News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Colbert Report  ( 9,534 )

berserker

Re: The Colbert Report
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 01:01:52 PM »
Quote from: Old Style Man on June 13, 2006, 10:49:14 AM
Colbert's performance at the Correspondent's dinner was the #1 "song" purchased on Itunes for a while. You can still get it there for $1.99. I subscribe to the Repor's podcast as well. Great, great stuff, though Stuart is still the master. Jon's takedown of Bill Bennett the other day was classic.

Jon Stewart's dismantling of Tucker Carlson is the stuff of legends.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »
Anybody watch Colbert's Christmas Special?  It was hilariously over-the-top.  Best part would have to be this performance by John Legend:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/211025/november-23-2008/a-colbert-christmas--john-legend

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 10:22:36 AM »
Awesome.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hVxsBGs7scxZSkcCE1cL2B4BlECAD974D8800

"WASHINGTON (AP) — NASA's online contest to name a new room at the international space station went awry. Comedian Stephen Colbert won.

The name "Colbert" beat out NASA's four suggested options in the space agency's effort to have the public help name the addition. The new room will be launched later this year.

NASA's mistake was allowing write-ins. Colbert urged viewers of his Comedy Central show, "The Colbert Report," to write in his name. And they complied, with 230,539 votes. That clobbered Serenity, one of the NASA choices, by more than 40,000 votes. Nearly 1.2 million votes were cast by the time the contest ended Friday.

NASA reserves the right to choose an appropriate name. Agency spokesman John Yembrick said NASA will decide in April, but will give top vote-getters "the most consideration.""

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »
Quote from: BH on March 24, 2009, 10:22:36 AM
Awesome.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hVxsBGs7scxZSkcCE1cL2B4BlECAD974D8800

"WASHINGTON (AP) — NASA's online contest to name a new room at the international space station went awry. Comedian Stephen Colbert won.

The name "Colbert" beat out NASA's four suggested options in the space agency's effort to have the public help name the addition. The new room will be launched later this year.

NASA's mistake was allowing write-ins. Colbert urged viewers of his Comedy Central show, "The Colbert Report," to write in his name. And they complied, with 230,539 votes. That clobbered Serenity, one of the NASA choices, by more than 40,000 votes. Nearly 1.2 million votes were cast by the time the contest ended Friday.

NASA reserves the right to choose an appropriate name. Agency spokesman John Yembrick said NASA will decide in April, but will give top vote-getters "the most consideration.""

I kind of wish "Xenu" had won.

http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/name_ISS/index.html

QuoteNode 3 will connect to the port side of the Unity Node and will provide room for many of the station's life support systems, in the form of eight refrigerator-sized racks.  After Node 3 is installed, the station's crew will transfer over many of the Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) currently stored in various places around the station, including:

* Oxygen Generation System (OGS), which takes the station's water and splits it apart into hydrogen, which gets vented into space, and oxygen, which is returned into the cabin for the crew to breathe

* Atmosphere Revitalization System (ARS), which controls the station's carbon dioxide levels and maintains the temperature and atmospheric pressure at comfortable levels

* Water Recovery System (WRS) and Urine Processor Assembly (UPA), which take waste water from the station and purify it, separating any contaminants and making it safe for the crew to drink

* Waste and hygiene compartment, which provides a place for the crew to use the bathroom in a way that allows the station to process the majority of the water used onboard so that it may be used again, greatly lessening the need for resupply flights from Earth.

I think they've wisely listed these features backwards but, if I'm understanding them correctly, the new Colbert unit will apparently allow the astronauts to breathe their own urine.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 11:07:53 AM »
Awesome.

Man, Nathan Fillion just can't win.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 11:56:42 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 24, 2009, 11:07:53 AM
Awesome.

Man, Nathan Fillion just can't win.

http://www.sadtrombone.com/
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 09:42:15 AM »

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 09:12:45 AM »
Quote from: RV on June 18, 2009, 09:42:15 AM
DPD for the brosomeness of Silvio Brolusconi:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/230970/june-17-2009/alpha-dog-of-the-week---silvio-berlusconi

Triple posting doucher here to let you know that Sanford's shenanigans will never be as entertaining as Silvio's:

QuoteItalian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has refuted allegations that he paid prostitutes to attend parties he hosted at his various homes.

In an interview with Italian magazine "Chi," the 72-year old denied he had ever paid for sex.

''I've never paid a woman. I never understood where the satisfaction is when you're missing the pleasure of conquest,'' Berlusconi told Chi.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 08:24:05 AM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »
Colbert officially taking over for Letterman when Dave steps down. Will host as himself and retire his Repor character.

Will John Oliver return from HBO to take the Repor's time slot?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 08:01:58 AM »
We'll meet again. Don't know where, don't know when. But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 09:10:07 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 19, 2014, 08:01:58 AM
We'll meet again. Don't know where, don't know when. But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

Colbert's finale was legendary.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2014, 10:14:23 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 10, 2014, 12:06:29 PM
Colbert officially taking over for Letterman when Dave steps down. Will host as himself and retire his Repor character.

Larry Wilmore will have The Nightly Show.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 22, 2014, 10:14:23 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 10, 2014, 12:06:29 PM

Larry Wilmore will have The Nightly Show.

QuoteQuote from: Sterling Archer on April 10, 2014, 09:06:29 AM

Thanks, Fork.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?