News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Why are the Bears drafting this douche thread. 4/26-27 2008.  ( 38,721 )

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on April 27, 2008, 09:48:57 AM
Quote from: air2300 on April 27, 2008, 12:24:13 AM
Quote from: Andy on April 27, 2008, 12:04:57 AM
What the Pack now have are two QBs who are apparently made out of play-doh.  Rogers has been hurt in every season--which is a miracle considering his limited playing time--and Brohm suffered a serious injury in his last three college seasons.

That's why Brohm lasted as long as he did, not because he's not good.

Oh, and Chad Henne?  He sucks.
That might be true, but I would take them both over the current group the bears will trot out next year. 

JD Booty, anyone?  How about Andre Woodson?  I think both will be available at 90.  I'm not sure the difference between Henne and these two is all that great.

I hear the Bears are targeting Colt Brennan.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Quote from: ~Apex on April 26, 2008, 02:36:49 PM
Quote from: CT II on April 26, 2008, 02:15:07 PM
Chris Long is taken with the second pick. 

[racist]I'm sure he'll go on to join the long list of white DE's who became outstanding pass rushers in the NFL.[/racist]

Let's see there was...

and then there was... uh... Trace Armstrong. That's it. Geez.

This guy was pretty good.

And who could forget....

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
Quote from: Oleg on April 27, 2008, 09:48:57 AM
Quote from: air2300 on April 27, 2008, 12:24:13 AM
Quote from: Andy on April 27, 2008, 12:04:57 AM
What the Pack now have are two QBs who are apparently made out of play-doh.  Rogers has been hurt in every season--which is a miracle considering his limited playing time--and Brohm suffered a serious injury in his last three college seasons.

That's why Brohm lasted as long as he did, not because he's not good.

Oh, and Chad Henne?  He sucks.
That might be true, but I would take them both over the current group the bears will trot out next year. 

JD Booty, anyone?  How about Andre Woodson?  I think both will be available at 90.  I'm not sure the difference between Henne and these two is all that great.
I like Woodson.  He had some huge game against the Gators.  Although so did the rest of the QBs that played against them this year did as well.  But, he won in the SEC with the team he had around him was amazing.  I still like the combo of Rodgers, Brohm the packers have over the Orton/Grossman/Woodson or JD Booty. 

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
I just think Angelo does not understand what the Draft is about. The Bears have problems on the offensive line, at quarterback and in the defensive secondary. And he just spent the team's fourth pick of the draft on a DEFENSIVE TACKLE. This wasn't a problem area, Angelo... If you wanted to pick one in the last round or two for depth, all right, but in the third freaking round???
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 10:25:52 AM
I just think Angelo does not understand what the Draft is about. The Bears have problems on the offensive line, at quarterback and in the defensive secondary. And he just spent the team's fourth pick of the draft on a DEFENSIVE TACKLE. This wasn't a problem area, Angelo... If you wanted to pick one in the last round or two for depth, all right, but in the third freaking round???

Actually after Dvoracek and Harris got hurt (again and again) it was a bit of a black hole. They needed depth there. I think that's what the draft is about.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ~Apex on April 27, 2008, 10:28:12 AM

Actually after Dvoracek and Harris got hurt (again and again) it was a bit of a black hole. They needed depth there. I think that's what the draft is about.

Are you a dumb wigger? The draft is clearly about making BC happy.

Oh wait, that's impossible.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
<Mel Kiper> I think somebody just saw the "best of Mel" piece on ESPN and stole the line I said about the Jets.  </Mel Kiper> 

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club

The problem is there are needs at safety and defensive tackle and quarterback and OL and WR and...well there are a lot of needs.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: air2300 on April 27, 2008, 10:17:33 AM

I like Woodson.  He had some huge game against the Gators.  Although so did the rest of the QBs that played against them this year did as well.  But, he won in the SEC with the team he had around him was amazing.  I still like the combo of Rodgers, Brohm the packers have over the Orton/Grossman/Woodson or JD Booty. 

I don't think Woodson will make it as a pro.  He's got a long release and he doesn't throw hard enough to make up for it.  I like Woodson and he was a pretty good college QB, but the Bears already have Chris Leak.  Woodson isn't any better than Leak. 
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Still grinding that axe, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
It's almost like Angelo just doesn't know how to draft, period. I mean, name a decent defensive player he's selected after the first round of any draft, ever. After you get past the first five or so pro-bowlers you're down to the Alex Browns and P'Nut Tillmans of the world. And then it gets pretty grim.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com

You draft depth late when you have more than one problem area that needs to be solved. Holes have to be filled through the Draft in this era if the team isn't going to spend money for good free agents, which the Bears are notorious for not spending big free agent money. The Bears still have big problems on the offensive line, quarterback and defensive secondary. I don't think JUST the Williams pick is going to solve the O-Line. I actually think the Bears need to draft another WR as well, but that point is arguable.

Justin King, Booty, Ainge or Scandrick from Boise State would have been much more appropriate picks.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 10:44:02 AM

You draft depth late when you have more than one problem area that needs to be solved. Holes have to be filled through the Draft in this era if the team isn't going to spend money for good free agents, which the Bears are notorious for not spending big free agent money. The Bears still have big problems on the offensive line, quarterback and defensive secondary. I don't think JUST the Williams pick is going to solve the O-Line. I actually think the Bears need to draft another WR as well, but that point is arguable.

Justin King, Booty, Ainge or Scandrick from Boise State would have been much more appropriate picks.

Christ. You're bitching about Angelo not filling a need with the d-tackle pick (which Apex picked apart for you) and you would have preferred that he took a CORNER?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 10:44:02 AM

Please be quiet now.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
BC, safety is a need. Corner is not. You really hate P'nut that much? Really? You're out of your goddamn mind.

And until Dusty Dvoracek quits making Mike Brown look reliable, D tackle is a priority.