News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kyle Hendricks Low Velocity Assassin Splooge Thread  ( 51,922 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kyle Hendricks Low Velocity Assassin Splooge Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2015, 01:35:48 PM »
Quote from: Eli on September 17, 2015, 01:33:47 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 17, 2015, 01:21:40 PM
Quote from: Eli on September 17, 2015, 01:20:06 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 17, 2015, 01:11:06 PM
Quote from: Eli on September 17, 2015, 01:09:07 PM
Quote from: PANK! on September 17, 2015, 12:59:52 PM
What a difference a year makes.  That whole quote box is one hilarious bag 'o' wrong.

Quality Start Machine.

Peace offering: Sterling had him pegged from day one. Good on you, kid.

He sure did. And looking back, Fork seems to have been the only one really caught up believing in Hendricks.

Fork also gave us this in the thread:

Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 13, 2014, 11:55:39 AM
Alcantara has been able to hit at each level, even if he might not get off to a rip-roaring start - same thing with Baez. There's no reaso ton believe either of these guys shouldn't both figure out big-league pitching.

No reason at all to believe Alcantara can't hit major-league pitching.

Yeah, everyone else was saying it'd be awesome if Hendricks kept it up, Fork was the only one saying he would most definitely keep it up because minor league stats.

The lesson here, obviously, is to never believe in anyone or anything.

No joke, until you bumped that post I had completely forgotten Mendy was ever a thing. How quickly we move on.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2015, 03:35:40 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 17, 2015, 01:11:06 PM
Quote from: Eli on September 17, 2015, 01:09:07 PM
Quote from: PANK! on September 17, 2015, 12:59:52 PM
What a difference a year makes.  That whole quote box is one hilarious bag 'o' wrong.

Quality Start Machine.

Peace offering: Sterling had him pegged from day one. Good on you, kid.

Accepted. I proudly stand on my record of hating Kyle Hendricks. Let's all enjoy the Cubs being a good team, finally, and start blocking time in our schedules for the post-World Series shirtless hug exchanges.

And I had also stopped checking Mendy's stats a long time ago. RIP. 
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on September 17, 2015, 01:14:27 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 17, 2015, 12:56:44 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 17, 2015, 12:47:47 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 13, 2014, 10:12:18 AM
Quote from: Slaky on August 13, 2014, 09:55:49 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on August 13, 2014, 09:15:34 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 13, 2014, 08:36:30 AM
If this kid can give us Randy Well's first two years as a #4 or #5 on a good team (with Arrieta and Lester #1 and 2, natch), I'd take that in a goddamn minute.

More like Randy Welp, AMIRITE?

Anyway, Hendricks' FIP (Look at me I read Grantland) is 3.30 and it's been low throughout his minor league career. I say he can pitch at this level. Until he can't.

Right. Even if he ERA rises over time to meet that FIP I'll take a mid-3 ERA any fifth day. Gimme more Kyle. Gimme more.

There's been no indication at any point in his career to indicate that he can't continue getting motherfuckers out. Even as he makes his second round through the NL, he's shown himself to be a smart enough pitcher to be able to adjust to hitters as they adjust to him.

He'll just be a Quality Start Machine for years.

In Fork's defense he makes hilariously optimistic forecasts about every prospect to wear a Cubs uniform, so he's bound to be wrong sometimes.

Hey, even I pumped the brakes on the "next Maddux" talk that was floating around.

I'd say he's more like the next Geremi Gonzalez. Lightning can strike twice, right?
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2015, 12:26:49 AM »
Well, if they end up facing the Royals in the World Series, I guess they can try Kyle.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2015, 07:41:14 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 29, 2015, 12:26:49 AM
Well, if they end up facing the Royals in the World Series, I guess they can try Kyle.

He's looked pretty solid his last two times out. Would expect he's pitched himself well ahead of Hammel for the third spot in the playoff rotation, although I'm sure Joe will tell the Bullpen Hydra to stay loose and be ready at the very first sign of trouble.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2015, 08:26:22 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 29, 2015, 07:41:14 AM

He's looked pretty solid his last two times out. Would expect he's pitched himself well ahead of Hammel for the third spot in the playoff rotation, although I'm sure Joe will tell the Bullpen Hydra to stay loose and be ready at the very first sign of trouble.

He had a couple 20-pitch innings before he finally settled down, but any time you get 6 scoreless innings from anybody not named Lester or Arrieta it's a blessing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2015, 08:31:27 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on September 29, 2015, 08:26:22 AM

He had a couple 20-pitch innings before he finally settled down, but any time you get 6 scoreless innings from anybody not named Lester or Arrieta it's a blessing.

Some of that was a kind of inconsistent strike zone, some of that looked to me like Kyle deciding he'd rather walk a guy than give him something to hit. He will live and die nibbling, but if he has that change up that he's had his last two times out he can strike out enough guys to get away with it for 5-6 innings.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2015, 10:57:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 29, 2015, 08:31:27 AM

Some of that was a kind of inconsistent strike zone, some of that looked to me like Kyle deciding he'd rather walk a guy than give him something to hit. He will live and die nibbling, but if he has that change up that he's had his last two times out he can strike out enough guys to get away with it for 5-6 innings.

All it's gonna take is one of his diarrhea faced outings in a Real Playoff Game to make us so mad that more than one of us will die of a stroke on the SPOT.

Think real long and hard about this Joe.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2015, 11:00:38 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 29, 2015, 10:57:34 AM

All it's gonna take is one of his diarrhea faced outings in a Real Playoff Game to make us so mad that more than one of us will die of a stroke on the SPOT.

Well the alternative is Hammel, who has been worse than Kyle in the second half and unlike Kyle, who usually falls apart slowly and can usually get through one or two turns through the order without a total pants-shitting, Hammel tends to shit the bed right off the bat. If Joe starts Hendricks and goes to the bullpen the second he gets himself in trouble they're probably in better shape than if they started Hammel and he puts them in a whole before the national anthem's even over.

I don't like either option but David Price ain't walking through that door yet. Arrieta/Lester/Hendricks, and if they need a fourth starter go with the Wood/Cahill/Richard monster.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2015, 11:03:05 AM »
Jon and Jake and pray for a quake.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2015, 11:21:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 29, 2015, 11:00:38 AM

Well the alternative is Hammel, who has been worse than Kyle in the second half and unlike Kyle, who usually falls apart slowly and can usually get through one or two turns through the order without a total pants-shitting, Hammel tends to shit the bed right off the bat. If Joe starts Hendricks and goes to the bullpen the second he gets himself in trouble they're probably in better shape than if they started Hammel and he puts them in a whole before the national anthem's even over.

I don't like either option but David Price ain't walking through that door yet. Arrieta/Lester/Hendricks, and if they need a fourth starter go with the Wood/Cahill/Richard monster.

The ... whole whole?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2015, 11:24:09 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 29, 2015, 11:21:05 AM

The ... whole whole?

All of it, yes.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2015, 11:49:15 AM »

The ... whole whole?

Stop being an asswhole.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2015, 11:53:48 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 29, 2015, 11:49:15 AM

The ... whole whole?

Stop being an asswhole.

Wholey cow
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2015, 11:54:39 AM »
DPD.
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on September 29, 2015, 11:03:05 AM
Jon and Jake and pray for a quake.
How long you been sitting on that one, Shecky?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck