News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 3: Packers at Bears - O Line, Where Art Thou? (L 17-27)  ( 5,335 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 3: Packers at Bears - O Line, Where Art Thou? (L 17-27)
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 04:38:10 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on September 26, 2011, 04:27:47 PM
Quote from: BH on September 26, 2011, 03:31:15 PM
So, according to my thinking, stupid as I am, the Bears will at best be 6-10. And conceivably, they could go 3-13. Don't let the game with Atlanta fool you. This team sucks. This coaching staff sucks. And the owners suck. If the Bears are to improve at all, that old bitch Virginia McCaskey has to die. As long as she's around, this will remain the trainwreck it is now.

Sorry, BH...SKO says they're going 11-2 the rest of the way.

Quote from: SKO
That was a fucking awesome game. The offensive line was better than the sacks made them look. Webb had some issues and so did Carimi but I wouldn't say they looked bad most of the game. Cutler had time to throw and he had at least 6 seconds on 2 of those sacks in which to throw the ball away. The Cover 2 worked to perfection today. They dared Matt Ryan to try and beat them downfield and he was too scared. That was the weakest 300 yard passing game I've ever seen from an opposing QB. The run game looked good until they took out Forte to keep him from getting hurt in a blowout during his contract year. The defensive line was the strongest unit on the field as I had hoped. As for my prediction for this season I had them at 12-4. So we'll see. I think if they beat either the Saints or Packers in the next two weeks they make the playoffs no problem. If they win both they win the division.

BH was quoting from one of Fro Dog's commenters. I definitely thought before the season and after the Atlanta game that they'd be 2-1 instead of 1-2, so we'll see. Right now they're inconsistent and injured, but there's a whole lot of football left and a slate of games against an AFC West that looks underwhelming, the Seahawks, and two against the Vikings.  They're not as bad as they played the last two weeks and they're possibly not as good as they looked against Atlanta, but they're sure as hell not done.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2011, 05:13:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 26, 2011, 04:38:10 PM
So, according to my thinking, stupid as I am, the Bears will at best be 6-10. And conceivably, they could go 3-13. Don't let the game with Atlanta fool you. This team sucks. This coaching staff sucks. And the owners suck. If the Bears are to improve at all, that old bitch Virginia McCaskey has to die. As long as she's around, this will remain the trainwreck it is now.

That was a fucking awesome game. The offensive line was better than the sacks made them look. Webb had some issues and so did Carimi but I wouldn't say they looked bad most of the game. Cutler had time to throw and he had at least 6 seconds on 2 of those sacks in which to throw the ball away. The Cover 2 worked to perfection today. They dared Matt Ryan to try and beat them downfield and he was too scared. That was the weakest 300 yard passing game I've ever seen from an opposing QB. The run game looked good until they took out Forte to keep him from getting hurt in a blowout during his contract year. The defensive line was the strongest unit on the field as I had hoped. As for my prediction for this season I had them at 12-4. So we'll see. I think if they beat either the Saints or Packers in the next two weeks they make the playoffs no problem. If they win both they win the division.

BH was quoting from one of Fro Dog's commenters. I definitely thought before the season and after the Atlanta game that they'd be 2-1 instead of 1-2, so we'll see. Right now they're inconsistent and injured, but there's a whole lot of football left and a slate of games against an AFC West that looks underwhelming, the Seahawks, and two against the Vikings.  They're not as bad as they played the last two weeks and they're possibly not as good as they looked against Atlanta, but they're sure as hell not done.

Similar to how we use green for sarcasm, can we use "invisible" for Fro Dog and his commenters?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 09:19:59 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on September 26, 2011, 05:13:33 PM

Similar to how we use green for sarcasm, can we use "invisible" for Fro Dog and his commenters?

Yeah, but then this board would be empty.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 26, 2011, 09:19:59 PM
Quote from: PenPho on September 26, 2011, 05:13:33 PM

Yeah, but then this board would be empty.

Save for Archer's hijinx, natch.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.