News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kyle Hendricks Low Velocity Assassin Splooge Thread  ( 51,810 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kyle Hendricks Low Velocity Assassin Splooge Thread
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2016, 09:57:28 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 25, 2016, 09:53:02 AM
Quote from: Bort on August 25, 2016, 09:38:31 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 25, 2016, 08:16:54 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 25, 2016, 08:05:53 AM
Also that was 17 straight quality starts by Kyle, the longest streak by any pitcher in baseball that year. That's the kind of thing that should earn a guy a nickname or something.

"Quality" Kyle Hendricks?

Kyle "The Beginner Who Tends To Do Pretty Well By Certain Standards" Hendranzobeanz.

"Dependable, and semi-durable hurling automaton"

You left out "banzobeanz" but I think we're getting somewhere. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2016, 07:17:02 PM »
I will never not enjoy the fact that the Cubs' most vanilla and emotionless pitcher takes the mound to "Sweet Emotion".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2016, 12:43:26 AM »
Definitely deserves a bump for another fine performance.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: September 01, 2016, 12:25:09 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on August 31, 2016, 12:43:26 AM
Definitely deserves a bump for another fine performance.

I assume you're on board until he gives up a run or two.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2016, 01:31:15 PM »
JD brought up an interesting point the other night - where last year we'd all start sweating Hendricks' seeing a lineup for the third time, this year he's been changing his pitching mix each time through the order.

Dartmouth gave him some smarts.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2016, 09:26:16 PM »
So close. Jeremy Hazelbaker still sucks.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2016, 09:26:54 PM »

Damn that was a gut punch
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2016, 09:33:06 PM »
Good to know Joe West is still a fucking piece of shit.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2016, 10:01:18 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on September 12, 2016, 09:33:06 PM

Kerry Wood has been retweeting Joe West hate, so there's our silver lining.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2016, 10:48:51 PM »

I of course was just listening to the radio, so I didn't see what happened. Then I went to buy cat litter. Then I thought I'd look to see if there was a description. Instead, I found something much weirder:

Quote from: Joe Maddon
I don't know if you can overdo it or underdo it. You just do it. It's almost like there's no such thing as good yoga or bad yoga. It's yoga. There's no such thing as good meditation or bad meditation. It's meditation. There's no such thing as good celebration of bad celebration. It's just celebration.

I'm leaning toward confusion over the notion that there's no such thing as "good karma," but it's a (possibly metaphysical) head-scratcher.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2016, 01:23:49 AM »

I have very little problem with what West did there.  Maddon was stalling for time, West knew it, he tried to stop it and so Joe had no choice but to get himself into an argument and get tossed.  God knows I hate me some Cowboy Joe, but on this occasion he really was just umpiring the game.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2016, 06:15:34 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 13, 2016, 01:23:49 AM

I have very little problem with what West did there.  Maddon was stalling for time, West knew it, he tried to stop it and so Joe had no choice but to get himself into an argument and get tossed.  God knows I hate me some Cowboy Joe, but on this occasion he really was just umpiring the game.

Measured thoughts are not appreciated, Tonk. You must maintain the groupthink that Cowboy Joe is the worst and perpetrated something awful against the Cubs.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2016, 07:10:56 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 13, 2016, 06:15:34 AM

Measured thoughts are not appreciated, Tonk. You must maintain the groupthink that Cowboy Joe is the worst and perpetrated something awful against the Cubs.

Yeah.  After I wrote this, I went on Twitter and HOLY SHIT you'd have thought Joe West hit the home run himself.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2016, 07:52:36 AM »

He was within his right as an umpire to do it, but like Joe said, most umpires would have been more understanding of the moment and that for all that is stupid about baseball tradition it's still considered bad luck to warm up the bullpen while a guy has a no hitter going, and they'd have allowed the stupid pointless mound visit to give Chapman a bit longer to warm up. It was a violation of the "unwritten rules" while following the written rules. I don't know that people overreacted so much as we just like dumping heaps of shit on Joe West because he deserves it always.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2016, 07:57:05 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 13, 2016, 07:10:56 AM
Quote from: Yeti on September 13, 2016, 06:15:34 AM

Yeah.  After I wrote this, I went on Twitter and HOLY SHIT you'd have thought Joe West hit the home run himself.

I get what SKO says above, but West let Miggy know Maddon was calling for him and then when Maddon apparently did something he wasn't supposed to do, he called him out for it.....

Conspiracy time: Maddon knew West would say no and he would argue it to give Chapman time. And the world would continue to hate Joe West