to cut his playbook down like last year. They can still run the deep dig and all of his favorite routes, they just need to not attempt to do that while refusing to run or mix it up a few times to slow down the blitz. Gregg Williams blitzes. That's what he does. Why didn't someone tell Martz that? I counted a sack on Omiyale, a sack on Kellen Davis, and a sack of Chris Williams/Garza. The other breakdowns were mostly just free blitzers that the playcall didn't account for, and Martz' QBs aren't allowed to audible the fucking genius's calls at the line, so Cutler knew he was fucked before the snap, hence the reason they caught him screaming at Shane Day on the sideline (since Shane has the line to Martz in the booth) "fuck this bullshit." Fix it, Mike.

Would it kill you to insert a line break every now and then?

The secret to the universe could be hidden in this post and nobody would ever know. 

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2011, 05:28:24 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on September 20, 2011, 05:22:27 PM

The secret to the universe could be hidden in this post and nobody would ever know. 

You mean you didn't spot it?  Tsk,tsk.  (Clue.  It is the last three words of the penultimate sentence.)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2011, 05:50:08 PM »

You think it's hard for you to read on here? You should be glad I even bother to take the time to take a photo of the bloody smears on my wall, scan it into my computer, convert it to a PDF, then translate the text from whatever long-dead semitic language it is that the voices in my head speak, and Then copy and paste it onto Desipio. Jesus. Sorry your life is so hard.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 20, 2011, 05:50:08 PM

You think it's hard for you to read on here? You should be glad I even bother to take the time to take a photo of the bloody smears on my wall, scan it into my computer, convert it to a PDF, then translate the text from whatever long-dead semitic language it is that the voices in my head speak, and Then copy and paste it onto Desipio. Jesus. Sorry your life is so hard.

In conclusion: Libya is a land of contrast.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck