News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears - Redskins 10/24/10: Affirmative Action QB comes back to Chicago  ( 24,982 )

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears - Redskins 10/24/10: Affirmative Action QB comes back to Chicago
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 25, 2010, 11:00:27 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 10:46:29 AM
Quote from: CBStew on October 25, 2010, 10:39:23 AM
The 4-0 start notwithstanding, this never was a playoff caliber team.  So what difference does this loss make?

It was a 4-1 start. And what exactly is playoff-caliber in the NFC? The World Champs got pasted at home by Cleveland and Seattke holds a commanding lead out west. I guess the Falcons are the big dick now? Nothing is fucked here dude. It's not exactly fun to watch, this new NFL where every team is mortal as dick and anybody can back into the playoffs at 9-7 and contest the Super Bowl down to the final play. But it's something something and at least all the players are not on PED's.

Especially after this last weekend I've realized I hate this NFL. Parity? Fuck that. I like knowing who's good and who sucks. I don't want to live in a world where Oakland beats Denver at Denver by 75 points. And I don't even like Denver.

My survivor picks don't like this world either.  But at least I went down going with a crash and burn for the ages, instead of enduring the agony of Cincy fumbling a kickoff with 1:15 left and the game tied like last year.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2010, 12:41:35 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 12:36:36 PM
Delicious.

DPD.

I listened to this while I read it. I nearly jizm'd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWOsbGP5Ox4

Thank you, Raiders.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 25, 2010, 12:21:22 PM
Quote from: Yeti on October 25, 2010, 12:06:41 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 25, 2010, 11:49:59 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 25, 2010, 11:30:49 AM
The 4-0 start notwithstanding, this never was a playoff caliber team.  So what difference does this loss make?

It was a 4-1 start. And what exactly is playoff-caliber in the NFC? The World Champs got pasted at home by Cleveland and Seattke holds a commanding lead out west. I guess the Falcons are the big dick now? Nothing is fucked here dude. It's not exactly fun to watch, this new NFL where every team is mortal as dick and anybody can back into the playoffs at 9-7 and contest the Super Bowl down to the final play. But it's something something and at least all the players are not on PED's.

Especially after this last weekend I've realized I hate this NFL. Parity? Fuck that. I like knowing who's good and who sucks. I don't want to live in a world where Oakland beats Denver at Denver by 75 points. And I don't even like Denver.

THIS. My reasons are just because I'm in it to win it in my football pool. $500+ goes to the year-end winner and I was second, behind first by 3 points after last week. I got a total of 53 points this week, with 7 to be decided tonight. FM Betting L.

How many points do you have on the season?

Through week 6: 475. I had a nice week 6 @ 86 points. Vaulted me from 8th to 2nd. If the Bears hadn't been gutless fucks against Seattle, I would have had an extra 13 points. That's the last time I make them a "sure thing".

Can I play in your pool? I'd like $500.

Next year, sure. They don't care who plays. $2/week. $1 goes towards weekly (which is a payout of around $50) and the other dollar goes towards the yearly. How many points do you have so far, stud?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2010, 01:43:41 PM »
Delicious.

Wait...how is Tebow going to keep the Broncos defense from sucking?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2010, 01:49:35 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 25, 2010, 01:43:41 PM
Delicious.

He's not going to keep anything from sucking, except his girlfriend prior to marraige. OH! GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GOO!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2010, 01:55:47 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 25, 2010, 01:09:44 PM

THIS. My reasons are just because I'm in it to win it in my football pool. $500+ goes to the year-end winner and I was second, behind first by 3 points after last week. I got a total of 53 points this week, with 7 to be decided tonight. FM Betting L.

Through week 6: 475. I had a nice week 6 @ 86 points. Vaulted me from 8th to 2nd. If the Bears hadn't been gutless fucks against Seattle, I would have had an extra 13 points. That's the last time I make them a "sure thing".

Next year, sure. They don't care who plays. $2/week. $1 goes towards weekly (which is a payout of around $50) and the other dollar goes towards the yearly. How many points do you have so far, stud?

After this week: 570 or 576, depending on what the Gain'ts do tonight.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 01:49:35 PM
Delicious.

He's not going to keep anything from sucking, except his girlfriend prior to marraige. OH! GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GOO!

I was tempted to ask how the Broncos defense giving up 52 points to the Raiders dooms Orton's career, but then I proceeded to read the rest. The Tebow dong-chugging is just icing on the meatball cake...

QuoteThis defeat will leave a scar on true blue Broncomaniacs

QuoteOnly Tebow can save McDaniels now.

QuoteStubborn and stupid is no way to go through life.

QuoteWhat are the Broncos' playoff chances now? Well, take the Olympic record time in which veteran Champ Bailey bolted from the locker room without a peep, divide by three, and you get a big, fat zero.

QuoteSooner rather than later, the lone way McDaniels can silence the booing of Broncomaniacs directed at him will be to send Tebow marching into the Denver huddle.

"Broncomaniacs"? Do they call themselves this?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2010, 02:09:49 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 25, 2010, 01:55:47 PM
Quote from: Yeti on October 25, 2010, 01:09:44 PM
The 4-0 start notwithstanding, this never was a playoff caliber team.  So what difference does this loss make?

After this week: 570 or 576, depending on what the Gain'ts do tonight.

Jeebus. Pretty good. 72% Efficiency. I guess I'll be sitting at 528 or 535 (and I put some faith in the Cowboys, stupid me). But seriously, if you want to play next year, then you can. We can do this shit over PayPal, and you can rape my coworkers and me.

Or, hell, you could start now. It'd still be $2/week, but you'd have no shot winning the yearly, but weekly? You got yourself a nice shot.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2010, 02:13:38 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 25, 2010, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 01:49:35 PM
Delicious.

I was tempted to ask how the Broncos defense giving up 52 points to the Raiders dooms Orton's career, but then I proceeded to read the rest. The Tebow dong-chugging is just icing on the meatball cake...

QuoteThis defeat will leave a scar on true blue Broncomaniacs

QuoteOnly Tebow can save McDaniels now.

QuoteStubborn and stupid is no way to go through life.

QuoteWhat are the Broncos' playoff chances now? Well, take the Olympic record time in which veteran Champ Bailey bolted from the locker room without a peep, divide by three, and you get a big, fat zero.

QuoteSooner rather than later, the lone way McDaniels can silence the booing of Broncomaniacs directed at him will be to send Tebow marching into the Denver huddle.

"Broncomaniacs"? Do they call themselves this?

Orton was terrible in the first half yesterday. His first pass was a pick 6. And we've known for a long time that he is simply not that great at football. It took me about 8 years to reach that conclusion. So, forgive the columnist for waiting until now to recognize the folly of counting on him for anything more than caretaking of an offense hat needs Jesus to help overcome the lack of talent on that entire roster. Ol' Josh got rid of all those clubhouse cancers and surrounded himself with "winners." Such a fucking tool. He's the professional equivalent of every high school coach you've ever hated.

"My way or the highway" etc... Whatever, douche. Don't let the doorknob hit ya where Timmy's Good Lord split ya.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2010, 02:28:28 PM »
QuoteThe humiliation of a 59-14 loss to Oakland will forever be stamped like an "L" on the forehead of Orton so long as he wears a Broncos uniform. Whether he starts one or 12 more games for Denver doesn't really matter. Orton can never again inspire real hope in this town.

This implies that Orton once inspired "real" hope in Denver.  Did Broncos fans fail to notice that Orton was white, had a neckbeard, and was not named Barack?
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2010, 02:32:04 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on October 25, 2010, 02:28:28 PM
QuoteThe humiliation of a 59-14 loss to Oakland will forever be stamped like an "L" on the forehead of Orton so long as he wears a Broncos uniform. Whether he starts one or 12 more games for Denver doesn't really matter. Orton can never again inspire real hope in this town.

This implies that Orton once inspired "real" hope in Denver.  Did Broncos fans fail to notice that Orton was white, had a neckbeard, and was not named BarackSidney?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2010, 02:40:16 PM »
Did Broncos fans fail to notice that Orton was white, had a neckbeard, and was not named Barack?

One of my co-workers is a huge Broncos fan.  I figured if anyone would have noticed, it would be him because he watches every Broncos game.  So I wandered over to his office a little bit ago and he says that he did not fail to notice any of these things about Kyle Orton shortly after he joined the team.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2010, 02:53:27 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 25, 2010, 02:40:16 PM
Did Broncos fans fail to notice that Orton was white, had a neckbeard, and was not named Barack?

One of my co-workers is a huge Broncos fan.  I figured if anyone would have noticed, it would be him because he watches every Broncos game.  So I wandered over to his office a little bit ago and he says that he did not fail to notice any of three of these things about Kyle Orton shortly after he joined the team.

That's good investigative reporting, folks.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2010, 09:58:19 AM »
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."