News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears - Redskins 10/24/10: Affirmative Action QB comes back to Chicago  ( 24,980 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears - Redskins 10/24/10: Affirmative Action QB comes back to Chicago
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2010, 05:07:19 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 24, 2010, 04:30:28 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 02:44:26 PM
Chuck posting disgusting pictures during the Bears cast is the least amusing something something since the time he something something.

Chuck do ever get tired of getting ridiculed for being unfunny? Or do you just thrive on it?

You just thrive on it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2010, 05:54:26 PM »
So if the Bears don't trade for Cutler, Orton gets murdered behind last year's offensive line. Hanie leads the Bears to a 2-14 record, Lovie and Angelo get fired and somehow they draft some decent linemen and maybe a quarterback falls into their laps. Possibly.

I'm not saying I prefer that scenario, but if the question is asked, "Would the Bears be better off had they not traded for Cutler?" This and several other scenarios pop into my head.

I feel really awful right now. Really fucking down, man.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2010, 05:54:51 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 24, 2010, 03:06:49 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 24, 2010, 03:04:45 PM
Would I be overreacting to say that I'm giving up on Cutler winning a Super Bowl as a Bear?

No. Cutler seems to find ways to lose games for the Bears instead of win them.

Million dollar arm, ten cent head.

In any event, this should be the final season for Lovie Smith and/or Angelo.

Let me clarify. I give Cutler maybe a third at most of the blame for the turnover shitshow that we've seen in his Bears career.

My high school memories aren't nearly as vivid as Yeti's, so I'm not sure that I'm qualified to comment on QB mechanics. But to me, Cutler shows a tendency to get lazy with his reads and mechanics when things aren't going his way. And that tendency gets magnified like an ant under 6th grade Tdubbs's magnifying glass when you put him on a team with no continuity on the offensive coaching staff, an offensive line more disgusting than Huey's next fistula, and a group of wide receivers about as agressive as BC at a Christian Radio Professionals Mixer.

But just because the guy is surrounded by shit doesn't mean we can't at least try to judge his individual performance. Compare him to a hateworthy asshat like Rodgers, who over the last couple seasons has had an offensive line that's probably comparable to Cutler's in shittiness, but has only turned the ball over 18 times in the midst of 64 sacks. Cutler on the other hand - sacked 62 times while turning it over 37 times. A rough comparison but still not good.

I'm sure if the Bears cleaned house after this season, brought in a GM who could draft some offensive linemen and receivers who were worth a shit, and a coach/offensive coordinator who could coach them up, this offense could be ready to win in a few years. But if Cutler is surrounded by this ineptitude for much longer, I wonder if he might just fall into a permanent funk of sulking and sucking. I wouldn't necessarily blame him.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 05:54:26 PM
So if the Bears don't trade for Cutler, Orton gets murdered behind last year's offensive line. Hanie leads the Bears to a 2-14 record, Lovie and Angelo get fired and somehow they draft some decent linemen and maybe a quarterback falls into their laps. Possibly.

I'm not saying I prefer that scenario, but if the question is asked, "Would the Bears be better off had they not traded for Cutler?" This and several other scenarios pop into my head.

I feel really awful right now. Really fucking down, man.

DPD. Those sentences. Remember how happy you were when you found out the Bears finally traded for a rocket armed franchise fucking quarterback? Then compare that to the pit in your stomach while watching today's abortion. God. Dammit.

At least McDaniels and Ortman are getting fucking rolled by the Raiders right now.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2010, 06:05:10 PM »
Days like this I'm glad I don't have Sunday Ticket.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2010, 06:07:04 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 24, 2010, 06:05:10 PM

I'm watching Red Zone Channel for free on the illegal internets. And reading a book. And sobbing. Sobbing.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2010, 06:15:05 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 24, 2010, 05:54:51 PM
Would I be overreacting to say that I'm giving up on Cutler winning a Super Bowl as a Bear?

Let me clarify. I give Cutler maybe a third at most of the blame for the turnover shitshow that we've seen in his Bears career.

My high school memories aren't nearly as vivid as Yeti's, so I'm not sure that I'm qualified to comment on QB mechanics. But to me, Cutler shows a tendency to get lazy with his reads and mechanics when things aren't going his way. And that tendency gets magnified like an ant under 6th grade Tdubbs's magnifying glass when you put him on a team with no continuity on the offensive coaching staff, an offensive line more disgusting than Huey's next fistula, and a group of wide receivers about as agressive as BC at a Christian Radio Professionals Mixer.

But just because the guy is surrounded by shit doesn't mean we can't at least try to judge his individual performance. Compare him to a hateworthy asshat like Rodgers, who over the last couple seasons has had an offensive line that's probably comparable to Cutler's in shittiness, but has only turned the ball over 18 times in the midst of 64 sacks. Cutler on the other hand - sacked 62 times while turning it over 37 times. A rough comparison but still not good.

I'm sure if the Bears cleaned house after this season, brought in a GM who could draft some offensive linemen and receivers who were worth a shit, and a coach/offensive coordinator who could coach them up, this offense could be ready to win in a few years. But if Cutler is surrounded by this ineptitude for much longer, I wonder if he might just fall into a permanent funk of sulking and sucking. I wouldn't necessarily blame him.

I'll say this about RV, he likes his similes.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2010, 06:27:39 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 06:07:04 PM

I'm watching Red Zone Channel for free on the illegal internets. And reading a book. And sobbing. Sobbing.

My advice is to start drinking heavily.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2010, 06:28:54 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 24, 2010, 06:27:39 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 06:07:04 PM

My advice is to start drinking heavily.

I'm trying to cut back heavily.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2010, 06:32:45 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 24, 2010, 06:15:05 PM

RV drops similes like Gil drops dollars into g-strings at lunch.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2010, 06:33:08 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 24, 2010, 06:15:05 PM

You're as feisty as Brad Biggs after a 4 tackle game by Tim Shaw.

Speaking of Biggs, he just twatted some Holy Shit material:

Quote#Bears have now run 10 plays from the opponents' 1-yard line this season. They have 0 touchdowns and 2 turnovers.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2010, 06:36:41 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 24, 2010, 06:33:08 PM
Quote#Bears have now run 10 plays from the opponents' 1-yard line this season. They have 0 touchdowns and 2 turnovers.

This is our concern, dude.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2010, 06:52:40 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 06:36:41 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 24, 2010, 06:33:08 PM

This is our concern, dude.

My first reaction was that 10 seemed low.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2010, 07:17:09 PM »

And that's when he tries to force things, especially in the red zone. Granted he has crap around him on offense, but in those moments when things are working he does something incredibly stupid. It was the difference in today's game.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2010, 07:37:22 PM »
I didn't catch the whole game today (thank God) but what was the deal with receivers (coughKnoxcough) just giving up on routes?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?