News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!  ( 41,885 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2011, 10:16:51 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 29, 2011, 10:13:53 AM
Quote from: CT III on July 29, 2011, 10:03:39 AM
Quote from: Slaky on July 29, 2011, 09:44:32 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 29, 2011, 09:39:16 AM
Bears are moving fast today, even if they're going somewhere no one understands. Signed Roy Williams and Sam Hurd, both of them low-risk signings, I guess, but unless Roy manages to magically recreate his awesome numbers under Marts five years ago we'll all hate him to death. They also agreed with Paea and Conte, leaving just Carimi unsigned. Hopefully that means they're moving fast on their other FA targets. Whomever they are, although I'm not sure who their plan D on the offensive line was after Colon, Clabo, and Bushrod. Hopefully Justin Blalock or Harvey Dahl of Atlanta. I'd prefer Blalock.

Every time you mention a lineman he gets signed by another team. Stop this.

SKO really does think they're going to sign a lineman, and he loses a bit more of his mind each time one of those guys signs elsewhere.  It's kind of sad to watch.

We're watching him deteriorate. I can't wait to see him foam at the mouth after a couple terrible preseason games.

Hey now, I was the guy saying they were going to go 11-5 when they were 0-4 in the preseason. Who here has forgotten Huey called me "fucking annoying" following the Detroit game when I said they weren't a bad football team?

But yeah, this shit's getting on my nerves. SIGN A FUCKING LINEMAN. Sonofabitch.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 29, 2011, 10:16:51 AM
Bears are moving fast today, even if they're going somewhere no one understands. Signed Roy Williams and Sam Hurd, both of them low-risk signings, I guess, but unless Roy manages to magically recreate his awesome numbers under Marts five years ago we'll all hate him to death. They also agreed with Paea and Conte, leaving just Carimi unsigned. Hopefully that means they're moving fast on their other FA targets. Whomever they are, although I'm not sure who their plan D on the offensive line was after Colon, Clabo, and Bushrod. Hopefully Justin Blalock or Harvey Dahl of Atlanta. I'd prefer Blalock.

SKO really does think they're going to sign a lineman, and he loses a bit more of his mind each time one of those guys signs elsewhere.  It's kind of sad to watch.

We're watching him deteriorate. I can't wait to see him foam at the mouth after a couple terrible preseason games.

Hey now, I was the guy saying they were going to go 11-5 when they were 0-4 in the preseason. Who here has forgotten Huey called me "fucking annoying" following the Detroit game when I said they weren't a bad football team?

But yeah, this shit's getting on my nerves. SIGN A FUCKING LINEMAN. Sonofabitch.

I was the one screaming DOOOM at the TV during the first quarter of the first preseason game. I promise not to do that anymore.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2011, 10:24:30 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 29, 2011, 10:24:00 AM

I was the one screaming DOOOM at the TV during the first quarter of the first preseason game. I promise not to do that anymore.

#fuckoffanddiemeatball

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »

I have but am always up for revisiting Huard redassery. Link?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 29, 2011, 10:24:30 AM

SKO really does think they're going to sign a lineman, and he loses a bit more of his mind each time one of those guys signs elsewhere.  It's kind of sad to watch.

#fuckoffanddiemeatball

Will do.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/10194/sam-hurd

It seems that SAM HURD has played a lot of games without catching a lot of passes. Does he rate high on special teams? They lost Rashied to the Lions, so this might be a better signing than most figure.

EDIT: SAM HURD BONERTIME

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4673780/sam-hurd-sets-special-teams-tone

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2011, 10:31:01 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 29, 2011, 10:26:18 AM

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=7514.msg225375#msg225375
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »
Really liking this SAM HURD signing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-report-bears-add-former-niu-receiver-hurd-20110729,0,7610796.story

Quote"He can play," former Cowboys receivers coach Ray Sherman told the Tribune. "He has a great work ethic and is smart. Tough. He has no fear. He's a great special teams player. He probably was the best special teams player there, and he played very well at receiver too."

*buys jersey online*

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2011, 10:56:11 AM »

At Bar on Buena?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 29, 2011, 10:31:01 AM

DPD.

I was just asshurt because you yelled at me and I was only trying to irreverently refer to that game as a bad football game.  Which I stand by.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 29, 2011, 10:59:00 AM

DPD.

I was just asshurt because you yelled at me and I was only trying to irreverently refer to that game as a bad football game.  Which I stand by.

WHY WON'T YOU LET HUEY BE IRREVERENT? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: July 29, 2011, 11:07:14 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 29, 2011, 11:03:00 AM

DPD.

I mean, I'll never be BananaHands, but COME.  ON.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 29, 2011, 11:07:14 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 29, 2011, 11:03:00 AM

DPD.

I mean, I'll never be BananaHands, but COME.  ON.

You can be really fucking irreverent sometimes.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2011, 11:11:39 AM »
BradBiggs
27 minutes ago
RT @XAMSports: Congrats to LB Tim Shaw @TShawsTruth who will be returning to the Tennessee Titans on a one-year deal.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2011, 11:15:34 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on July 29, 2011, 11:11:39 AM
BradBiggs
27 minutes ago
RT @XAMSports: Congrats to LB Tim Shaw @TShawsTruth who will be returning to the Tennessee Titans on a one-year deal.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2011, 11:16:11 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on July 29, 2011, 11:11:39 AM
BradBiggs
27 minutes ago

(||)