News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Please add joyful positive here!!!!  ( 103,893 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Please add joyful positive here!!!!
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2007, 05:02:26 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on July 06, 2007, 04:54:28 PM
Quote from: Down In Front on July 06, 2007, 04:30:05 PM
Wow.  Is it really 20-10?

This game is the Sox' version of that weird Sunday "evening" game last year vs. the Mets when the Cubs gave up 63 runs in one inning.

20-14 was the final score. The Sux left the bases loaded as Prickzynski struck out.

Any triple plays?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2007, 11:12:51 AM »
Oh, but that's not all. The second game was only 12-0. I'm in Las Vegas and the Sox are the toast of the town. Or the laughingstock. This is teh bals.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2007, 11:14:57 AM »
Quote from: TJ on July 07, 2007, 11:12:51 AM
Oh, but that's not all. The second game was only 12-0. I'm in Las Vegas and the Sox are the toast of the town. Or the laughingstock. This is teh bals.

Hope you're betting on the Twins.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2007, 11:28:50 AM »
No, I was stupid and bet on the Cubs, Cleveland, Arizona,the over in the Giants-Deadbirds and the Marlins. Don't een know how the last two games worked out as I was busy winning big $$ at the blackjack table last night before gettingmy bone-in ribeye. I have yet to see my brother in law to be, whose bachelor party I am here for, but I am sure he and his brothers and friends are on a meth bender given Minnesota's scoring spree.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2007, 01:31:11 PM »
If TJ replies, the answer is, "No."

Obviously.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2007, 03:40:26 PM »
20 to 14?   The Twins missed a conversion?
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2007, 04:51:27 PM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on July 07, 2007, 03:40:26 PM
20 to 14?   The Twins missed a conversion?

A joke, I believe, Brenly made last night.

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2007, 09:18:24 PM »
The Nationals tried as hard as they could, but they won anyway.

Back to 4.5

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2007, 08:42:01 PM »
4.5 games back, and over .500...

If you told me that's where the Cubs would be sitting at the break, I'd think you were full of shit.

One thing Hendry's done right, other than eat, is pull off some deadline trades. Let's see if he's got any more tricks up his sleeve.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2007, 11:14:28 PM »
Quote from: Fork_The_Third on July 08, 2007, 08:42:01 PM

If you told me that's where the Cubs would be sitting at the break, I'd think you were full of shit.

One thing Hendry's done right, other than eat, is pull off some deadline trades. Let's see if he's got any more tricks up his sleeve.

Despite today's disappointment, that's the way to look at it right now.

Good stuff. Nothing to be upset about, given the hole they dug for themselves.

No Cub-related stress until Friday.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2007, 01:56:08 AM »
Quote from: Fork_The_Third on July 08, 2007, 08:42:01 PM

What should Hendry be looking for?  Apart from Bob shitting the bed last night, the bullpen's been pretty decent of late and can expect to have Dempster (and Wood, too?) back after the break.  Buh-bye, Scott Eyre.  Pretty much everybody (with the possible exception of Lee) has been hot with the bat, too.  I'm not saying that the Cubs don't need a certain je-ne-sais-quoi to put them over the hump, but I'm not just quite sure what it is.  Unfortunately, we might only find out what the Cubs need when it's too late to do anything about it...

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm impressed with how well-rounded the current roster is.  They've got bats and speed in the everyday lineup, and some lumber and defense off the bench.  The rotation is largely decent, as is the pen, especially since the arrival of Marmol.  Perhaps Hendry just needs a really good swingman to stand in for Hill or Marquis or whoever's having a bad hair day amongst the relievers?

I ought to mention, by the way, that I'm currently nurturing some fairly serious man-love for Mark DeRosa.  Nothing flashy about the bloke, and he seems like a real team player - but he just gets the job done.  Got to love that.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2007, 05:23:36 AM »

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing Hendry beef up the catcher position. At this point, Hank White would be an offensive upgrade. There's gotta be someone available at the catcher position who can at least hit his weight and play solid defense.

I also would love to see Jock and Brown Spot Bob II go, if only to free up roster spots.

Otherwise, this team is starting to hit its stride, mostly with players seeing roles and filling them. DeRosa is becoming a microcosm of the Piniella Cubs...he just wants to play, doesn't care where on the field, or in the batting order. DFB probably can't process such a concept. For that, I positive.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2007, 07:38:28 AM »
Quote from: Fork_The_Third on July 09, 2007, 05:23:36 AM

There's gotta be someone available at the catcher position who can at least hit his weight and play solid defense.

There is.  His name is Geovany Soto.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2007, 08:24:09 AM »
In the lineup yesterday, the Cubs' pitcher started the day with a batting average 100 points higher than his catcher.

Ouch, babe.

Looks like Hank White to the rescue the last week of July.  What they need to add is the one thing they claim to be looking for, a righthanded hitting outfielder with some pop.  Especially since Clifford has begun running into outfield walls on a regular basis.  I fear for the full-time return of Jock to RF if this isn't addressed.

The Cubs have already picked up as many games in July on the Brewers as they did in June.  Just thought that was interesting.