News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,566 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 06:27:54 PM »
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 06:31:05 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 16, 2009, 06:27:54 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 16, 2009, 04:26:26 PM
Quote from: Eli on April 16, 2009, 04:24:11 PM
I hate Aaron Miles so much.

Ahem, over here.

Can't he hate him on two threads?

A very reasonable request. Granted.

That said, I want to reiterate my man-crush on Milton Bradley. If we want to put on our Gordon Douchenmeyer hats, and we don't, I'd say today's outburst probably did more to help his popularity in Chicago than harm it.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 10:04:41 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 16, 2009, 06:31:05 PM
I'd say today's outburst probably did more to help his popularity in Chicago than harm it.

Without a doubt.  But any self-respecting man that knew their day was done with that AB would've unloaded on the sorry excuse for an umpire behind the plate.  Given how littel Bradley said, I have a lot of respect for his ability to communicate so much with so few words.  If I were him, I would've showed up Vannover to the extreme and drew a line tracking the ball a good 4" or so off the plate--before unleashing the profanity.

That Lou didn't exit the dugout tells me that he's waiting to pick his spot later in the series.  I expect Vannover to have his ass served to him by Lou.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 10:29:05 PM »
I just found out that SMorph DVRed the game, so I got to watch that Milton AB a few times.  The count was 5 balls and 1 strike.  I mean, strikes 1 and 3 were fucking ridiculous.  Strike 3 was at least 6 inches inside when it crossed the plate.  It broke very hard, so it likely fooled that blind-as-a-bat Vanover, but still... no way that's a strike.  Milt had every right to get in that douchebazooka's face.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2009, 07:52:18 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on April 16, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
I just found out that SMorph DVRed the game, so I got to watch that Milton AB a few times.  The count was 5 balls and 1 strike.  I mean, strikes 1 and 3 were fucking ridiculous.  Strike 3 was at least 6 inches inside when it crossed the plate.  It broke very hard, so it likely fooled that blind-as-a-bat Vanover, but still... no way that's a strike.  Milt had every right to get in that douchebazooka's face.

Vannover was just pissed because Milton was up there being all awesome and shit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2009, 08:23:33 AM »

I don't blame Milton for thrown out of the game at all. Strike 3 was a horrible call.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2009, 08:33:17 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 17, 2009, 08:23:33 AM

I don't blame Milton for thrown out of the game at all. Strike 3 was a horrible call.

I'm sure he's happy to hear that
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2009, 08:43:19 AM »
Doesn't sound like this ump has a hangup.... geez.

The umpire who ejected Milton Bradley in his Wrigley Field debut Friday intends to file a report stating that the outfielder made physical contact.
Bradley is in serious danger of being suspended. He struck out looking on a full count pitch and shared a brief, but aggressive, exchange with umpire Dan Iassogna, at one point knocking the ump's hat slightly up his head. The report will be filed with the Commissioner's Office on Saturday. We'll keep you updated. Apr. 17 - 9:29 am et
Source: Cubs.mlb.com

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 08:53:27 AM »
Quote from: BH on April 17, 2009, 08:43:19 AM

The umpire who ejected Milton Bradley in his Wrigley Field debut Friday intends to file a report stating that the outfielder made physical contact.
Bradley is in serious danger of being suspended. He struck out looking on a full count pitch and shared a brief, but aggressive, exchange with umpire Dan Iassogna, at one point knocking the ump's hat slightly up his head. The report will be filed with the Commissioner's Office on Saturday. We'll keep you updated. Apr. 17 - 9:29 am et

That report isn't right. Iassogna was the second base umpire who said a report would be filed. Larry Vanover was the cockbag behind the plate who ass-raped Bradley on balls and strikes and then tossed him.

According to the Trib the only contact between Bradley and Vanover was the bills of their caps and it's so brief you have to run the tape in slo-mo to even see it.

Knowing his desire to fuck the Cubs in any conceivable way I would guess Bud makes sure Bradley gets a few days off. Fucking douchebag.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 09:31:13 AM »
When I read the report on Rotoworld I thought that it was going to be a pretty serious thing.  After watching the video on Cubs.com, it was hardly an Alomar-spat-in-the-face or a Delwyn Delmon Young bat toss at the ump.  That third strike was a terrible call, and in a 4-4 game in the sixth with this being Milton's only action of the game, it was actually not a bad choice to argue and get tossed.  Hype up the crowd and his team a bit.  It didn't work, but it didn't do anything but make me want to take him to a nice seafood and steak dinner.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 09:36:33 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on April 17, 2009, 08:53:27 AM

That report isn't right. Iassogna was the second base umpire who said a report would be filed. Larry Vanover was the cockbag behind the plate who ass-raped Bradley on balls and strikes and then tossed him.

According to the Trib the only contact between Bradley and Vanover was the bills of their caps and it's so brief you have to run the tape in slo-mo to even see it.

Knowing his desire to fuck the Cubs in any conceivable way I would guess Bud makes sure Bradley gets a few days off. Fucking douchebag.

Given his overall competence, if Bud is trying to fuck the Cubs, the Cubs will win the pennant by August 15th.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on April 17, 2009, 09:31:13 AM
Delwyn Delmon Young bat toss at the ump. 

Rays'd. Twins'd Corrected.

theoneandonlyjim

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2009, 12:08:43 PM »

As predicted...
Too many late nights raising hell worked a little all too well...

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2009, 01:09:34 PM »
Quote from: theoneandonlyjim on April 18, 2009, 12:08:43 PM

As predicted...

QuoteThough television replays made it appear Cardinals starter Adam Wainwright received a generous call, he said the pitch "was too close to take."

On Friday, Bradley refused to talk about the incident, while Piniella backed his player, saying "it didn't look like a good pitch to me."

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa countered Piniella's take.

"I don't know how the Cubs get away with making the comments they make about umpires," he said.

Mother. Fucker.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »
He should just sit out a couple of games while he's still kinda hurt so he can rest up.