News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 364,191 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #2025 on: February 19, 2015, 09:08:55 PM »
Quote from: Paddy O'Ptoat on February 19, 2015, 05:53:35 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on February 19, 2015, 04:57:22 PM
If I didn't WANT to run naked through Lincoln Park, I wouldn't have made such a stupid bet. Olt's solid. This should go well up until the point that I welch on the bet by blaring Linkin Park through my bedroom and running around with all kinds of crazy messages inscribed on my derriere. I once threatened to run through Grant Park naked with "FUCK DALY" painted on my ass if the Bears lost to Brian Griese's Tampa Bay Bucs. Then that happened and I turtled.

Anyway. What were we talking about?

Too bad.  I would have loved seeing some meatball mis-spelling the mayor's name on his derriere as he pranced around the museum campus.

Says the expert on misspelling.

But not a meatball.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2026 on: February 20, 2015, 08:11:09 AM »
Quote from: Fork on February 19, 2015, 09:08:55 PM
If I didn't WANT to run naked through Lincoln Park, I wouldn't have made such a stupid bet. Olt's solid. This should go well up until the point that I welch on the bet by blaring Linkin Park through my bedroom and running around with all kinds of crazy messages inscribed on my derriere. I once threatened to run through Grant Park naked with "FUCK DALY" painted on my ass if the Bears lost to Brian Griese's Tampa Bay Bucs. Then that happened and I turtled.

Too bad.  I would have loved seeing some meatball mis-spelling the mayor's name on his derriere as he pranced around the museum campus.

Says the expert on misspelling mashing his sausage-like digits on the computer keyboard like a common PANK.

But not a meatball.

Typo'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2027 on: February 20, 2015, 09:58:50 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 20, 2015, 08:11:09 AM

Says the expert on misspelling mashing his sausage-like digits on the computer keyboard like a common PANK.

But not a meatball.

Typo'd.

My narrow ass is only good for four letters a cheek. Some assumptions have to be made that I was angry at our ex-mayor and not the plump, wild pants-wearing golfer.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2028 on: February 20, 2015, 10:28:46 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 20, 2015, 09:58:50 AM
Quote from: PANK! on February 20, 2015, 08:11:09 AM

But not a meatball.

Typo'd.

My narrow ass is only good for four letters a cheek. Some assumptions have to be made that I was angry at our ex-mayor and not the plump, wild pants-wearing golfer.
This thread is causing images in my head that I will never be able to erase.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2029 on: February 20, 2015, 01:01:12 PM »
Just to make our FUTUREBONERS throb a little harder, imagine Maddon rolling this out at some point this Spring...

1-Fowler CF
2-Castro SS
3-Bryant 3B
4-Rizzo 1B
5-Soler RF
6-SKOWarber DH
7-Baez 2B
8-Denorfia LF
9-Montero C

Getting to the 8th spot in the lineup would be pretty much a matter of survival for pitchers.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2030 on: February 20, 2015, 01:22:01 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 20, 2015, 01:01:12 PM
Just to make our FUTUREBONERS throb a little harder, imagine Maddon rolling this out at some point this Spring...

1-Fowler CF
2-Castro SS
3-Bryant 3B
4-Rizzo 1B
5-Soler RF
6-SKOWarber DH
7-Baez 2B
8-Denorfia LF
9-Montero C

Getting to the 8th spot in the lineup would be pretty much a matter of survival for pitchers.

Provided Soler and Bryant continue to hit as well as they did last year, Baez hits much better than he did last year, and Schwarber fulfills his optimal projection, which seems far from being confirmed at this point, yeah I'm right there with you.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2031 on: February 20, 2015, 01:32:59 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 20, 2015, 01:22:01 PM

1-Fowler CF
2-Castro SS
3-Bryant 3B
4-Rizzo 1B
5-Soler RF
6-SKOWarber DH
7-Baez 2B
8-Denorfia LF
9-Montero C

Provided Soler and Bryant continue to hit as well as they did last year, Baez hits much better than he did last year, and Schwarber fulfills his optimal projection, which seems far from being confirmed at this point, yeah I'm right there with you.

Assuming everyone doesn't die, Eli Eli Eli Eli.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2032 on: February 20, 2015, 01:44:01 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 20, 2015, 01:32:59 PM

1-Fowler CF
2-Castro SS
3-Bryant 3B
4-Rizzo 1B
5-Soler RF
6-SKOWarber DH
7-Baez 2B
8-Denorfia LF
9-Montero C

I would say I'm most excited about Chris Denorfia

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2033 on: February 20, 2015, 01:44:19 PM »

1-Fowler CF
2-Castro SS
3-Bryant 3B
4-Rizzo 1B
5-Soler RF
6-SKOWarber DH
7-Baez 2B
8-Denorfia LF
9-Montero C

Yeah, being cautious and reasonable in one's expectations is way more dumb than assuming every prospect in the system will hit their best-case projection.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2034 on: February 20, 2015, 01:47:10 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 20, 2015, 01:44:19 PM

1-Fowler CF
2-Castro SS
3-Bryant 3B
4-Rizzo 1B
5-Soler RF
6-SKOWarber DH
7-Baez 2B
8-Denorfia LF
9-Montero C

Yeah, being cautious and reasonable in one's expectations is way more dumb than assuming every prospect in the system will hit their best-case projection.

Reality is for the regular season. Fuck that shit now, we've got 9 Babe Ruths.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2035 on: March 31, 2015, 08:32:58 AM »
So at the risk of sounding like a common Chuck who basically gave Javy a week before deciding he wanted him dead, what are the odds Javy gets traded before he appears in a Cub uniform again? Really wouldn't be surprising if Epstein and Co. decided Javy could only lower his trade value by playing in the majors and repeating last year's performance, and that they've decided Addison Russell is the future.

Makes me kinda sad if so, though, because if Javy does pan out at all I think he'd be all kinds of fun.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2036 on: March 31, 2015, 08:57:03 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 31, 2015, 08:32:58 AM
So at the risk of sounding like a common Chuck who basically gave Javy a week before deciding he wanted him dead, what are the odds Javy gets traded before he appears in a Cub uniform again?

Like 10 percent? They're not going to get anything of substantial value for him right now, so I can't imagine they'll just unload him for the sake of doing so.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2037 on: March 31, 2015, 09:01:08 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 31, 2015, 08:57:03 AM
So at the risk of sounding like a common Chuck who basically gave Javy a week before deciding he wanted him dead, what are the odds Javy gets traded before he appears in a Cub uniform again?

Like 10 percent? They're not going to get anything of substantial value for him right now, so I can't imagine they'll just unload him for the sake of doing so.

No I don't think they'll just dump him or anything, but I wonder if it's safe to say (or maybe it always was) Addison might be the guy to get the first crack at the big league 2B job this year between the two.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2038 on: March 31, 2015, 09:01:42 AM »

I also think the Cubs have nothing to lose by seeing if Baez can figure it out in Iowa. He's currently low risk with a still-existing potential for high reward.
TIME TO POST!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2039 on: March 31, 2015, 09:03:42 AM »

My mantra has been since last summer that nobody has to get dealt yet.

That time's coming, but it still isn't here yet.  Baez is better off restoring his value off of AAA tomato cans for the time being.