News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 61,789 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #600 on: July 21, 2016, 03:02:13 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 21, 2016, 02:36:22 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 21, 2016, 02:17:35 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on July 21, 2016, 02:13:17 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 21, 2016, 10:48:39 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 21, 2016, 10:45:08 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 21, 2016, 08:55:04 AM
If Ted Cruz may not be the Zodiac Killer, but he sure knifed Trump last night.

The fact that Trump expected an endorsement after saying Cruz' father was part of the JFK conspiracy just shows how clowned he'd get at a summit meeting.

I've never looked forward to Hillary Clinton doing anything but I feel like the first debate between those two is going to be like an aged, heartless Leslie Knope vs a racist Bobby Newport. Given the way the woman destroyed a hostile house committee going after her over the Benghazi thing I don't doubt that she'll blast him out of the water.

I think Clinton is a good debater, but Trump's nature makes the debates unbearable for me to watch. I just imagine that she's going to be primarily making points on policy, while he's going to talk about how she's a criminal, and should be in jail, and whose coldness and unpleasant personality drove her husband to chase other women. It's like she's going to be standing in front of a firing squad, and there's no way around it for her. She should win the debates, but they are going to be too filthy and unpleasant for me to watch.

I'm going to watch them (and hate myself for it), but I agree with you on the rest. She's a fierce debater and will clearly win on all points and anything of substance and he'll still come out of it with plenty of people thinking that he won because he "took it to her."

She's a mediocre debater at best. Her times vs. Obama were weak (one of the main reasons he beat her). She was lousy when she ran for Senate but Lazlo was lousier.  Her biggest weakness as a politician is she can't talk. She comes off stilted and programmed when she reads prepared remarks and she has a tendency to make stupid lies when she's off the cuff.

The best thing she said in her entire elective career was a few weeks ago: "I am not a natural politician, in case you haven't noticed, like my husband or President Obama."

That Pokemon Go To The Polls joke killed though.

*crickets*
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: July 22, 2016, 08:47:40 AM »
How's everyone doing today?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: July 22, 2016, 08:51:02 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 22, 2016, 08:47:40 AM

Even though I disagreed with the content, it wasn't that same non-sensical rambling he usually does. He's gonna win and I won't know what to think about this future great country

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: July 22, 2016, 08:54:26 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 22, 2016, 08:51:02 AM

Even though I disagreed with the content, it wasn't that same non-sensical rambling he usually does. He's gonna win and I won't know what to think about this future great country

I still don't believe he'll actually win, and the bits I saw were rambling lunacy, but I assume your facebook feed is much like mine, full of downstate relatives that leave you with the sickening feeling he can actually pull this off.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: July 22, 2016, 09:07:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 22, 2016, 08:54:26 AM

I still don't believe he'll actually win, and the bits I saw were rambling lunacy, but I assume your facebook feed is much like mine, full of downstate relatives that leave you with the sickening feeling he can actually pull this off.

I'm just imagining the utter dread we'll all feel on Election Night if some early swing state breaks for Trump and then another, then another. Until that happens I'll refuse to believe he can actually win, but I can't say I feel good about things. After all, he's still gotten this close to the Presidency and it can't be a good sign for the country's future.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: July 22, 2016, 09:11:47 AM »

I didn't watch a second, but I read the transcript your illegitimate father posted on Facebook....... But now I see that was a pre-speech release so it's possible he Trump'd the speech up. Honestly, since I defriended a shitton of people last year, I think I only have one overt Trump supporter polluting my feed: the woman who gave me life.

Quote from: Eli on July 22, 2016, 09:07:00 AM
I'm just imagining the utter dread we'll all feel on Election Night if some early swing state breaks for Trump and then another, then another. Until that happens I'll refuse to believe he can actually win, but I can't say I feel good about things. After all, he's still gotten this close to the Presidency and it can't be a good sign for the country's future.

Yea, that part baffles me. Sometimes I wonder if it's a dream.. and I hope it's the same part of me that dreams incorrect things about Jake Arrieta

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: July 22, 2016, 09:15:49 AM »

My main fear now is that this thing's going to be close.  My hope was the Trump would be destroyed in the general election, but I think there's enough anti-Hillary sentiment that unless large swaths of GOPers stay home or vote 3rd party, the election will be close enough that Trump's strategy for winning the nomination remains viable.  The man is clearly unqualified to be President and has zero workable ideas (and if you believe his VP offer to John Kasich, even Trump knows it) but here he is.  So if somebody who was actually competent decides to do this in four years, well I'm kind of afraid of that scenario.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: July 22, 2016, 09:16:06 AM »

It kind of feels like a loss in the big picture already, even if he doesn't win. Unless he gets destroyed and loses by a billion electoral votes. If that happens maybe we'll see that the nutjobs supporting him were just a vocal minority and everything is actually fine. Right?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: July 22, 2016, 09:16:34 AM »

Oh the outlook is grim. No doubt about it, that was clear from the moment the best case scenario was a damn Hillary Clinton presidency. I just don't think this will be the fascist dictator we get. It'll be a more respectable and marketable fascist a few years from now.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: July 22, 2016, 09:18:13 AM »

As I think a few people have pointed out, it's not Trump that frightens me so much as a younger, slicker, less-disgusting candidate smoothing out the rhetorical edges a bit, and winning 4 or 8 years from now.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: July 22, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 22, 2016, 09:11:47 AM
I think I only have one overt Trump supporter polluting my feed: the woman who gave me life.

Ouch. My mom doesn't like Trump, but I know she hates Hillary. She hasn't said who she is voting for, and I can't bring myself to ask her.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: July 22, 2016, 09:19:27 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 22, 2016, 09:16:34 AM

Oh the outlook is grim. No doubt about it, that was clear from the moment the best case scenario was a damn Hillary Clinton presidency. I just don't think this will be the fascist dictator we get. It'll be a more respectable and marketable fascist a few years from now.

Aaand....faced.

Could Fork or TJ get in here to predict a fascist win in 2020 so we can be assured it won't happen?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: July 22, 2016, 09:20:02 AM »
If Trump wins, we might as well scrap the National Anthem...we won't be free, because we sure as Hell weren't brave.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: July 22, 2016, 09:49:58 AM »
Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2016, 09:18:51 AM
Quote from: Yeti on July 22, 2016, 09:11:47 AM
I think I only have one overt Trump supporter polluting my feed: the woman who gave me life.

Ouch. My mom doesn't like Trump, but I know she hates Hillary. She hasn't said who she is voting for, and I can't bring myself to ask her.

She was a Carson woman to start out (because she had to get behind the "See, we have one!" candidate) and shifted to full-blown Trumper

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: July 22, 2016, 11:07:13 AM »
Who saw this coming?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16