News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,154 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2016, 03:08:39 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 20, 2016, 02:47:27 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 20, 2016, 02:42:48 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 20, 2016, 02:36:21 PM
Quote from: PANK! on January 20, 2016, 11:57:01 AM
Quote from: Tonker on January 20, 2016, 11:31:01 AM
Quote from: Bort on January 20, 2016, 11:15:09 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 20, 2016, 09:28:24 AM
Quote from: Bort on January 20, 2016, 07:51:46 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 19, 2016, 04:40:28 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 19, 2016, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 19, 2016, 12:06:23 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 19, 2016, 12:02:59 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 19, 2016, 11:29:17 AM
How much of the love Clinton gets is just becuase the economy was awesome largely for reasons unrelated to him? I mean, the computer boom happened during his presidency. The single greatest invention/economic transformation of the century or in human history or whatever just conveniently occurred during his time in office. Of course people remember the decade of incredibly low unemployment and unsustainable economic growth fondly.

It was awesome on paper. We all learned soon enough how not awesome it was.

Yeah, I mean most Americans don't really do a critical analysis of cause and effect. Pretty much just a "hey was I happy with my life when that guy was president? He must have done OK" kinda thing. The 90s were definitely a decade of artificial hope, economy-wise.

I was poor as fuck in the Clinton era (I spent most of 1994-99 about two paychecks behind), and massively underemployed (admittedly, I was young, and didn't have a degree yet), so every time I hear about how great the economy was then I wonder how nice those clothes the emperor wore really were.

So you were in college.  No offense, but isn't being poor a condition of college life?  

It certainly was for me.

Hence the disclaimer, you potato-headed lunk. However, even at the time, the people I knew with money were already in credit card debt up to their tits. I think "good economy" is almost always based on who you're valuing. I mean, when I asked my rural Southern relatives about the Great Depression for a school project, every one of them said the Roaring 20s were just as bad for them as the 30s.

Maybe your whore of a grandmother sould've put out more.
She was Midwestern, you bog-soaked cabbage-muncher.

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE.  HUEY DOES. NOT. LIKE. CABBAGE.

I'm willing to let the meme live so long as we can agree to let the meme that both of Bort's grandmothers were whores live.

Fuck off and die you spectrum-dwelling corned beef meatball.

I can't tell if you guys are being serious.

I am. I've told that shithead not to talk about my other grandmother.

Oh my.  Who put the muscle in Bort's Superman cereal?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2016, 03:10:07 PM »
It took us 5 days to get to this point in the "Fuck It's Silent" thread. We really have matured.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2016, 03:14:55 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 20, 2016, 02:42:48 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 20, 2016, 02:36:21 PM
Quote from: PANK! on January 20, 2016, 11:57:01 AM
Quote from: Tonker on January 20, 2016, 11:31:01 AM
Quote from: Bort on January 20, 2016, 11:15:09 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 20, 2016, 09:28:24 AM
Quote from: Bort on January 20, 2016, 07:51:46 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 19, 2016, 04:40:28 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 19, 2016, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 19, 2016, 12:06:23 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 19, 2016, 12:02:59 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 19, 2016, 11:29:17 AM
How much of the love Clinton gets is just becuase the economy was awesome largely for reasons unrelated to him? I mean, the computer boom happened during his presidency. The single greatest invention/economic transformation of the century or in human history or whatever just conveniently occurred during his time in office. Of course people remember the decade of incredibly low unemployment and unsustainable economic growth fondly.

It was awesome on paper. We all learned soon enough how not awesome it was.

Yeah, I mean most Americans don't really do a critical analysis of cause and effect. Pretty much just a "hey was I happy with my life when that guy was president? He must have done OK" kinda thing. The 90s were definitely a decade of artificial hope, economy-wise.

I was poor as fuck in the Clinton era (I spent most of 1994-99 about two paychecks behind), and massively underemployed (admittedly, I was young, and didn't have a degree yet), so every time I hear about how great the economy was then I wonder how nice those clothes the emperor wore really were.

So you were in college.  No offense, but isn't being poor a condition of college life?  

It certainly was for me.

Hence the disclaimer, you potato-headed lunk. However, even at the time, the people I knew with money were already in credit card debt up to their tits. I think "good economy" is almost always based on who you're valuing. I mean, when I asked my rural Southern relatives about the Great Depression for a school project, every one of them said the Roaring 20s were just as bad for them as the 30s.

Maybe your whore of a grandmother sould've put out more.
She was Midwestern, you bog-soaked cabbage-muncher.

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE.  HUEY DOES. NOT. LIKE. CABBAGE.

I'm willing to let the meme live so long as we can agree to let the meme that both of Bort's grandmothers were whores live.

Fuck off and die you spectrum-dwelling corned beef meatball.

I can't tell if you guys are being serious.

For the record I'm not being serious, and the fact that I actually have to go on record with that statement strikes me as troubling.  Has Desipio gone topsy-turvy?  This is the last bastion of which I'm aware that doesn't have sacred cows*...or so I thought.

*Don't get your undies in a  bunch, Bort.  I wasn't calling your grandmother a cow.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2016, 03:18:18 PM »
I got a little cranky for reasons best not elaborated on.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2016, 04:11:24 PM »
Going back to an earlier point: if people just said "well, my life is good therefore I like the President" a lot more of my family would like Obama.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2016, 04:13:36 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 20, 2016, 04:11:24 PM
Going back to an earlier point: if people just said "well, my life is good therefore I like the President" a lot more of my family would like Obama.

True, I guess this comes with the usual caveat of:

1) Hardcore conservatives are going to hate any liberal
2) Hardcore democrats are going to hate any conservative
3) Lots of people are going to hate the black guy

But that middle group of people who actually allow their opinions of presidents to be shaped by something other than pure party line probably are basing that opinion on how good their life was during that president's term.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2016, 07:49:28 AM »
Welcome back.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2016, 08:38:41 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 20, 2016, 04:13:36 PM

But that middle group of people who actually allow their opinions of presidents to be shaped by something other than pure party line probably are basing that opinion on how good their life was during that president's term.

I'm not sure it's party line as much as ideology.  There are plenty of Democrats for whom I have at least a little disdain.  Not that ideology is a good excuse for anything...

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2016, 01:16:21 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 21, 2016, 07:49:28 AM
Welcome back.

Her performance yesterday was scary, to say the least.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2016, 01:17:44 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 21, 2016, 08:38:41 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 20, 2016, 04:13:36 PM

I'm not sure it's party line as much as ideology.  There are plenty of Democrats for whom I have at least a little disdain.  Not that ideology is a good excuse for anything...

Yeah, my dad's family mostly worked for Caterpillar in Peoria and they were all UAW members. They pretty much judge presidents based solely on how they think that president treated the unions. Ronald Reagan is basically the fucking devil.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2016, 03:44:03 PM »
Living in America's hat, a lot of people here are baffled/concerned about Trump. I've explained to them that he has a following similar to the number of people who believe the moon landing was a hoax. The media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz, and I find myself feeling angry toward the people who get sucked in by it and take his candidacy seriously. For that matter, the whole "is Cruz eligible" nonsense is also outrageous. I guess the media feels that anything is better than focusing on the actual issues.
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2016, 03:48:29 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 21, 2016, 03:44:03 PM
Living in America's hat, a lot of people here are baffled/concerned about Trump. I've explained to them that he has a following similar to the number of people who believe the moon landing was a hoax. The media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz, and I find myself feeling angry toward the people who get sucked in by it and take his candidacy seriously. For that matter, the whole "is Cruz eligible" nonsense is also outrageous. I guess the media feels that anything is better than focusing on the actual issues.

Just show them the Canadian Donald Trump South Park episode and all their questions will be answered. Maybe.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2016, 04:18:31 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 21, 2016, 03:44:03 PM

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

I'm just interested in seeing how Morph and TJ justify voting for that cretin.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2016, 04:20:12 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 21, 2016, 03:44:03 PMThe media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz

Is this a saying?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2016, 04:47:18 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 21, 2016, 04:20:12 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 21, 2016, 03:44:03 PMThe media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz

Is this a saying?

No.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?