News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Please Add Joyful Schadenfreude Here!!!  ( 4,654 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Please Add Joyful Schadenfreude Here!!!
« on: May 17, 2010, 11:05:02 PM »
Andy MacPhail's Baltiore Orioles currently sport the worst record in baseball (12-27)

Where have we seen this before?  I recall one time during the 0-14 losing streak in '97 and he coincidentally had a prearranged public/press outing and had to extemporaneously answer for his PANKness which was, as a result, more bloodlustily satisfying.  Anyway, the Cubs suck,  I'll take comfort in this.  It's all I have right now.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Please Add Joyful Schadenfreude Here!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »
Quote from: MAD on May 17, 2010, 11:05:02 PM
Andy MacPhail's Baltiore Orioles currently sport the worst record in baseball (12-27)

Where have we seen this before?  I recall one time during the 0-14 losing streak in '97 and he coincidentally had a prearranged public/press outing and had to extemporaneously answer for his PANKness which was, as a result, more bloodlustily satisfying.  Anyway, the Cubs suck,  I'll take comfort in this.  It's all I have right now.

I'll take comfort in it when Hendry joins his old pal's organization and commences to drink himself to death while scouting the bus leagues.

Maybe that was a little strong.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:56:42 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 18, 2010, 07:31:00 AM

I'll take comfort in it when Hendry joins his old pal's organization and commences to drink himself to death while scouting the bus leagues.

Or at least take down the fucking "Jim Hendry Way" sign at the corner of Northwest Highway and Touhy Avenue in downtown Park Ridge. 
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 09:03:31 AM »
Quote from: MAD on May 18, 2010, 08:56:42 AM

Or at least take down the fucking "Jim Hendry Way" sign at the corner of Northwest Highway and Touhy Avenue in downtown Park Ridge. 

A what?  Are you fucking kidding?  By Pickwick?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 09:04:31 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 18, 2010, 09:03:31 AM

It's brown, not green, but still...
Eli G. (6-22-10)

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 09:19:14 AM »
Quote from: MAD on May 18, 2010, 09:04:31 AM

I passed by that sign the other day when trying to avoid crap traffic on 294 by taking local roads.  I thought for sure I had hallucinated it.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 11:35:16 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on May 18, 2010, 09:19:14 AM
Quote from: MAD on May 18, 2010, 09:04:31 AM

I passed by that sign the other day when trying to avoid crap traffic on 294 by taking local roads.  I thought for sure I had hallucinated it.

This is Rudy Jaramillo's team.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 06:28:53 PM »

I pass that fucking thing every goddamn day on my way in to the office.  I pass the one on NW Highway and Oakton, are there really two of these up in the city?  I know he lives here, but fuck...

BTW- i am loving all the suburb love on the board today.  I feel less lame for going to TGI Fridays last night.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 06:40:38 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on May 18, 2010, 06:28:53 PM

I pass that fucking thing every goddamn day on my way in to the office.  I pass the one on NW Highway and Oakton, are there really two of these up in the city?  I know he lives here, but fuck...

BTW- i am loving all the suburb love on the board today.  I feel less lame for going to TGI Fridays last night.

Did you double-date with CT? He's there most weekends, when he's not at the Olive Garden.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 07:34:18 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on May 18, 2010, 06:40:38 PM

Did you double-date with CT? He's there most weekends, when he's not at the Olive Garden.

We can't all be urban sophisticates like Pen.  I wish I lived next to a strip mall with a Carl's Jr in it.

At least he can always follow that Big Red Star home.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »

I seriously went on a double date to T.G.I.Friday's on Sunday night.  And I used a coupon.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 09:29:01 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 19, 2010, 09:21:00 AM

I seriously went on a double date to T.G.I.Friday's on Sunday night.  And I used a coupon.

Did you have the potato skins?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 09:35:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2010, 09:29:01 AM

No, but a sampler was shared by all parties.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 19, 2010, 09:35:05 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2010, 09:29:01 AM

No, but a sampler was shared by all parties.

Kerm is becoming a swinger.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 09:52:50 AM »

That's the worst story I've ever heard in my life.  And I've heard like 4 of Pen's stories.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.