News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: True Detective  ( 18,125 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: True Detective
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 27, 2014, 10:44:23 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 27, 2014, 09:30:38 AM
Another great show, full of suspense and angst. The cliffhanger at the end was incredible, especially since we have to wait two weeks to find out what's about to happen at that god-forsaken lot where Reggie LeDoux (correct spelling per imdb) resides. My guess is a "throwdown in the woods," which the suspect doesn't survive and clues that stretch this plot out in a direction none of us saw coming. The next ep's previews resemble something like "Breaking Bad" meets "The Shield."

Chub level: palpable.

If someone had a bootleg copy of this entire season I would give them literally all of my money to let me watch it.

Or you could log into your HBO Go account

What? Do you have some kind of cheat code that allows you watch episodes that haven't been made available yet? Please share.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 12:25:03 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 27, 2014, 11:46:47 AM
Another great show, full of suspense and angst. The cliffhanger at the end was incredible, especially since we have to wait two weeks to find out what's about to happen at that god-forsaken lot where Reggie LeDoux (correct spelling per imdb) resides. My guess is a "throwdown in the woods," which the suspect doesn't survive and clues that stretch this plot out in a direction none of us saw coming. The next ep's previews resemble something like "Breaking Bad" meets "The Shield."

If someone had a bootleg copy of this entire season I would give them literally all of my money to let me watch it.

What? Do you have some kind of cheat code that allows you watch episodes that haven't been made available yet? Please share.

up up down down left right left right b a

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2014, 12:35:46 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 27, 2014, 12:25:03 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 27, 2014, 11:46:47 AM

up up down down left right left right b a

OMG JUST WATCHED THE LAST EPISODE EVERYBODY DIES SO MUCH BLOOD AND BOOBS
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2014, 07:42:32 PM »
I loved this exchange from episode 2.

Cole: What's this supposed to be? Some kind of hillbilly bunny ranch?
Trailer Madame: Excuse me. You better talk to the Sheriff before you start throwing accusations around.
Cole: Nah. I don't have nothing against hillbillies.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 06:57:38 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 22, 2014, 10:00:35 AM
the lady is also from a stupid show called white collar that I love and she was in an episode of Always Sunny where she was a rich girl who was into Charlie

And the boobs on her are tree-mendous

Based on your rec and the lady's boobs, I picked this back up. It is a stupid but enjoyable watch. There are some good plots. Not a lot of Ms. Daddario's plots per se, but lots of shots of Hilarie Burton's (not as tree-mendous) plots make up for some of that shortcoming.

Another pair of plots I enjoyed watching:

I couldn't place Peter Burke, but IMDb helped out.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 07:03:50 AM »
It bears mentioning that while GISing Laura Vandervoort, I came across this. Linked here because A) WTF INTERNET? and B) maybe Rex Ryan stops by the only site some day.

http://www.wikifeet.com/Laura_Vandervoort

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 09:25:27 AM »
HAHA Burke was in Seinfeld. I had not put that together.

We watched every single episode of White Collar since we moved back. I have to say it gets a lot better once you hit season 3.

Also Laura Vandervoort looks like she was created in a hot lady lab

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 09:56:29 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 05, 2014, 09:25:27 AM
HAHA Burke was in Seinfeld. I had not put that together.

We watched every single episode of White Collar since we moved back. I have to say it gets a lot better once you hit season 3.

Also Laura Vandervoort looks like she was created in a hot lady lab

Yeah, Netflix has the first 4 seasons and I grabbed the 5th off Usenet and am making my way through it now. It's mindless, fairly predictable, and completely unrealistic -- but it's still enjoyable as long as you're expecting that. I could do without all the ham-fisted Ford product placements, but no real complaints.

More Vandervoort because damn that's a lot of purty:

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »
the in episode advertisements are fucking hilarious

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 01:33:59 PM »
In my opinion the best thing about White Collar is the photography.  Do they call it cinematography on TV?  The scenes of New York actually make that place look pretty.  Also, they cleverly frame the actors.  For instance, in the last show there was a scene where the 2 actors were sitting side by side talking to each other.  Instead of putting the camera in front of them and keep them in the middle of the frame, the scene is shot through a glass French door and each actor was centered in his own frame.  It is a little thing but it makes watching much more interesting.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 01:40:29 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 05, 2014, 01:33:59 PM
In my opinion the best thing about White Collar is the photography.  Do they call it cinematography on TV?  The scenes of New York actually make that place look pretty.  Also, they cleverly frame the actors.  For instance, in the last show there was a scene where the 2 actors were sitting side by side talking to each other.  Instead of putting the camera in front of them and keep them in the middle of the frame, the scene is shot through a glass French door and each actor was centered in his own frame.  It is a little thing but it makes watching much more interesting.

I guess they say New York is a character in the show and it is. They make it look really nice.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 02:10:48 PM »
What thread is this?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 02:32:57 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 05, 2014, 02:10:48 PM
What thread is this?

This is the Studio 60 thread.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 04:11:06 PM »
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 05:07:18 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 05, 2014, 02:10:48 PM
What thread is this?

Hey!  Someone opens the door, I go in.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)