News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,035 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #495 on: March 16, 2016, 10:44:30 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 16, 2016, 09:44:58 AM
Quote from: Oleg on March 16, 2016, 09:29:50 AM
Quote from: CBStew on March 16, 2016, 09:24:02 AM
You guys complain about your choices of candidates in a March primary.  I don't get to vote in a primary until June, when there won't be any choices left.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Kasich is looking at that as his last stand.

I'm pretty sure Kasich is looking at the Convention as his last stand.

His path is tenuous, at best right now.  If he loses California (or New York or too many of the New England states), game over for him, no matter what happens at the convention.  This is, of course, assuming the GOP doesn't decide on the nuclear option with a brokered convention and nominates someone who finishes in third place among the voters.  Which would, frankly, be great entertainment value.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #496 on: March 16, 2016, 10:55:05 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 16, 2016, 10:44:30 AM
You guys complain about your choices of candidates in a March primary.  I don't get to vote in a primary until June, when there won't be any choices left.

His path is tenuous, at best right now.  If he loses California (or New York or too many of the New England states), game over for him, no matter what happens at the convention.  This is, of course, assuming the GOP doesn't decide on the nuclear option with a brokered convention and nominates someone who finishes in third place among the voters.  Which would, frankly, be great entertainment value.

If they do that, they immediately disenfranchise a huge swathe of their own voters.  If they don't do that, they immediately disenfranchise a huge swathe of their own voters.

In summary, ha ha.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #497 on: March 16, 2016, 10:56:52 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 16, 2016, 10:55:05 AM

If they do that, they immediately disenfranchise a huge swathe of their own voters.  If they don't do that, they immediately disenfranchise a huge swathe of their own voters.

In summary, ha ha.

Yeah it's hard to see how they survive a brokered convention. If they steal the nomination from Trump there's no way in hell Cruz or his supporters will go quietly into the night to see the nomination handed to Kasich. It'd be more likely to see Cruz throw in his lot with Trump at that point, I think, and that would presumably give Trump enough delegates to get it outright.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #498 on: March 16, 2016, 11:10:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 16, 2016, 10:56:52 AM

In summary, ha ha.

Yeah it's hard to see how they survive a brokered convention. If they steal the nomination from Trump there's no way in hell Cruz or his supporters will go quietly into the night to see the nomination handed to Kasich. It'd be more likely to see Cruz throw in his lot with Trump at that point, I think, and that would presumably give Trump enough delegates to get it outright.

I think both Cruz and Kasich think the other should drop out to consolidate support against Drumph.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #499 on: March 16, 2016, 11:12:52 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 16, 2016, 11:10:12 AM
You guys complain about your choices of candidates in a March primary.  I don't get to vote in a primary until June, when there won't be any choices left.

His path is tenuous, at best right now.  If he loses California (or New York or too many of the New England states), game over for him, no matter what happens at the convention.  This is, of course, assuming the GOP doesn't decide on the nuclear option with a brokered convention and nominates someone who finishes in third place among the voters.  Which would, frankly, be great entertainment value.

If they do that, they immediately disenfranchise a huge swathe of their own voters.  If they don't do that, they immediately disenfranchise a huge swathe of their own voters.

In summary, ha ha.

I think both Cruz and Kasich think the other should drop out to consolidate support against Drumph.

Right, and the party is telling Kasich to stay in this because they don't want Cruz either. Cruz seems like he's still trying to win over the establishment, but I think he's got enough rebel in him that when he realizes they're going to try to pass him over he very well could go with Trump because why would he make peace with an establishment that fucking hates him?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #500 on: March 16, 2016, 11:22:47 AM »
DPD, but whatever happens if the GOP establishment does try to screw over Trump and Cruz it's going to be really awesome to see the redneck and evangelical base of the party realize just how little the party actually cares about them.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #501 on: March 16, 2016, 11:25:24 AM »

In summary, ha ha.

Cruz has more than double the delegates Kasich has. And even if one dropped out and they consolidated delegates, they'd still trail Drumpf by almost a hundred.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #502 on: March 16, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 16, 2016, 10:32:58 AM
None of you live in the 5th district with Ken Dunkin, right? If you do, and voted against him, I thank you

Why? Because Mike Madigan is doing such a great job?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #503 on: March 16, 2016, 12:16:39 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on March 16, 2016, 11:25:24 AM

In summary, ha ha.

Cruz has more than double the delegates Kasich has. And even if one dropped out and they consolidated delegates, they'd still trail Drumpf by almost a hundred.

Did you count Rubio's delegates in there? I think it's fairly safe to say Rubio and Jeb's delegates, however many they had, will not be going to Trump.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #504 on: March 16, 2016, 12:34:32 PM »
If the Republicans refuse to hold a hearing on Garland, I hope Obama keeps putting reasonable options up for consideration. Then, when Hillary wins by like 350 electoral votes over Trump/Cruz, she can say "America has had their say" and nominate Bernie Sanders for the seat.

Make Chuck Grassley's Twitter feed great again, Hillary.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #505 on: March 16, 2016, 12:35:54 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 16, 2016, 12:34:32 PM
If the Republicans refuse to hold a hearing on Garland, I hope Obama keeps putting reasonable options up for consideration. Then, when Hillary wins by like 350 electoral votes over Trump/Cruz, she can say "America has had their say" and nominate Bernie Sanders for the seat.

Make Chuck Grassley's Twitter feed great again, Hillary.

I actually enjoy the conspiracy theory of Hillary turning around and nominating Obama for the seat.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #506 on: March 16, 2016, 12:36:02 PM »
If the Republicans refuse to hold a hearing on Garland, I hope Obama keeps putting reasonable options up for consideration. Then, when Hillary wins by like 350 electoral votes over Trump/Cruz, she can say "America has had their say" and nominate Bernie Sanders Obama himselffor the seat.

Even better'd.

Edit: Damn SKO and his obsessive-posting ways.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #507 on: March 16, 2016, 12:36:21 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 16, 2016, 12:36:02 PM
If the Republicans refuse to hold a hearing on Garland, I hope Obama keeps putting reasonable options up for consideration. Then, when Hillary wins by like 350 electoral votes over Trump/Cruz, she can say "America has had their say" and nominate Bernie Sanders Obama himselffor the seat.

Even better'd.

OBAMAFORJUSTICEFACED

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #508 on: March 16, 2016, 12:38:38 PM »
If the Republicans refuse to hold a hearing on Garland, I hope Obama keeps putting reasonable options up for consideration. Then, when Hillary wins by like 350 electoral votes over Drumpf/Cruz, she can say "America has had their say" and nominate Bernie Sanders Obama himselffor the seat.

Even better'd.

I was thinking Obama would be a good compromise pick after they refused to hold hearings on Sanders.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #509 on: March 16, 2016, 01:53:46 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 16, 2016, 12:38:38 PM
If the Republicans refuse to hold a hearing on Garland, I hope Obama keeps putting reasonable options up for consideration. Then, when Hillary wins by like 350 electoral votes over Drumpf/Cruz, she can say "America has had their say" and nominate Bernie Sanders Obama himselffor the seat.

Even better'd.

I was thinking Obama would be a good compromise pick after they refused to hold hearings on Sanders.

Here's the thing...

Being an Associate Justice after being POTUS would be a downgrade. The only former President to ever sit on the Supreme Court was Taft, and he served as Chief Justice. I think Obama would only want to do it if he were replacing Roberts.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16