News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Please add joyful positive here!!!!  ( 103,742 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Please add joyful positive here!!!!
« Reply #450 on: April 08, 2010, 09:49:33 AM »
Quote from: Bort on April 08, 2010, 09:48:43 AM
We only have to deal with another 160 games!

No, the Cubs can still win 160 games!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #451 on: April 08, 2010, 10:01:01 AM »

We've got it easy.  The Ricketts say they are in for multi-generational ownership.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #452 on: April 08, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 08, 2010, 09:49:33 AM

Over the next decade? Quite possible!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #453 on: April 08, 2010, 10:07:35 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 08, 2010, 09:49:33 AM

Where's Simmer and his signature? That usually gives me hope!

Hey, I'll give you some positive:

1) Jair Juergens is good, and the Cubs worked some decent at bats against him. I would have hoped they could have scored more than 2 runs.
2) I think the Braves will win the NL East. Sorry, Philadelphia.
3) Bobby Cox did not beat his wife this week yet.
4) Greg Maddux is on the Cubs' payroll, not the Braves.
5) Chip Caray is on Fox Sports' South payroll, with the approval of the Braves.
6) Jake Peavy took the loss yesterday.
7) The Sox' potent lineup managed 2 hits against Carmona yesterday.
8) The Cardinals play more teams than the Reds the rest of the year.
9) The Cubs get to get well against the Reds.
10) Houston looks awful.
11) The Brewers look beatable, but good.
12) Dick Enberg is actually the Padres' announcer. For some reason, I thought Greg Gumbel was joking when he said Dick Enberg was going to announce Padres games. He's lost his fastball doing college basketball games and football games, but he wasn't bad at all last night calling the Padres-D-backs game. So when Scully stays home, I have another late night option.
13) The last time I went to a sporting event with Apex, the winning team played for a championship the following season. So, expect to see either the Nats or the Cubs in the 2011 World Series.
14) Indiana basketball has to be better next year, right?
15) Tomorrow it's Silva-time.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #454 on: April 08, 2010, 10:29:32 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 08, 2010, 10:07:35 AM

Wait, what?  He's the #4 starter?

Also, speaking as someone who has been beaten into ennui over this franchise, I'd just like to say that the hand-wringing's pretty gay, if not entriely predictable.  Of course I understand that if we don't bitch, we don't post, and if we don't post, we have no laughs around here and our workdays drag ion but still...Z had a shit game, which is not unusual for Opening Day, and Chipper Jones did to Gabbo what Chipper Jones has been doing to a number of guys since Bill Clinton's first term.  Big whup, like TJ says Atlanta's stacked.  I'm not expecting great things from this team but I also don't see them sucking ass like it's 1997. 

That said, I'm ready to douse Soriano's FIREBARN with kerosene any day now.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #455 on: April 08, 2010, 10:42:36 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 08, 2010, 10:29:32 AM

Also, speaking as someone who has been beaten into ennui over this franchise, I'd just like to say that the hand-wringing's pretty gay, if not entriely predictable.  Of course I understand that if we don't bitch, we don't post, and if we don't post, we have no laughs around here and our workdays drag ion but still...Z had a shit game, which is not unusual for Opening Day, and Chipper Jones did to Gabbo what Chipper Jones has been doing to a number of guys since Bill Clinton's first term.  Big whup, like TJ says Atlanta's stacked.  I'm not expecting great things from this team but I also don't see them sucking ass like it's 1997. 

As I said in the shoutbox the other day, this isn't DOOOOOM, this is HAAAAAAAAATE.

There is a distinction. I kind of enjoy this bilefest, in a fucked up way. It's gallows humor. I'm not living and dying on every stumble like certain Fro Dogs I could name.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #456 on: April 08, 2010, 10:43:06 AM »

Honestly, I keep forgetting that he's even on the team.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #457 on: April 08, 2010, 10:44:48 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 08, 2010, 10:43:06 AM

It's repression. A common sympton of PTSD.

I will still FYC every homerun he somehow manages to hit.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #458 on: April 08, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »
Quote from: Bort on April 08, 2010, 10:44:48 AM
Quote from: Eli on April 08, 2010, 10:43:06 AM

It's repression. A common sympton of PTSD.

I will still FYC every homerun he somehow manages to hit.

I look forward to all 9 of them.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #459 on: April 08, 2010, 10:56:22 AM »
Quote from: Bort on April 08, 2010, 10:42:36 AM

As I said in the shoutbox the other day, this isn't DOOOOOM, this is HAAAAAAAAATE.

There is a distinction. I kind of enjoy this bilefest, in a fucked up way. It's gallows humor. I'm not living and dying on every stumble like certain Fro Dogs I could name.

Yes, I like this - Hate not Doom. I'm on board the HATEMOBILE. I wear HATEMAN pajamas to bed.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #460 on: April 08, 2010, 10:58:49 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 08, 2010, 10:56:22 AM

Yes, I like this - Hate not Doom. I'm on board the HATEMOBILE. I wear HATEMAN pajamas to bed.

I wish we could run over Mike Fontenot with said HATEMOBILE.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #461 on: April 08, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 08, 2010, 10:58:49 AM
Quote from: Slaky on April 08, 2010, 10:56:22 AM

I wish we could run over Mike Fontenot with said HATEMOBILE.

Please refrain.  This is the joyful positive thread.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #462 on: April 08, 2010, 11:00:59 AM »

Thank you for outlining the difference between joyfulbileHATE and sadpandaDOOM to LiteralIntertronHuey.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #463 on: April 08, 2010, 11:02:37 AM »

DPD. Is Gabbo a new Huey nickname? Because I massive positive.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #464 on: April 08, 2010, 11:07:14 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 08, 2010, 11:02:37 AM

DPD. Is Gabbo a new Huey nickname? Because I massive positive.

I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)