News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Boardwalk Empire  ( 24,190 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Boardwalk Empire
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:59:39 PM »

Based upon the previews, it would take some pretty amazing work for this to not be awesome.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Boardwalk Empire
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »
Looks incredible. Were you watching Hung? Kelly from King of Queens whipped out her jugs.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 08:28:13 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 08, 2010, 11:10:38 PM
Looks incredible. Were you watching Hung? Kelly from King of Queens whipped out her jugs.

Color me impressed.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 08:35:16 AM »

Since this is the new Hung thread, I just started getting caught up on all the seasons of this show.
It's pretty clever. Happy that mike's now getting in the game. Ronnie is a hoot. Basing this series in Detroit
has to generate a lot of American optimism for this poor city.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 11:36:56 AM »
Quote from: BH on August 10, 2010, 08:35:16 AM

Since this is the new Hung thread, I just started getting caught up on all the seasons of this show.
It's pretty clever. Happy that mike's now getting in the game. Ronnie is a hoot. Basing this series in Detroit

I know, Boardwalk Empire is going to be so sweet.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 09:08:38 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 10, 2010, 11:36:56 AM
Quote from: BH on August 10, 2010, 08:35:16 AM

I know, Boardwalk Empire is going to be so sweet.

King of Queens, Broadwalk Empire, Hung.  I thought that this was supposed to be a Simpsons thread.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 07:46:32 AM »

Not a bad pilot. I think Scorcese went a little heavy on making sure it's set in 1920, but lots of beautiful shots.

Oh, and bewbs and bloody violence.
TIME TO POST!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 08:09:51 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 20, 2010, 07:46:32 AM

Not a bad pilot. I think Scorcese went a little heavy on making sure it's set in 1920, but lots of beautiful shots.

Oh, and bewbs and bloody violence.

I reupped HBO for this. It better not suck. I liked the tittage. Nice, hot, bouncy tits.

Scorcese kinda made me want to change where I'd like to go and hang out for 5 years. I liked it.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 09:35:19 AM »
Unlike most moviegoers I tend to get lost in complicated plots.  Sometimes I get the feeling that the moviemakers don't really understand the twists and turns either so they cover it up with gratuitous action.  No problem here.  This plot is pretty straight forward.  There is money to be made in prohibited booze.  If you want to come on board we can make this a cooperative venture and everyone gets rich. If you get greedy or don't show that you are totally on board, you are fair game.  The depicted era is a little before my time, but there were enough elements to make me feel its authenticity.  No one had to tell me that was Sophie Tucker, Al Jolson and that the comedian was supposed to be Eddie Cantor.  The billboard advertising a Tootsie Roll with nuts!  Who knew?  I spent my time looking at those atmospheric touches.  I don't know yet whether it is a mistake or a stroke of genius to use Steve Buscemi as the central figure.  He is usually the hapless schlub, not the boss.  I thought that it was a little corny to introduce Al Capone the way that did.   But it is historically accurate that he rose through the ranks from the very bottom, and knocked off his boss.  Did anyone else get the feeling that they would have liked to have had a meal at Colissimo's?  The best scene was the G-man on the telephone trying to convey information to his recruit.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 07:26:58 AM »
Omar!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 09:19:18 AM »
Since I am neither a Republican nor a New Jerseyite (I don't know what they call themselves) I didn't know who Nucky Thompson was supposed to be.  Now, thianks to Wikipedia, I do. 

"Enoch Lewis "Nucky" Johnson (January 20, 1883 – December 9, 1968) was an Atlantic City, New Jersey political boss and racketeer. From 1911 until his imprisonment in 1941, he was the undisputed "boss" of the Republican political machine that controlled Atlantic City and the Atlantic County government. Using his 6 foot one inch 250 pound frame to advantage, his rule encompassed the Roaring Twenties when Atlantic City was at the height of its popularity as a temporary refuge from Prohibition, his organization also being involved in bootlegging, gambling and prostitution."

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 09:33:42 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 27, 2010, 09:19:18 AM
Since I am neither a Republican nor a New Jerseyite (I don't know what they call themselves) I didn't know who Nucky Thompson was supposed to be.  Now, thianks to Wikipedia, I do. 

"Enoch Lewis "Nucky" Johnson (January 20, 1883 – December 9, 1968) was an Atlantic City, New Jersey political boss and racketeer. From 1911 until his imprisonment in 1941, he was the undisputed "boss" of the Republican political machine that controlled Atlantic City and the Atlantic County government. Using his 6 foot one inch 250 pound frame to advantage, his rule encompassed the Roaring Twenties when Atlantic City was at the height of its popularity as a temporary refuge from Prohibition, his organization also being involved in bootlegging, gambling and prostitution."

Steve Buscemi definitely hits that 6'1" 250 frame.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 01:12:29 PM »
Breasts.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 01:15:51 PM »

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club