News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!  ( 41,907 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!
« Reply #300 on: January 16, 2012, 01:06:25 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 16, 2012, 11:09:54 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 16, 2012, 10:10:15 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 15, 2012, 07:29:44 PM
Quote from: BC on January 15, 2012, 07:05:57 PM
This is a first:

Thank you Giants.

First?

I think he means he never rooted for the Giants and won before. I myself was rooting for the Pats in the Super Bowl because the Giants are fucking geigh and I wanted the 72 Dolphins to feast on shitburgers once and for all. I did root for the Giants against the 49ers when they blew Joe Montana to smithereens so there was much rejoicing then. But go Niners next week. I mean, yeah, thank you, Giants and all. Now go the blue fuck away.

Not even here?

Oh, yeah. :)
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2012, 05:38:04 PM »

I wouldn't want to be a soccer player living in Baltimore right now.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2012, 06:05:42 PM »
Quote from: flannj on January 22, 2012, 05:38:04 PM

I wouldn't want to be a soccer player living in Baltimore right now.

Neither would Alfonso Soriano, damn his eyes.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: January 22, 2012, 09:39:41 PM »
FUCKING KYLE WILLIAMS

FORKLIFT SUCKS

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2012, 07:51:35 AM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on January 22, 2012, 09:39:41 PM
FUCKING KYLE WILLIAMS

FORKLIFT SUCKS

That was Kenny's son right?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2012, 09:53:25 AM »

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2012, 10:12:32 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 23, 2012, 09:53:25 AM
Quote from: BH on January 23, 2012, 07:51:35 AM
FUCKING KYLE WILLIAMS

FORKLIFT SUCKS

Yep.

He was due to give something back after having taken so much in the past. /obligatory "Kenny Williams' kids are theiving juvenile delinquents" joke.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2012, 10:39:17 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 23, 2012, 10:12:32 AM
Quote from: Slaky on January 23, 2012, 09:53:25 AM
Quote from: BH on January 23, 2012, 07:51:35 AM
FUCKING KYLE WILLIAMS

FORKLIFT SUCKS

Yep.

He was due to give something back after having taken so much in the past. /obligatory "Kenny Williams' kids are theiving juvenile delinquents" joke.

I laughed - before the explanation. You sold yourself short a bit here.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2012, 10:49:26 AM »
I had a hard time rooting for either SF or NYG yesterday. I kept forgetting who I wanted to win and why. In the end I was for the Giants because I want to see them get served by the Patriots in retaliation for their inexplicable victory in the last matchup - which pissed me off mainly because the '72 Dolphins remained relevant. I'm going to be in Indy for the Super Bowl and the Manning facefuckery and Patriots hate will get me back in the mood to rock a hoodie with sleeves cut and scowl at everyone I meet. My grudges run deep.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2012, 11:03:48 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 23, 2012, 10:49:26 AM
I had a hard time rooting for either SF or NYG yesterday. I kept forgetting who I wanted to win and why. In the end I was for the Giants because I want to see them get served by the Patriots in retaliation for their inexplicable victory in the last matchup - which pissed me off mainly because the '72 Dolphins remained relevant. I'm going to be in Indy for the Super Bowl and the Manning facefuckery and Patriots hate will get me back in the mood to rock a hoodie with sleeves cut and scowl at everyone I meet. My grudges run deep.

As CT wisely pointed out 4 years ago--and changed my mind in doing so--the Patriots finishing a championship season undefeated and untied may have gone a long way toward shutting up those asshats from Miami. However, in doing so, that would merely kick off another several decades of NEW self-important asshattery from a possibly MORE insufferable bunch.  The '72 Dolphins, after all, will soon all be dead anyway, so I'm fine with those guys hanging on to the record for now, because it means I won't have to brace for 40 more years of Tedy Bruschi and Wes Welker popping bubbly and slapping themsleves on the back every time some subsequent team lost their first game of the season after Halloween.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2012, 11:11:06 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 23, 2012, 11:03:48 AM

As CT wisely pointed out 4 years ago--and changed my mind in doing so--the Patriots finishing a championship season undefeated and untied may have gone a long way toward shutting up those asshats from Miami. However, in doing so, that would merely kick off another several decades of NEW self-important asshattery from a possibly MORE insufferable bunch.  The '72 Dolphins, after all, will soon all be dead anyway, so I'm fine with those guys hanging on to the record for now, because it means I won't have to brace for 40 more years of Tedy Bruschi and Wes Welker popping bubbly and slapping themsleves on the back every time some subsequent team lost their first game of the season after Halloween.

Yeah, Massholes are as bad as it gets without having That to hang their hat on. They can say "GREATEST TEAM EVAH" about any of their three titles and people will say "no, not even close." That's what we've got. Dolphins fans are easy to disable considering very few of the ones I deal with have any real connection to the 72 dolphins and their franchise has been total horseshit for the last decade. LET THEM KEEP IT. Plus you can always asterisk the 72 Dolphins by pointing out the 14 game schedule and the .328 opponent winning %. The 2007 Patriots would have been damn near ironclad.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2012, 11:32:26 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 23, 2012, 11:11:06 AM

Yeah, Massholes are as bad as it gets without having That to hang their hat on. They can say "GREATEST TEAM EVAH" about any of their three titles and people will say "no, not even close." That's what we've got. Dolphins fans are easy to disable considering very few of the ones I deal with have any real connection to the 72 dolphins and their franchise has been total horseshit for the last decade. LET THEM KEEP IT. Plus you can always asterisk the 72 Dolphins by pointing out the 14 game schedule and the .328 opponent winning %. The 2007 Patriots would have been damn near ironclad.

Giant fans aren't even the most insufferable fans in NY.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2012, 11:36:40 AM »

Have we even been treated to a '72 Dolphins champagne toast on ESPN since 2008?

I certainly don't recall a single mention of Mercury Morris crossing my mental transom after Green Bay fell in KC this season. Maybe it's just because I don't maintain rapt attention to ESPN much these days myself, but I feel like even the braintrust in Bristol have stopped giving shit about that those fading stars.

And that would indeed make Super Bowl XLII win-win.

Well... Maybe win-win-lose.

Because fuck the Giants.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: January 23, 2012, 11:38:03 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 23, 2012, 11:32:26 AM

As CT wisely pointed out 4 years ago--and changed my mind in doing so--the Patriots finishing a championship season undefeated and untied may have gone a long way toward shutting up those asshats from Miami. However, in doing so, that would merely kick off another several decades of NEW self-important asshattery from a possibly MORE insufferable bunch.  The '72 Dolphins, after all, will soon all be dead anyway, so I'm fine with those guys hanging on to the record for now, because it means I won't have to brace for 40 more years of Tedy Bruschi and Wes Welker popping bubbly and slapping themsleves on the back every time some subsequent team lost their first game of the season after Halloween.

Giant fans aren't even the most insufferable fans in NY.

They're a close second, which puts them in the shirtless team pic for most insufferable fans worldwide. And yes, I do recognize Bears fans' robust appearance on the periphery of said pic.

*On a barely-related note, I watched the Knicks/Denver game on NBA TV the other night with the Knicks feed. I had forgotten how much I love Clyde Frazier. He rips that team to shreds nightly and it's totally deserved and hilarious. Walt's the best there is in my opinion. And Carmelo Anthony is the worst great basketball player I've ever seen.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2012, 11:45:23 AM »

All this is valid. That said: try living in Indianapolis for one day and not wish bad things upon every Manning who ever existed. I defy you. Even Ricky.